Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    For Eleanor Holmes Norton the question then is why not let them be reabsorbed into the states that they were originally part of as of what happened in the 1840s where areas west of the Potomac that were part of D.C. rejoined Virginia through retrocession. Also the first thing then that would need to be addressed would be be the 23rd amendment as if there is any one residence or arguable a private business in the "district" then that one residence would have 3 electrical college votes. It is a lot more complicated than just cutting a 10 square miles or even 2 out and calling it "the district" and making surrounding the neighbor hoods a state. And because of the 23 amendment something will have to go through the amendment process for any of it to work...
    I believe Maryland doesn't want it, but things can always change.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

No ****.....

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Whenever you encounter a conservative who argues white privilege doesn’t exist — just show them this:

Sounds about white.
    That judge needs to be removed from the bench immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Yes, and the GOP is now the party of advocating murdering people for the sake of their celebrity crush.
    The difference is that when Jodie Foster found out about Hinkley's crush, she completely disavowed him, while the GOP's celebrity crush encourages the violence.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Astonishing Member
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    I think a core of Trumpers will remain as a terrorist cell for years to come, like a right wing version of Germany's RAF.
    More like the isolated Japanese soldiers who never knew the war had ended.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Texas sorry after mistakenly sending emergency alert for cursed Chucky doll

The Texas public safety department raised a few eyebrows in the Lone Star state by reportedly sending out an emergency alert asking its citizens to keep an eye out for Chucky – the evil possessed doll from the horror movie series Child’s Play – whom it said was a suspect in a kidnapping.

The message went out over the state’s Amber Alert system, which is blasted to people’s mobile phones, usually to help find a missing child. It was sent three times.

It described the suspect as being called Chucky and listed him as a 28-year-old with red, auburn hair, blue eyes who stood at 3ft 1in tall and weighed 16lbs. He was said to be wearing blue denim overalls with a multi-colored striped long sleeve shirt and carrying a large knife – matching his appearance in the films.

His race was listed as “Other: Doll.”
    LOL
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

GOP Lawmakers Look to Remove Ilhan Omar from Committees as Dems Attack Taylor Greene

House Republicans this week are looking to remove Representative Ilhan Omar (D., Minn.) from her committee assignments amid a similar fight from Democrats to oust Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene (R., Ga.) from her assignments.

Earlier this week House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer reportedly gave GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy an ultimatum: remove Greene from her committee assignments in 72 hours or Democrats will bring the issue to the House floor.

Greene’s appointment to the House Education and Labor Committee and the House Budget Committee sparked outcry last week from Democrats who say that she should be disqualified from serving on the committee over a recently unearthed video of a 2019 incident in which she harassed a survivor of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting, saying the survivor was paid by George Soros, as well as a 2018 Facebook post in which she agreed that the Sandy Hook and Stoneman Douglas shootings were “staged.”
    GOP trying to equate these two Reps is just complete idiocy.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    GOP Lawmakers Look to Remove Ilhan Omar from Committees as Dems Attack Taylor Greene

Let the GOP's anti-Muslin bigotry into the full sunlight.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post

To be honest, I'm surprised Republicans targeted Omar, I mean, I haven't heard anything about her in goodness knows when. I thought Republicans would go after AOC instead.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

She, AOC and Pelosi are basically conservative boogeyman in the right-wing mediasphere.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    To be honest, I'm surprised Republicans targeted Omar, I mean, I haven't heard anything about her in goodness knows when. I thought Republicans would go after AOC instead.
    Ilhan Omar has said some things that are loonier, like the comments about Jewish members of Congress having an allegiance to Israel.

However, a problem with going after Ilhan Omar right now is that there haven't been any major controversies involving her for some time. It seems that she has become a more disciplined political figure. We also haven't had any controversy about previous statements.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Ilhan Omar has said some things that are loonier, like the comments about Jewish members of Congress having an allegiance to Israel.

However, a problem with going after Ilhan Omar right now is that there haven't been any major controversies involving her for some time. It seems that she has become a more disciplined political figure. We also haven't had any controversy about previous statements.
    I think Space Lasers are easily the looniest thing around, thanks

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Dog whistling. Omar's ethnicity makes for a scarier Other in their minds.

Plus, she doesn't have AOC's razor-edged Twitter Game. Nobody really likes trending as a result of that.