Astonishing Member

Congresswoman Stacey Plaskett is a breakout star fire the Democratic party here. I want to see her in more of leadership role for democrats after this. She could easily be an amazing Senate candidate if Virgin Islands were a state

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    What does QFT and CYA mean?
    Quoted for truth

Cover your ass

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Quoted for truth

Cover your ass
    Thank you. I dont know the lingo of you hip kids.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Having to hear my conservative neighbor celebrate and say it was all "bullshit" and the democrats were only trying to stop Trump from running again in 2024 is mind numbing. i didn't bother throwing actual facts at him because people like that are immune to logic and facts. I just told him that OJ was acquitted too and left it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Trump was guilty as hell of this. That mob was ready for GOP blood and wanted to hang Pence but those Republicans are so spineless.

If the roles were reversed and a Democrat President told a mob to attack the capitol, stalled the charges until after the election, and then said, "Well, let's forget about it," Republicans would be screaming traitors and wanting charges pressed.

So much for "Party that supports the Police." That officer and his family won't get justice.
    I'm certain Trump will be hearing from their lawyers very soon if he hasn't already.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Having to hear my conservative neighbor celebrate and say it was all "bullshit" and the democrats were only trying to stop Trump from running again in 2024 is mind numbing. i didn't bother throwing actual facts at him because people like that are immune to logic and facts. I just told him that OJ was acquitted too and left it at that.
    My aunt is not here today so I was spared from her thoughts. And I thought I would be spared. But my land lord came over to do a few repairs and I heard an earful from him.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Thank you. I dont know the lingo of you hip kids.
    I'll have you know I am old enough to remember when the GOP actually had some principled senators like Howard Baker and Sen. Goldwater, who went to Nixon's office and told him he should resign. But thanks for thinking I was hip.

Astonishing Member

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

I really hope Biden starts to drop the whole "unity" act in the coming weeks, it's never been more clear now that the Republicans aren't another party to compromise with, they are the enemy.

BANNED

The House Impeachment Managers did all they could have. They (Raskin, Neguse especially) should hold their heads high (and Raskin should be someone people look to succeed Pelosi as Speaker down the line). The Senate Trial and its organization is down to Schumer and the way the trial in the Senate was organized and arranged will be a question for historians to ponder in terms of "more could be done" of if they called witnesses.

Because on one hand if Kevin McCarthy went off on Trump on the 6th and then voted to contest the election after that, and voted against impeachment after that, and then went to Mar a Lago to pledge fealty after that...you clearly have a party that is not gonna do anything against Trump. On the other hand, if the objective wasn't to get a conviction but to make a spectacle and tar the GOP with this stain, then the trial we got was too short to have done that. On the third hand (just picture me as Jumbo Carnation), the situation in America is so dire (vaccination rollout, economy) that this probably wasn't the best time to play for spectacle and litigate the election that the Dems already won. On the fourth hand, Pelosi could have sat on the Impeachment articles and delayed sending it over for a 100 days or so...but then that would strengthen the bogus case of not trying someone after office as opposed to trying Trump less than a month after Inauguration Day.

So it's a real mix and it's hard to tell if the Dems could have done more to have dragged out this trial.

Still I am glad Trump got impeached, and got this trial. It would have been far worse if there had been no Impeachment.

This was the most bipartisan impeachment in history. 10 House Republicans and 7 GOP Senators voted to convict a POTUS of their own party.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    I really hope Biden starts to drop the whole "unity" act in the coming weeks, it's never been more clear now that the Republicans aren't another party to compromise with, they are the enemy.
    Biden will still govern with unity in mind, but unity with the American people, not a GOP Congress. For instance 73% of Americans, including a majority of Republicans back the current Dem. COVID Relief bill. That is unity.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Congresswoman Stacey Plaskett is a breakout star fire the Democratic party here. I want to see her in more of leadership role for democrats after this. She could easily be an amazing Senate candidate if Virgin Islands were a state
    Her and Neguse were the MVPs

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Republicans in Congress.

Lothe as I am to admit it, conservatives in the population often have good ideas. Not in my state, but in general...

Astonishing Member

Trump’s statement on his second acquittal

“I want to first thank my team of dedicated lawyers and others for their tireless work upholding justice and defending truth.

My deepest thanks as well to all of the United States Senators and Members of Congress who stood proudly for the Constitution we all revere and for the sacred legal principles at the heart of our country.

Our cherished Constitutional Republic was founded on the impartial rule of law, the indispensable safeguard for our liberties, our rights and our freedoms.

“It is a sad commentary on our times that one political party in America is given a free pass to denigrate the rule of law, defame law enforcement, cheer mobs, excuse rioters, and transform justice into a tool of political vengeance, and persecute, blacklist, cancel and suppress all people and viewpoints with whom or which they disagree. I always have, and always will, be a champion for the unwavering rule of law, the heroes of law enforcement, and the right of Americans to peacefully and honorably debate the issues of the day without malice and without hate.

“This has been yet another phase of the greatest witch hunt in the history of our Country. No president has ever gone through anything like it, and it continues because our opponents cannot forget the almost 75 million people, the highest number ever for a sitting president, who voted for us just a few short months ago.

“I also want to convey my gratitude to the millions of decent, hardworking, law-abiding, God-and-Country loving citizens who have bravely supported these important principles in these very difficult and challenging times.

Our historic, patriotic and beautiful movement to Make America Great Again has only just begun. In the months ahead I have much to share with you, and I look forward to continuing our incredible journey together to achieve American greatness for all of our people. There has never been anything like it!

We have so much work ahead of us, and soon we will emerge with a vision for a bright, radiant, and limitless American future.

Together there is nothing we cannot accomplish.

We remain one People, one family, and one glorious nation under God, and it’s our responsibility to preserve this magnificent inheritance for our children and for generations of Americans to come.

May God bless all of you, and may God forever bless the United States of America.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 02-13-2021 at 05:15 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.