Astonishing Member

Seeing this on my TV right now:

Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 02-13-2021 at 02:26 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    He out it on the house. They voted to impeach when Trump was in office but did not deliver the article until after he was no longer in office.
    And throwing it to the criminal justice system to come get him. So he doesn't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    And throwing it to the criminal justice system to come get him. So he doesn't have to.
    Yea but then he added. Trump has not gotten away with anything... Yet. Yet.

He said Yet two times.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Yea but then he added. Trump has not gotten away with anything... Yet. Yet.

He said Yet two times.
    In his personal capacity he wants trump gone. He would love trump to go down and get out of his hair without him having to do it

**** me1! Mitch just admitted Trump did not do his job on the 6th! And that he was watching his scheme to over throw the lection unfold

WTF is wrong with this guy!
    Here's the thing about Mitch: he doesn't care what history has to say, about him. Why should he? He's old and will probably kick in a few years anyway. All he cares about is what power he can amass RIGHT NOW, and how many conservative judges he can appoint to shape the future of the country to his liking before he goes to the devil.

In his personal capacity he wants trump gone. He would love trump to go down and get out of his hair without him having to do it
    Translation - I hate the guy, I hate what he stands for, but I am too much of a coward to do anything about it.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Mitch McConnell is so vomitous. He wants to have his cake and eat it too. Make speeches practically agreeing with the Democrats. But vote not guilty on technicalities.
    A technicality that doesn't apply because the Senate voted earlier this week that the impeachment was constitutional.
    Mitch created the constitutional dilemma by deciding not to call the Senate back from recess to vote on impeachment while Trump was still President, then after everyone is back and decides it's constitutional he pointedly ignores that ruling anyway.

He just set a precedent for Senators to ignore Senate rulings on constitutionality and for sitting Presidents to be conditionally immune from impeachment for committing high crimes and misdemeanors during their time in office to avoid setting a precedent for the impeachment of private citizens which would probably never happen anyway.

There is no bottom with this fucking guy.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 02-13-2021 at 03:16 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    A technicality that doesn't apply because the Senate voted earlier this week that the impeachment was constitutional.
    Mitch created the constitutional dilemma by deciding not to call the Senate back from recess to vote on impeachment while Trump was still President, then after everyone is back and decides it's constitutional he ignores that ruling anyway.
    The GOP is very much all about the rule of law. Unless it is inconvenient to them. The of course it is okay to ignore it.

I think its funny that Mitch bitches about how Trump led to this with the big lie yet he did nothing to speak out against the big lie for months.

Astonishing Member

Nancy is dragging the cowards in this. Now she is dragging Mitch for his bs lies. They answered the question over and over about witnesses.

Could have had 5000 witnesses it wouldn't have mattered.

She's mad. She keeps walking away but comes back to drag some more
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 02-13-2021 at 03:15 PM.

Astonishing Member

*deleted post*
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Another disgraceful day in American history. impeachment has been exposed as a farce and not a real deterrent. I fully expect the actions of future presidents to reflect this newfound confirmation that they are indeed above the law.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The open question is, as the GOP nominates more and more far right Trump apologists to office, will the voters continue to elect them?
    I don't think we will see the effect during the mid terms but there is a chance that some states will go purple in this decade. Things could be very interesting in 2024. Since Trump isn't immortal there's a small chance he might not be around especially now that we know he was a lot worse than was revealed during his bout with Covid. There could be some lingering effects with someone of his age.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

The GOP is very much all about the rule of law. Unless it is inconvenient to them. The of course it is okay to ignore it.

I think its funny that Mitch bitches about how Trump led to this with the big lie yet he did nothing to speak out against the big lie for months.
    QFT....why didn't he do it sooner instead of waiting until this impeachment was over? He knew that if he let his GOP colleagues know his vote in advance that they would most likely follow his lead. Typical CYA strategy.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Trump was guilty as hell of this. That mob was ready for GOP blood and wanted to hang Pence but those Republicans are so spineless.

If the roles were reversed and a Democrat President told a mob to attack the capitol, stalled the charges until after the election, and then said, "Well, let's forget about it," Republicans would be screaming traitors and wanting charges pressed.

So much for "Party that supports the Police." That officer and his family won't get justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    QFT....why didn't he do it sooner instead of waiting until this impeachment was over? He knew that if he let his GOP colleagues know his vote in advance that they would most likely follow his lead. Typical CYA strategy.
    What does QFT and CYA mean?