Page 17 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127671175171017 ... LastLast

Why are Russian coronavirus doctors mysteriously falling out of windows?

Three Russian doctors working to treat coronavirus patients have mysteriously fallen out of windows in recent weeks, underscoring the country’s struggling health care system — and leading to suspicions of foul play.

On April 24, Natalya Lebedeva, the chief of emergency medical services at a training base for Russian astronauts, fell out of a window at the hospital where she was being treated for a Covid-19 infection and died.

Yelena Nepomnyashchaya, the top doctor at a hospital in Siberia, fell out of a window during a conference call at her hospital and died on May 1 after a week in intensive care.

The next day, ambulance doctor Alexander Shulepov fell from a second-floor window at the hospital where he worked and had been receiving treatment for coronavirus. He remains in serious condition with a fractured skull.

Russian authorities are investigating all three incidents, and there is no official indication yet of what happened to the physicians. The circumstances around their falls, though, are more than a little suspicious.

For example, Nepomnyashchaya was on a conference call with a top Russian health official about plans for turning one of the buildings at her medical facility into a coronavirus treatment ward. She disagreed with the idea, and fell out of the window during the call, according to local media.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Oh look, terrorists.

NEW: Police say threat of "civil war" sent to public health officials in Denver's suburbs. ""We the people" are DONE with this f---ing bulls--t, and you're about to start a hot-shooting no bulls--t civil war. END. THE LOCKDOWN. NOW. Or face severe consequences.” #9NEWS
    Greenwood Village Police say the threat was emailed to a receptionist at the Tri-County Health Department, which covers Adams, Arapahoe, and Douglas Counties. Police have increased patrols around the public health agency.

Meanwhile, Trump had a conference in the Oval Office. It was a disaster. Here are a few points from it.

JOHN ROBERTS: Will the nation just have to accept the idea that by reopening there will be more death?

TRUMP: "We have to be warriors. We can't keep our country closed down for years ... hopefully that won't be the case, John, but it could very well be the case."
    "This virus is going to disappear," says Trump, who adds that "this is worst attack we've ever had. This is worse than Pearl Harbor ... and it should've never happened."
    REPORTER: What kind of message does it send if you're surrounded by nurses who are not social distancing and not wearing masks?

TRUMP: "Well I can't help that. I mean look, I'm trying to be nice, I'm signing a bill, and you criticize us."
    Trump rebukes a nurse who says "PPE has been sporadic, but it's been manageable."

"Sporadic for you, but not sporadic for a lot of other people," Trump replies. "That was fine, but I have heard we have a tremendous supply to almost all places."

BANNED

https://au.news.yahoo.com/nearly-1-5...5692--spt.html

1 in 5 children going hungry in the US.

The greatest country in the world, folks. Thank God there’s plenty of AR15s though.

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Jesus.

The Russians have somehow managed to make defenestrations contagious.
    But only for those who might embarrass them by pointing out how things are bollocksed.

How nice for Vlad.

Quote Originally Posted by Vox
    In 2017, Russian lawyer Nikolai Gorokhov was due to testify in a Moscow court against the government. But the day before he could do so, he fell from his fourth-floor apartment. The first news outlet to arrive at the scene? LifeNews, an outlet closely associated with Russia’s security services.

In a 2017 interview with NBC News, Gorokhov — who’d fractured his skull but ultimately survived the fall — said what happened to him was likely foul play.
    “This was no accident,” he said. “Someone planned this, but unfortunately I do not remember the details.
    Smart man.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    "Two evil options is still voting for evil." There are degrees of evil. That's why the phrase is "the lesser of two evils." That's why we don't sentence thieves as harshly as we sentence murderers. I mean, one response to my post referred to voting for Biden "...just to get rid of Trump," as if getting rid of Trump is some small trivial thing. When I was younger, I would tell people that if just enough of us voted for a third candidate, that candidate could win. Now I realize how unrealistic that notion is. One of two things will happen in November. Either Trump will be re-elected or Biden will be elected. That's it. And it's not like the difference between a knife to the chest or a shot to the head. It's more like the difference between a bullet in the head or a bullet in the arm. The first will likely kill you instantly. The second will be painful, but you will survive.
    In 2016 if you had put a gun to my child's head and told me I have to vote for Clinton or Trump and I can't go third party I would have said Trump as I figured congress would keep in line whereas I feared everything that utter sociopath Hilary Clinton would do. I despise Hilary Clinton that much. Its got nothing to do with policies and definitely nothing to do with liking Trump but rather that I view Hilary Clinton as the antichrist and I'm an atheist.

My vote for Johnson in 2016 was in large part that I felt with two such awful candidates that Johnson might actually be able to get 5% of the national vote. When a candidate hits 5% it opens up funding and other opportunities in future elections for the party. It was never about him winning as 5% was unlikely and obviously didn't happen. Nothing so far indicates that any 3rd part will even come close to what Johnson did in 2016 so not much point in 3rd party this election.

So if I bother to vote in November I'll vote Biden. I might not vote as the real elections in my state are the primaries in May and I've already voted by mail in ballot. Come November it will be whoever won in May vs no opponent as the other party usually doesn't even run anyone or some token cannon fodder who might get 35% of the vote.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    In 2016 if you had put a gun to my child's head and told me I have to vote for Clinton or Trump and I can't go third party I would have said Trump as I figured congress would keep in line whereas I feared everything that utter sociopath Hilary Clinton would do. I despise Hilary Clinton that much. Its got nothing to do with policies and definitely nothing to do with liking Trump but rather that I view Hilary Clinton as the antichrist and I'm an atheist.

My vote for Johnson in 2016 was in large part that I felt with two such awful candidates that Johnson might actually be able to get 5% of the national vote. When a candidate hits 5% it opens up funding and other opportunities in future elections for the party. It was never about him winning as 5% was unlikely and obviously didn't happen. Nothing so far indicates that any 3rd part will even come close to what Johnson did in 2016 so not much point in 3rd party this election.

So if I bother to vote in November I'll vote Biden. I might not vote as the real elections in my state are the primaries in May and I've already voted by mail in ballot. Come November it will be whoever won in May vs no opponent as the other party usually doesn't even run anyone or some token cannon fodder who might get 35% of the vote.
    I took the opposite track - I was sure that Republicans were going to hold at least one chamber in Congress and they weren't going to let Clinton do very much, whereas with Trump he would have a party known for falling in line behind the leader. I don't think a hobbled Clinton could have done as much damage as an enabled Trump already has.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post

What is it about Democrats that you distrust the party more than Trump? Why would you vote for someone that you know has to be held to account to the party itself to not let he country go off the rails?

Why are you apathetic about voting out Trump? Biden is your one chance to get rid of him. The more votes he has the bigger the chances are he can be president.

Ah, professionalism in politics.

More children hospitalized in New York City with rare condition that may be linked to COVID-19

Officials said on Wednesday that the number of children who have been hospitalized in New York City with symptoms consistent with a rare disease possibly linked to the coronavirus has nearly quadrupled to 64. Health officials said the illness has features of Kawasaki disease, a serious illness previously noted in children with COVID-19 in the United Kingdom.

"A pediatric multi-system inflammatory syndrome, recently reported by authorities in the United Kingdom, is also being observed among children and young adults in New York City and elsewhere in the United States," said Dr. Demetre Daskalakis, deputy commissioner of the New York City Health Department's Division of Disease Control, in a public letter to colleagues this week.

According to Daskalakis, symptoms vary among the children depending on which organ system is affected, but "include features of Kawasaki disease or features of shock." All of the children experienced a persistent fever, more than half reported rash, abdominal pain, vomiting or diarrhea, and less than half experienced respiratory symptoms. He added, however, that "the full spectrum of disease is not yet known."

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Ah, professionalism in politics.

Axl needs to be Biden's VP, like yesterday.

I am only mostly kidding about that.

Was it worth it? Really, was worth it?!

Oklahoma City police have confirmed that two 16-year-old McDonald’s employees were shot after two customers became upset when they were told the restaurant’s dining room was closed.

Police said they believe they have the suspects – two females – in custody. They are comparing the two people in custody to descriptions they received.

The shooting happened inside the McDonald’s at SW 89th and Pennsylvania Avenue.

One employee was shot in the left arm, and the other was shot in the right shoulder. Both employees are male. Their injuries are not life-threatening, according to police.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    The need to own guns in this country is just as bad a disease as COVID-19.

Top Republican fundraiser and Trump ally named postmaster general, giving president new influence over Postal Service

Oh boy

A top donor to President Trump and the Republican National Committee will be named the new head of the Postal Service, putting a top ally of the president in charge of an agency where Trump has long pressed for major changes in how it handles its business.

The Postal Service’s board of governors confirmed late Wednesday that Louis DeJoy, a North Carolina businessman who is currently in charge of fundraising for the Republican National Convention in Charlotte, will serve as the new postmaster general.

The action will install a stalwart Trump ally to lead the Postal Service, which he has railed against for years, and probably move him closer than ever before to forcing the service to renegotiate its terms with companies and its own union workforce. Trump’s Treasury Department and the Postal Service are in the midst of a negotiation over a $10 billion line of credit approved as part of coronavirus legislation in March.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

One wonders if this it the work of the same operatives that caused that rash of mysterious sonic attacks that causes brain injuries It's been a couple of years now and it still hasn't been solved.