Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Are the dems rally going to call pence or was that a CNN talking point? He is one person I would love to hear from.
    The current talk is that the Democrats, the House Mangers, are going to get a written Deposition from Rep Butler, enter it into the record, and that's it. They don't want to drag this, but they felt that her statement needed to be made a part of the official record.

Of course, that is not yet written in stone.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I am guilty of that more then I care to be. like I said a few posts above I am just very upset with everything going on right now. it is hard to process.
    That is understandable, but it's good you also seek information about it. Many voters don't go beyond their anger without understanding who they should really be angry at.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Intermediary

I would hope they won't call anyone who they know wont show up and waste time

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    They won't, now looks like just affirmed statement read into records so defense can't say it's hearsay.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    Exactly, that is Bruce Castor's job.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Astonishing Member

So just agreeing to officially enter the statement and move on.

Trump will still be acquitted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    They won't, now looks like just affirmed statement read into records so defense can't say it's hearsay.
    Ugh, they won the vote to get witnesses and now just read a statement?

That is disappointing.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post

That is disappointing.
    A lot more going on. But it is proof the phone call is true and not hearsay.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post

That is disappointing.
    Because they know it doesnt matter. There is no witness they can get that will make these GOP senators vote to convict. It will not happen.

This way Raskin can at least be able to quote the statement in his closing which he just did. He can officially give any GOP senator voting with Dems the justification. So it will probably be only 5-6 GOP but they have the statement on the record as cover.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Twitter Video Clip

I don't even think he produced Philadelphia correctly. WPP, what do you think?
    No, he most definitely did NOT pronounce my city correctly. Jesus, what a clown show.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    A lot more going on. But it is proof the phone call is true and not hearsay.
    I dont see how this is proof the phone call is true. It is proof that Rep Butler going on record and saying that she had a talk with McCarthy about the phone call. But until McCarthy says that the phone call happened the GOP and Trumpers can still paint her put as a liar and say it is her word against his.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I dont see how this is proof the phone call is true. It is proof that Rep Butler going on record and saying that she had a talk with McCarthy about the phone call. But until McCarthy says that the phone call happened the GOP and Trumpers can still paint her put as a liar and say it is her word against his.
    At least Beutler is a Republican.

Hillary was right!

Astonishing Member

Trumps lawyers were given the opportunity to dispute it. They didn't dispute it they agreed to have it entered

Regular supporters still dispute the election results. No one cares if they don't believe it. And she has said she was not the only one that knows about the call. It wasn't a one on one. McCarthy will just take the acquittal and move on I doubt he will protract things and have more infighting.

McCarthy has not disputed it. And TeamTrump will have to say Butler is lying. If they do, she will be brought in as a witness, something they do not want.

You know what galls me? Not that Trump will be acquitted- Matt Murdock could see that one coming. No, what galls me is Trump's idiot defense lawyers will be able to crow that they got Trump acquitted. That right there is a travesty of justice.