Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    NBC nightly news showed a clip of Graham saying the Trump Movement is alive and well. What does it take for these people to move on from this monster?

Let me ask this. Has there ever been a political figure in American history who has had this kind of cult like following and blind devotion? I mean what is it about Trump? Are they really that hungry for power? Is it that simple? or is there more to it?
    Washington would be the closest. It's believed that he merely would have needed to extend his hand in order to gain a crown, but he refused.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Very true. He will still get media coverage. Even more now. The question is will FOX suck up to him to get him back or will he go OAN or Newsmax.
    Trump has been in and out of love (mostly out) with Faux News for months now, and with Faux dealing with billion dollar lawsuits that sent Lou Dobbs to the glue factory, I doubt they're going to indulge the Donald and risk further legal trouble.

NBC nightly news showed a clip of Graham saying the Trump Movement is alive and well. What does it take for these people to move on from this monster?

Let me ask this. Has there ever been a political figure in American history who has had this kind of cult like following and blind devotion? I mean what is it about Trump? Are they really that hungry for power? Is it that simple? or is there more to it?
    Yeah, white supremacy. Between that, hard right leaning lunatics, QAnon whackjobs and nutbag holy rollers, Trump's support system in a toxic brew of batshittery who's demented loyalty to the Orange Menace is nothing short of frightening, and we all saw a prime example of that madness back on 1/6. And Qpublicans are desperate for that support to regain power.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 02-14-2021 at 06:48 PM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I hear people talking about how there have to be consequences for Trump, but here is what Trump thinks of consequences:

Watching television is not an activity.

Thing is Trump thinks that way because there have been no consequences for his actions. He brags on video about grabbing women, he has been accused of sexual assault, he insults disabled people and veterans, he talk on and on about a stolen election, he orders his cult members to storm the Capital where there is a good chance law makers would have been killed had things gone the other way. Yet nothing has happened to him. i know everyone is talking about the New York case and Georgia investigation but I will be very I mean very shocked if anything comes of that. And as Saturday proved he can do whatever he wants whenever he wants and he can get away with it. Trump has not been held accountable, he has not faced consequences. yea his ego took a hit with losing the election and being impeached but who gives a **** about his ego?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    You don't have to be talented to throw a wrench in the works, you just have to be utterly amoral, indifferent, and faithless.
    I'd say there's a difference between throwing a wrench in the works by voting against anything but tax cuts or military spending even when something is clearly necessary (say Covid relief) like some less talented politicians might do to throw red meat to their base and actively seeking to undermine the institutions of government and being successful at it like McConnell has. To deny he has talent because you don't like the man (I don't either, for what it's worth) is to give him more power. The same way underestimating Trump's ability to appeal to the sucker in the room got us to where we are today.

As to the last bit, I'd agree he's amoral (hard to be moral and reach a position of power in politics) but he's clearly not indifferent and is very faithful to the idea of conservative government (meaning less of it and less powerful, again outside of military spending).

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Thing is Trump thinks that way because there have been no consequences for his actions. He brags on video about grabbing women, he has been accused of sexual assault, he insults disabled people and veterans, he talk on and on about a stolen election, he orders his cult members to storm the Capital where there is a good chance law makers would have been killed had things gone the other way. Yet nothing has happened to him. i know everyone is talking about the New York case and Georgia investigation but I will be very I mean very shocked if anything comes of that. And as Saturday proved he can do whatever he wants whenever he wants and he can get away with it. Trump has not been held accountable, he has not faced consequences. yea his ego took a hit with losing the election and being impeached but who gives a **** about his ego?
    Trump gives a **** about his ego, and that's what's eating him alive, even if he won't publicly acknowledge it. He had some 12 million more people vote for him in 2020 than in 2016 and it wasn't enough to get him reelected. He pulled every trick in the book to influence the election in his favor and nothing worked, followed by dozens of lawsuits to overturn the results, all of which failed. He lost his primary means of connecting with his psychopathic rabble after being permabanned by Twitter and Facebook, and you can bet your last dollar that's driving him crazy. Add all that up and it spells L-O-S-E-R. The ONLY reason Trump escaped the consequences for his heinous actions on 1/6 was due to the cowardice of the GQP which feared repercussions from his lunatic base if they voted to acquit. Trump, while free, is by no means safe, he still faces federal trials which won't be tainted by partisans stacking the deck in his favor. I have no doubt Trump WILL face justice, and it won't be kind to him.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 02-14-2021 at 08:34 PM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So now Lindsey Graham has claimed that Republicans once they get control of The House and Senate plan to Impeach Kamala Harris.

https://nypost.com/2021/02/14/sen-gr...HGq3JdRv1hyjiQ

Its time that Democrats assemble quick and nip his proposed revenge scheme as he plans in the ass.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So now Lindsey Graham has claimed that Republicans once they get control of The House and Senate plan to Impeach Kamala Harris.

https://nypost.com/2021/02/14/sen-gr...HGq3JdRv1hyjiQ

Its time that Democrats assemble quick and nip his proposed revenge scheme as he plans in the ass.
    Why not Biden? Is it because Harris is a successful woman of color and they can't accept that?

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Why not Biden? Is it because Harris is a successful woman of color and they can't accept that?
    Do they need any other reason?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Trump impeachment lawyer Michael van der Veen's home vandalized

Vandals targeted the home of one of former President Donald Trump's impeachment lawyers, spray-painting the word "TRAITOR" in red on his driveway in suburban Philadelphia, police said.

The vandalism occurred around 8 p.m. on Friday at attorney Michael van der Veen's residence in West Whiteland Township, Pennsylvania, about 30 miles southwest of Philadelphia, according to police.

No arrests have been made, Detective Scott Pezick of the West Whiteland Township Police Department told ABC News on Sunday afternoon. Pezick said private security has since been hired by the homeowner to protect the residence, and police presence has been beefed up in van der Veen's neighborhood.

I love the police presence has been stepped up in the neighborhood.

so a rich white guy get a word spray painted on his drive way and feels scare so they call out an increased presence. Yet we have shootings, and beating and breakins in the poor neighborhoods and they dont give it a second thought.

That is America.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Washington would be the closest. It's believed that he merely would have needed to extend his hand in order to gain a crown, but he refused.
    Nah.

General MacArthur. When he gave his speech to Congress after Truman fired his ass there were fears among reporters and Congressmen present that if he had said, "C'mon, let's march down to the White house and take it," a mob would have formed and followed him and unlike Trump MacArthur WOULD have been at the head of the mob leading them on.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    While the reason was kinda thin at best?

It was right there in the article.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While the reason was kinda thin at best?

It was right there in the article.
    And that 'reason' is bull and you know it so I'm not sure why you're suggesting that it's more that than what they're stating it is, since it all goes back to BLM 'rioters'.

Jaws drop as Lara Trump gets anointed as the future of the GOP by Lindsey Graham

Can't we just put Lindsey Graham on mute? Trump sends a mob to kill him, along with everyone else in Congress, and he's touting Lara Trump as if nothing even happened.