Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Yeah, militants who stormed the Capitol a month ago, resulting in half a dozen deaths, including police officers whom the GQP professes to support wholeheartedly. Qpublicans didn't waste much time climbing in bed with scumbag domestic terrorists because that suited their nefarious ends.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

We need a standardized anagram for today's Republican Party. QGOP? QOP? GQP? Let's pick one.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    We need a standardized anagram for today's Republican Party. QGOP? QOP? GQP? Let's pick one.
    GOP stands for Grand Old Party. So, it might make more sense to just go with QP.

Also, RNC would become QNC.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Orthographically, GQP works well.

Grand Qanon Party which sounds internet troll as it is. Though it has the risk in that some are going to pun Grand Qanon into Grand Canyon, and come off as faux-cool and faux-clever.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    GOP stands for Grand Old Party. So, it might make more sense to just go with QP.

Also, RNC would become QNC.
    And Republicans become Qpublicans.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Lindsey Graham warns that if the House Managers call one witness, the defense is going to call Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters, Cory Booker, and Eric Holder to testify

With the exception of Biden and Pelosi, pretty much every person of color that Graham could think of off the top of his head.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lindsey Graham warns that if the House Managers call one witness, the defense is going to call Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters, Cory Booker, and Eric Holder to testify

With the exception of Biden and Pelosi, pretty much every person of color that Graham could think of off the top of his head.
    As long as the Manages can call Graham about his interference in Georgia.
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ion-fraud.html
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    "My political party is filled with conspiracy theorists, many of whom are becoming inspired to become domestic terrorists, and the elected officials keep fueling them with the same lies to radicalize them.

But, I dunno, I guess I'll wait and see if the terrorists leave first before I do. I'm sure it will work itself out."

Ah, the bravery of Republicans. So inspiring.
    That's not what I said in the post.

However, it does seem that if people don't like the current Republican party, they should want to have the registered Republicans who will pick better candidates to stay in the party. Encouraging more sensible people to leave does indicate a preference for crazier nominees and inevitably elected officials going forward.

For Democrats there is also the question of whether they want pissed off Republicans joining the Democratic party, and voting in the primaries.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    It really wouldn't take very many (1-2% across the board) to have a huge impact. In 2016, there were 4 States totaling 75 Electoral Votes which Trump won by less than 2%.
    Less than 1% actually.

And Trump lost key states by a similar percentage in 2020, so the Republican party is still competitive.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Its good to see that The GOP Senators will be fair and impartial jurors.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

It is also unclear what role Biden, Harris, Waters, Booker, and especially Holder have to do with the insurrection. Pelosi being called as a witness would be fine, but I would guess the most affecting testimony would be as to why people were trying to assassinate her.

Let's also be clear: House Impeachment Managers can't merely rest their case on Trump's words or actions on JUST JANUARY 6th. Doing so is myopic and misses the larger picture of how Trump was actively inciting violence as the only alternative as he lost battle after battle legally to try to steal the election from Biden. Republicans can dig in and try to use what-aboutism to Waters' past statements, but the truth is that it is bigger than just an individual statement made on the 6th of January. It's a long play that riled up a base of violent people to attack the Capitol to obstruct a legitimate process of government.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    It is also unclear what role Biden, Harris, Waters, Booker, and especially Holder have to do with the insurrection. Pelosi being called as a witness would be fine, but I would guess the most affecting testimony would be as to why people were trying to assassinate her.

Let's also be clear: House Impeachment Managers can't merely rest their case on Trump's words or actions on JUST JANUARY 6th. Doing so is myopic and misses the larger picture of how Trump was actively inciting violence as the only alternative as he lost battle after battle legally to try to steal the election from Biden. Republicans can dig in and try to use what-aboutism to Waters' past statements, but the truth is that it is bigger than just an individual statement made on the 6th of January. It's a long play that riled up a base of violent people to attack the Capitol to obstruct a legitimate process of government.
    It really doenst matter what the house managers do. They could have Trump on tape talking about how he master minded the whole thing and how he wanted AOC and pelsoi and pence to be killed and was upset it didnt happen. And the GOP Senators would still vote to acquit. Nothing the Dems do or say will matter to anyone in The GOP or their followers.

It amazes me how the talking heads on the News Networks (not Fox of course) are talking like there is any chance that Trump gets convicted. I hear people talking about how this is going to hold Trump accountable, a trial where the outcome is a given is not holding anyone accountable. Now one will have their minds changed in any way by what is brought out. There is no middle ground, there are no fence sitters.

I am not upset at Dems for trying I am more upset with people who thinks this means anything. it means something to The Dems I guess to see him impeached twice but they were never going to vote for Trump fo the GOp anyway, It means something for the GOP and their cult as a rallying cry for corruption by the Dems going after poor Trump. But as far as bringing about change or there being consequences for Trumps actions it is meaningless in that it will change anything.

I would rather see this handled with a special prosecutor and criminal charges that may mean something.
    Last edited by babyblob; 02-09-2021 at 10:57 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Orthographically, GQP works well.

Grand Qanon Party which sounds internet troll as it is. Though it has the risk in that some are going to pun Grand Qanon into Grand Canyon, and come off as faux-cool and faux-clever.
    This would also allow graffiti artists to simply put a slash through the "O" in any GOP logos to make it GQP.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Say what you want about Bismarck, dude had an ethos.
    I’m a big fan of his donuts.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

I’m looking for the part where this is supposed to be a threat.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Part of the reason the pandemic hit us so hard here is b/c our infrastructure—from travel to schools to healthcare to hospitality & dining—was outdated & unable to withstand this kind of pandemic. We don’t overcome this by clinging to old infrastructure & pre-pandemic lifestyle

If we’re investing in biz it should all go toward pandemic/public health-influenced innovations. Beyond that, overwhelming amount of $ should go toward developing a stronger social safety net b/c the lack of THAT, more than anything, is what has brought the economy to the brink.