Good! They need to totally clean house. Expel all the Trump loyalist and seditionists from national security positions.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Looks like were seeing the Stimulus go through. No Republicans voted to pass it of course....

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/02/coro...lief-bill.html
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I don't have too much sympathy for the tragedy of the Cheneys or the decay of the "traditional" Republican (because the Cheneys were plenty radical let's be real).

That said, this new concept of "representing the vote of the people" meaning that their representatives have to basically kowtow in lockstep to Trump a pretty weird and disturbing mutation of the body politic.

It's a little disturbing there hasn't been pushback on this.
    This is how autocrats come to power.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    McConnell calls Marjorie Taylor Greene a ‘cancer’ to GOP in stunning attack on pro-Trump outsider.

If there is anything I hate more than Mitch McConnell, it’s people who do things so bad I end up agreeing with Mitch McConnell.
    The enemy of my enemy is not necessarily my friend. When Moscow Mitch is seen as the lesser evil compared to a QAnon whackjob like Greene, you KNOW things are really wretched in the Republican Party.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The enemy of my enemy is not necessarily my friend. When Moscow Mitch is seen as the lesser evil compared to a QAnon whackjob like Greene, you KNOW things are really wretched in the Republican Party.
    He's probably just upset about the level of influence she suddenly has, especially over the lunatic fringe of the party.

Astonishing Member

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Looks like were seeing the Stimulus go through. No Republicans voted to pass it of course....

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/02/coro...lief-bill.html
    So now that they have voted to do reconciliation when do they vote on the bill itself?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    They can do that all they want but how will that help if they split their base?

Trumpers vs. Conservatives cost them 2 Senate seats this election cycle.

I mean .. there's only so much you can do if your base is divided ...
    I can't be sanguine. Don't underestimate how many will turn out and vote for anything that isn't Democrat b/c abortion, BLM, taxes, Blue Lives Matter or whatever. I find it easier to believe that a fair share of those 74M voted Trump against something than for Trump. More, with so many Gerrymandered districts, they don't have to win majority mandates, just enough to capture seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty spot on. The lunatic fringe has taken hold and shows no signs of letting go at present.

Astonishing Member

Whenever you encounter a conservative who argues white privilege doesn’t exist — just show them this:

Sounds about white.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Amazing Member

Hinckley didn't have any ideological or political axe to grind. He was a creepy celebrity stalker who thought shooting Reagan would get him noticed by his celebrity crush (Jodie Foster).

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

The FOP and their Thin Blue Line stooges haven’t staged any angry — or even tearful — press conferences about the murder of Officer Sicknick and is it because they’re respecting covid protocols or something? Seems like this would be a good time to use their bully pulpit. Also this would be a great opportunity for them to use this to target "Defund the Police", but nope, they've been deathly quiet lol

Quote Originally Posted by rogersmcfeely View Post
    Hinckley didn't have any ideological or political axe to grind. He was a creepy celebrity stalker who thought shooting Reagan would get him noticed by his celebrity crush (Jodie Foster).
    Yes, and the GOP is now the party of advocating murdering people for the sake of their celebrity crush.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Short and sweet: it dies on the vine. If SDNY nails Trump's ass to the wall and he's sent to prison, no one can take his place, not Don Junior, not Eric, and damn sure not Ivanka. Trumpism is all about racism, white nationalism and white grievance, without their fearless leader who spews all that venom like lava, Trumpanzees become marginalized.
    I think a core of Trumpers will remain as a terrorist cell for years to come, like a right wing version of Germany's RAF.

Whenever you encounter a conservative who argues white privilege doesn’t exist — just show them this:

Sounds about white.
    I'm inclined to agree.