Astonishing Member

Woman charged in US Capitol riot can take trip to Mexico, federal judge says

What the fuck? This is some ol’ bullsh**. A literal terrorist is allowed to go on vocation.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 02-05-2021 at 04:37 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post

What the fuck? This is some ol’ bullsh**. A literal terrorist is allowed to go on vocation.
    Is that one of the judges Trump appointed? Would not surprise me.

Well...

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/05/media...led/index.html

Fox Business suddenly cancels 'Lou Dobbs Tonight,' its highest-rated show

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

EDIT: Yet again, I am beaten to the punch. This time by numberthirty.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    EDIT: Yet again, I am beaten to the punch. This time by numberthirty.
    I'm calling that a "Too Close To Call Photo Finish..."

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Gawd bless Smartmatic and Dominion!!!

Suing people and media companies for spewing slanderous conspiracy theories about them. A novel idea.

This is truly amazing and I hope it scares the shit out of right wing propaganda networks and destroys their whole MO.
    Last edited by Robotman; 02-05-2021 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I remember when our local oldies station played 50's and 60's music. Now it plays music from the early to mid 90's.
    I use to work at a radio station here in Connecticut that would play a mix of oldies and popular/Top 40.

Now it's a Spanish station with the call letters WCUM.

Did the judge say anything about letting her return to the U.S. when her trip is over?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I remember when our local oldies station played 50's and 60's music. Now it plays music from the early to mid 90's.
    Yeah, because if you're a teenager today, that music is oldies. Those of us who remember when it was new music ...

I remember a friend of mine being blown away by The Slim Shady LP, and going on about how crazy it was that a white rapper had the support of Dr. Dre. TFW that's two decades ago.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Astonishing Member

Good riddance to bad grandpa looking Dobbs.

I hope Jeanine Pirro's hairdo is next. Being proud of being called dumb by the libs? Now's the best time show for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    Yeah, because if you're a teenager today, that music is oldies. Those of us who remember when it was new music ...

I remember a friend of mine being blown away by The Slim Shady LP, and going on about how crazy it was that a white rapper had the support of Dr. Dre. TFW that's two decades ago.
    Even Metallica is dadrock now, can even be heard in the office with the right management.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Good riddance to bad grandpa looking Dobbs.

I hope Jeanine Pirro's hairdo is next. Being proud of being called dumb by the libs? Now's the best time show for it.

Even Metallica is dadrock now, can even be heard in the office with the right management.
    When our business office channeler pulls out her headphones to talk, it is always blaring some Nordic metal band I can't pronounce.

She is a good 20 years my senior and I am closer to 40 than 30 now.

She is a hoot and a half. She looks and dresses like my children's grandmother. It is fuckin' awesome.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Looks like Dobbs is the victim of "cancel culture".
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

And out of the country yet! Don't be surprised if they have to hire a bounty hunter to bring her back to the US.
    Watching television is not an activity.

These right wing extremists love to talk about how they are oppressed but time and time again we see them one up themselves with white privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    These right wing extremists love to talk about how they are oppressed but time and time again we see them one up themselves with white privilege.
    Speaking of, Kyle Rittenhouse jumped bail. Kid murdered two people, got to hang out with known felons, go to bars while underage, and now has just up and vanished.

Whatever bounty hunter brings him in, I'd tip even if I'm not the one paying the bounty.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

On this date in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, as well as 2020, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day posted profiles of Kentucky Governor Matt Bevin, who while a challenger to Mitch McConnell's U.S. Senate seat back in 2014, came out in support of Personhood legislation to give zygotes the same rights as fully born adult citizens, and who attended a rally in support of cockfighting (and then unsuccessfully tried lying about it when the media reported on it). Matt Bevin then won the 2015 GOP Primary in the governor’s race in Kentucky by a whopping 83 votes, and went on to top the Democrat in the field even though he had spoken about the Medicaid Expansion in Kentucky, and expressed his desire to reverse the decision, which would take away healthcare from hundreds of thousands of people in Kentucky. Much like his previous gaffe with going to a dogfighting rally, Bevin tried denying he ever made remarks about stripping healthcare from so many... even though he was caught on tape doing so. Bevin was elected even though he professed in October that he wanted to execute the failed policy several states implemented of drug testing welfare recipients. Since taking office, Bevin immediately started trying to reverse any progress done by outgoing Governor Steve Beshear, including the reversal an executive order made by Beshear to restore the voting rights of some who had them taken away permanently for felony convictions, or doing whatever he could to help out bigoted county clerks like Kim Davis who were losing their minds about having to do their jobs and sign off on same sex marriages by changing the way marriage licenses are written so that the clerk's name not only doesn't need to be signed, but doesn't appear at all on the document.

In September of 2016 at the Voter Values Summit, Matt Bevin lost his goddamned mind when he was asked if the country could “survive a Clinton presidency”, and began rambling about revolution, saying, “The roots of the tree of liberty are watered by what?. The blood, of who? The tyrants to be sure, but who else? The patriots. Whose blood will be shed? It may be that of those in this room. It might be that of our children and grandchildren.” When asked for clarification about his remarks, he became even more paranoid, adding, “Today we have thousands of men and women in uniform fighting for us overseas and they need our full backing. We cannot be complacent about the determination of radical Islamic extremists to destroy our freedoms.” But a month later, Matt Bevin was urging preachers and clergy to ignore whatever warnings they might have received about politicking (which can jeopardize their tax-exempt status), and help the GOP campaign to win offices, and calling the existing law a “paper tiger”.

2017 was a particularly insane year for Matt Bevin, starting in January of that year when he released a Facebook live video where he trashed the name of his state Attorney General, Andy Beshear,because Beshear revealed that he wouldn’t challenge a lawsuit against HB 2, an anti-abortion law Bevin signed even though it was patently unconstitutional based on all precedent. This would, of course, save the state from not just the cost of losing that lawsuit, but the time and effort involved. During his rant, Bevin called Beshear “dishonorable” and called out a newspaper from the Courier Journal of Louisville and calling her reporting “lies”. In March 2017, Gov. Bevin signed SB 17 into law, a “religious freedom” law that allows public school students to express religious and political views in homework and class projects “free from discrimination or penalty,” distribute political and religious literature, and wear religious items and symbols. Where it completely goes off the rails, is the law would allow for student organizations to openly discriminate against LGBTQ students based on their sexual orientation or gender identity. In other words, it’s a violation of the separation of church and state, and just flat out discrimination, with lawsuits immediately getting filed that the state will inevitably lose. By the end of that month, Bevin’s administration began filing lawsuits against every abortion clinic in Kentucky, and nearly did so to the extent that they nearly closed the last one in the state. The move was blocked, however, by a judge’s ruling.

In May of 2017, Bevin referred to the local press as “cicadas” in a Facebook Live broadcast in an attack on his local press, and within a week, this led an apparent Bevin supporter to shoot out the windows of the Lexington Herald-Leader. In August of 2017, after a Neo-Nazi drove his vehicle into counter-protesters in Charlottesville, Virginia, injuring a score of people and killing Heather Heyer, Matt Bevin echoed the remarks of Donald Trump, claiming that “both sides” were to blame. (It’s hard to get any lower than that…) By October of 2017 Bevin stated his desire to never legalize marijuana usage in Kentucky because of “people overdosing based on ingestion of products that are edibles and things,” adding “law enforcement people in emergency rooms being overrun by problems.” (HINT: There are not marijuana overdoses happening, from edibles or otherwise.)

In 2018, Matt Bevin threatened to take away Medicaid funding from half a million people in Kentucky “if they don’t work for it”, blamed an uptick in gun violence over the past several years, particularly in school shootings, has nothing to do with the easy availability of firearms, but it’s actually due to “violent video games, appeared in a about noted homophobic bigot Kim Davis, declaring her an “inspiration to the children of America”. He also responded to a teacher’s strike in Kentucky by making the ridiculous accusation that teachers not being in school led to a mass outbreak of child molestations in Kentucky, and went Louisville’s Phoenix Hill school district (which is demographically 86% black and 13% Hispanic)to makes the very tone deaf and insensitive statement, "I'm going to go in and meet the members of the West Louisville Chess Club -- not something you necessarily would have thought of when you think of this section of town”.

Matt Bevin was the least popular governor in the United States in December 2018, after the Lexington Courier-Journal and Pro-Publica begin investigations into his administration, Gov. Bevin went on a paranoid, conspiracy-theory-laden rant about how they are “biased” and claimed that they were funded by George Soros. Only days later, a Neo-Nazi mass shooter in Pittsburgh gunned down a synagogue, while ranting about George Soros. He wouldn’t get any less paranoid as the 2019 election approached.

On January 30th, 2019: After public schools close in Kentucky during minus-15 degree weather, Gov. Bevin complains about how “we’re getting soft” for not sending children out to get frostbite. By March 2019, Matt Bevin apparently was not yet done campaigning on his “cruelty to children” method to winning re-election, as he began boasting about deliberately exposing his 9 children to chickenpox rather than getting them vaccinated. He then followed by going on an anti-vaccination, small-government tirade. As his re-election approached, in 2019, Bevin became more and more desperate, and things look really bleak as Donald Trump, Jr. comes to stump for his re-election… and only about a hundred people showed up to the event. It didn’t even save him when Donald Trump came to host a rally on Matt Bevin’s behalf, where he makes everything about him, telling Bevin, “You’re sending that big message to the rest of the country. It’s so important, you got to get your friends, you got to vote. Because if you lose, it sends a really bad message. You can’t let that happen to me.” Democrat Andy Beshear ended up defeating Matt Bevin by about 5,400 votes to become the Governor of Kentucky, denying Bevin a second term. Eight days after the election, Bevin still had not conceded to Beshear, and continued to spread conspiracy theories about supposed “voter fraud”. Even fellow Republicans including U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell started to tell him to pack it in. In his last days in office, Matt Bevin makes 650 shocking and egregious pardons of Kentucky felons without first doing the proper review process, including a convicted murderer whose family donated money to Bevin’s campaign, a man who raped a 9-year old because Bevin believed he couldn’t have done anything because the victim’s “hymen was intact”, and a man who raped an unconscious teenage boy with a sex toy at a party, nearly killing the victim in the assault (Which the perpetrator FILMED. THERE IS VIDEO EVIDENCE.) The FBI has launched a formal investigation into the legality of Bevin’s lame duck pardons. Now, we’re revolted by the last acts of Governor Matt Bevin, and those pardons, but we are goddamned relieved he’s no longer in office, and based on him giving some of the biggest monsters in Kentucky’s prisons their freedom to roam the streets (possibly because Bevin is just evil and wants children to suffer, or something), we’re almost certain he will never win office, anywhere, again (We hope). As he is now out of office, we’ll retire his profile and take a look at another kooky Republican today instead. (Current crazy/stupid scoreboard, is now 961-45, since this was established in July 2014.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.