11 Republicans joined the Democrats to remove Greene from her Committee positions.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Pressuring people and holding them for accountable does produce results...who'da thunk?

The Dems should still remove her from comittees though.
    I am just wondering how much of her speech is legit and how much is her just backsliding and saying what people want her to say?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I am just wondering how much of her speech is legit and how much is her just backsliding and saying what people want her to say?
    It doesn't matter. Her speech has no real remorse. It does have a whiff more reality compared to everything else she's said and done until now but she still equivocates and dodges true responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    11 Republicans joined the Democrats to remove Greene from her Committee positions.
    One more than the number who voted for the Second Trumpeachment.

Astonishing Member

If it was legit she had ample opportunity to address it publicly. It's bs, she was fundraising off "cancel culture". And saying she wasn't going to back down.

She finally makes public backtracking when the vote was locked in. Not genuine at all. Her apology wasn't even contrition. She blamed the media for being just as bad. And acted like people made her believe in Q.

She said "I was allowed to believe". How does that happen? Who allowed her? What happened to the Party of personal responsibility?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Let's not give her cool-abbreviations. Those (RBG, AOC) get to be earned.

Marjorie Taylor Greene...three names just like Lee Harvey Oswald, John Wilkes Booth, and Amy Coney Barrett.

Alternatively you can just call her Greene.

I could just use the letter C.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

.@BenSasse to Nebraska GOP State Central Committee before it censures him: "You are welcome to censure me again – but let’s be clear about why: It’s because I still believe (as you used to) that politics is not about the weird worship of one dude.”
    Twitter Link
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Never mind.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 02-04-2021 at 07:38 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

I think it's a real estate thing where he makes his signature odd and squiggly to avoid stuff.

Messy signatures are neither here nor there. Many decent people I know in life have messy signatures and it's just incidental.
    Once I started having to sign my name a lot to paperwork, it was amazing how letters began disappearing from name . . .

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I could just use the letter C.
    Still too cool. I like Jack's idea. All three names, like most deranged assassins.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Still too cool. I like Jack's idea. All three names, like most deranged assassins.
    Even Jack the Ripper (his name never came out right)!

BANNED

The gunman with three names was perpetuated to ensure that you have as little confusion as possible between common names.

John Booth for instance could lead to many people being suspected and targeted and accused by mistake. John Wilkes Booth though narrowed stuff down.

So it has a practical police function. Occassionally it does lead to distortions, like for instance Oswald was called Lee Oswald by most everyone who knew him at the time. But after Dallas, he became known and will remain forever known as Lee Harvey Oswald, immortalized by his little used middle name.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I'd say it was all bullshit. Greene was doing nothing more than covering her ass.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Jack forgot Mark David Chapman, John Lennon's killer.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Any country would rightly fear what secrets a spy would reveal to a foreign power when faced with imprisonment. Pretty sure the threat of going to extended stay at Gitmo would make most people sing soprano in a heartbeat.
    Is there any evidence that any useful intelligence was obtained through all those years of "enhanced interrogation" in Gitmo?