It is great Cheny voted to impeach. But after voting and enabling this man for four years we are supposed to all the sudden cry a river for her and all the other GOP members who all the sudden found a back bone. Like the cabinet members who resigned like what week before he was leaving office any way.

We saw the Senators who were angry with Trump on the 6th and the day after go back on that and say Impeachment is not the way to go and all that crap.

Like I said in a past post I want to see how Anti Trump these people stay they are up for reelection and want his cult members to vote for them. If it sticks good for them. but The GOP changes their mind and backtracks at the drop of a hat.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Seconded! Or third. Whatever ...

I feel little compassion for the Cheney's because it is too little, too late.

On the same token, it is a bad look for the GOP right now.

How are they going to take the House back in 2022 when they are busy infighting and devouring their own?
    The crazies on the far, far right of the GOP (to the right of Cheney, Kinzinger, and just "hard right" people) seem to think their path to victory is to get crazier and more fascist in the primary. To win in the general, they'll cheat, gerrymander, and suppress votes in minority areas more.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The crazies on the far, far right of the GOP (to the right of Cheney, Kinzinger, and just "hard right" people) seem to think their path to victory is to get crazier and more fascist in the primary. To win in the general, they'll cheat, gerrymander, and suppress votes in minority areas more.
    They can do that all they want but how will that help if they split their base?

Trumpers vs. Conservatives cost them 2 Senate seats this election cycle.

I mean .. there's only so much you can do if your base is divided ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

McConnell calls Marjorie Taylor Greene a ‘cancer’ to GOP in stunning attack on pro-Trump outsider.

If there is anything I hate more than Mitch McConnell, it’s people who do things so bad I end up agreeing with Mitch McConnell.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

They can do that all they want but how will that help if they split their base?

Trumpers vs. Conservatives cost them 2 Senate seats this election cycle.

I mean .. there's only so much you can do if your base is divided ...
    They wont be divided for long. They are already going the way of Trump and getting more in Bed with the Qannon people. The GOP had a real chance to be done with Trump. The day he left The White house he was never weaker. A failed Coup, no Social media presence, several big name speaking against him, people resigning.

Then those big names doubled down on their support of him and wanting to kiss the ass of the cult. The way they are going after the ones in the house who voted to impeach, the way the Senate tried to have Impeachment voted constitutional, flying down to meet with Trump. I cant believe that Mcarhty was the only one who wanted that meeting to happen.

So it is clear the way the GOP is going to go.

Edit - Just saw the link above. it is great Mitch is speaking out but how many others really are? And will the Senators push back on him for saying this.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

In other news, I feel the need to say, I really don't like AOC very much. I don't dislike her in the way I dislike Trumpian Republicans, but I really dislike the way nearly every story about her is about hwo she is a victim, a target, how they are out to get her, how it's all about her.

It's not that she might not have some facts behind what she says, it is the way it comes across.

it's not her telling a story ti show empathy with someone else, or trying to fix a problem. It's just her going 'me, me, me' and I don't like that much in anyone.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I really have to thank Taylor Greene.

This came as a shock to me today. But my aunt heard some stuff Greene has said. And read a lot of her comments in the past. And that to hear reading other comments and seeing other videos of hardcore Qannon members. She said they are nuts. I informed her that she has been talking like that for months. That the things they are saying are things she is routinely repeating and posting. That is why she has been banned from Twitter. That she has been talking like this to her Trumper buddies ever since she moved in.

I swear she made this face like I threw cold water on her. Like I cant describe it.

Any way she has been locked in her room since 8 this morning. I head some yelling about an hour ago and looked in to see if she was okay and she was yelling at one of her Trumper group fiends. She came out of her room like 200 minutes ago and I said I have not seen you all day are you okay? She just said she has a lot of heavy thinking to do.

I am not going to say that she is having this magic conversion or anything. But she has been looking up sites and articles from former Qannon members and such. Bit it is a good sign that she is at least looking.

I hope this is a turning point for her. I mean I am pretty sure she is not going to become a Biden backer or a Dem. But she is looking into things it seems.

Edit - She saw these comments when she was in my room and I was helping her with paper work for a new job. I had on CNN and they were talking about Greene.
    I hope your Aunt see's what going on, and finally comes back to reality.

For all of the (rightful) talk of Trump's policies tearing apart families on the boarder, he's also been tearing apart plenty of families in America as well.

Astonishing Member

Durbin just tweeted

Proud to announce that I will be taking over as Chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee for the 117th Congress.

This moment in history demands much of the Senate Judiciary Committee. I’m honored to lead my colleagues as we face these challenges.

He also appointed Ossoff and Padilla to the committee
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 02-02-2021 at 04:16 PM.

McConnell calls Marjorie Taylor Greene a ‘cancer’ to GOP in stunning attack on pro-Trump outsider.

If there is anything I hate more than Mitch McConnell, it’s people who do things so bad I end up agreeing with Mitch McConnell.
    She's been a cancer to the Party for a long time now. McConnell basically ignored her until she became a stage 4 cancer.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    In other news, I feel the need to say, I really don't like AOC very much. I don't dislike her in the way I dislike Trumpian Republicans, but I really dislike the way nearly every story about her is about hwo she is a victim, a target, how they are out to get her, how it's all about her.

It's not that she might not have some facts behind what she says, it is the way it comes across.

it's not her telling a story ti show empathy with someone else, or trying to fix a problem. It's just her going 'me, me, me' and I don't like that much in anyone.
    It sounds like it's not AOC you dislike, but rather the way the media covers her. Blame the way the media likes to cover anyone who's both physically attractive and charismatic. Don't blame AOC for the way she deals with those who attack her.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    It sounds like it's not AOC you dislike, but rather the way the media covers her. Blame the way the media likes to cover anyone who's both physically attractive and charismatic. Don't blame AOC for the way she deals with those who attack her.
    In part I agree with you, the news media likes to push her to the forefront whenever possible, stealing the air from other Congress people who might have their own stories to tell. However, she does not seem to be dissuading them from doing it. She must know that this kind of publicity might elevate her to a higher position faster, however there are downfalls to that.

Being a 'Golden child' may take you up the steep slope faster, but the slope on the other side going down can be just as steep.

This makes me think of Hawly in that the republicans viwewed him as a 'Golden Child', only to have him give a power fist to an angry mob of Trump Supporters who then stormed the Capitol.

I know AOC wouldn't do that, but power does go to people's heads in strange ways.

Only time will tell if she learns to handle this better, or falls off the cliff.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    In part I agree with you, the news media likes to push her to the forefront whenever possible, stealing the air from other Congress people who might have their own stories to tell. However, she does not seem to be dissuading them from doing it. She must know that this kind of publicity might elevate her to a higher position faster, however there are downfalls to that.

Being a 'Golden child' may take you up the steep slope faster, but the slope on the other side going down can be just as steep.

This makes me think of Hawly in that the republicans viwewed him as a 'Golden Child', only to have him give a power fist to an angry mob of Trump Supporters who then stormed the Capitol.

I know AOC wouldn't do that, but power does go to people's heads in strange ways.

Only time will tell if she learns to handle this better, or falls off the cliff.
    The GOP made Nancy Pelosi sound like the biggest monster in Congress, but Nancy Pelosi also makes it hard to defend Nancy Pelosi, if that makes any sense.

We'll see if AOC keeps a steady head or if she becomes the very thing her opponents lash out against.

Pentagon clears out advisory boards, citing concerns over last-minute Trump picks

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin has dismissed every member of the Pentagon’s advisory boards in a sweeping move fueled by concern that the Trump administration had rushed through a series of last-minute appointments, Pentagon officials said Tuesday.

The move affects several hundred board members who sit on about 40 advisory boards, including dozens of people who had been named to the posts in the closing days of former President Donald Trump’s tenure.

Among those dismissed are highly partisan figures such as Corey Lewandowski, Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign manager, David Bossie, a former Trump deputy campaign manager, former Republican House speaker Newt Gingrich and retired Brig. Gen. Anthony Tata. But instead of singling out Trump appointees, the move applies to all board members, including those appointed before the Trump presidency.