Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Only UK politics (probably because they speak english too) finds a little resonance in these threads.
    I find it sad because I take time to be curious about your news, your politics, I make efforts to read your articles, and offer my point of view on what heppens in your country, yet you don't seem interested at all in what happens in my world.
    That's far from being the first time I notice this.
    I suspect it’s almost inevitable that large majority of focus is on US politics. And my own experience of equivalent UK sites is that a very similar bias operates there...practically all the discussions are on UK domestic issues (though obviously EU/ UK relationship features heavily in UK discussions.)

But what does surprise is the super heavy focus on just Republican/ Democratic personality/ party politics.

Yes..can easily see that is always go to be main pre-occupation...but surprised trade union politics, history of civil rights movement, environmental issues, potential tax system changes don’t feature a bit more. (They all get a mention from time to time but pretty infrequently.)

Not a big issue for me..I find this thread fascinating. If you used your knowledge of French scene to add a bit of “compare and contrast” info, think everyone would gain. (I’d certainly be interested in how your government deals with health care issues, pandemic, etc, etc.)

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    https://twitter.com/TBishUp/status/1366778043365163010

But the GOP doesn't suppress voter's rights.
    Good to know Qpublicans are on the record about why they're out to suppress the vote. The GQP have no ideas, no policies to hang their hats on, so they resort to outright theft instead.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    I suspect it’s almost inevitable that large majority of focus is on US politics. And my own experience of equivalent UK sites is that a very similar bias operates there...practically all the discussions are on UK domestic issues (though obviously EU/ UK relationship features heavily in UK discussions.)

But what does surprise is the super heavy focus on just Republican/ Democratic personality/ party politics.

Yes..can easily see that is always go to be main pre-occupation...but surprised trade union politics, history of civil rights movement, environmental issues, potential tax system changes don’t feature a bit more. (They all get a mention from time to time but pretty infrequently.)

Not a big issue for me..I find this thread fascinating. If you used your knowledge of French scene to add a bit of “compare and contrast” info, think everyone would gain. (I’d certainly be interested in how your government deals with health care issues, pandemic, etc, etc.)
    Would be more than happy to do that if only there was just a little curiosity, but as I said, it's been years that I'm on this thread and everytime I have posted here about french affairs, trying to draw parallels, no one replied, there's no interest. And that saddens me a lot, because I do take the time to understand their issues, trying to be helpful but there's no reciprocity.
    It happened numerous times, maybe yesterday was the last time for me. And it tells a lot that the only one who comments on my post is you, the UK one.
    And you see, you are interested just like me in american politics, you're doing your best to add your point of view.
    Honestly, it makes me rethink my involvement on this thread.

Well, because the policies of the Texas state government haven't killed enough people yet, here's the latest from Gov. Abbott:

Gov. Greg Abbott to lift Texas mask mandate and open state '100 percent'

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Donnie Junior is even more of an idiot than his daddy. I doubt even the most fervent Trumpanzee or Qpublican would take Junior seriously as a presidential candidate.
    If you feel that away about Donald Dumb II, what about . . . Eric Trump?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Well, because the policies of the Texas state government haven't killed enough people yet, here's the latest from Gov. Abbott:

Yep its gonna get nasty here. Abbott thinks he's invincible.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

Eric is the Jeb Bush of the Trump clan.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Would be more than happy to do that if only there was just a little curiosity, but as I said, it's been years that I'm on this thread and everytime I have posted here about french affairs, trying to draw parallels, no one replied, there's no interest. And that saddens me a lot, because I do take the time to understand their issues, trying to be helpful but there's no reciprocity.
    It happened numerous times, maybe yesterday was the last time for me. And it tells a lot that the only one who comments on my post is you, the UK one.
    And you see, you are interested just like me in american politics, you're doing your best to add your point of view.
    Honestly, it makes me rethink my involvement on this thread.
    I think it’s often good to take a break from threads, sites, activities in general from time to time...well I know it is for me.

But hope you re-appear in due course.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Eric is the Jeb Bush of the Trump clan.
    Got to politely disagree.

"Pound For Pound..."?

His wife is far less of a pillow case full of political dead weight than Kimberly Guilfoyle.

Speaking of which...

https://abc7news.com/kimberly-guilfo...wsom/10378158/

Kimberly Guilfoyle could make a comeback to California to run for public office

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

We Love Fredo!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    I think it’s often good to take a break from threads, sites, activities in general from time to time...well I know it is for me.

But hope you re-appear in due course.
    Thank you for your kind message, yet sad you're the only one who answered to me. So much for the supposed camp of good, who now looks to me like a bunch of self-centered people.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

The voter suppression in TX basically gives him carte blanche to kill people without any consequences.

Thank you for your kind message, yet sad you're the only one who answered to me. So much for the supposed camp of good, who now looks to me like a bunch of self-centered people.
    I'm self-centered because I haven't been online to reply in a matter you find timely, it seems.

Well, I'll answer your earlier inquiry.

When you talk about French politics? I read what you post. I myself don't comment, though, because I'm not going to pretend to be an expert in discussing something that I'm not privy to. I would be talking out of my *** completely were I to try to explain the domestic policies of Emmanuel Macron. I have an interest, but I can't delve into every aspect of every country's politics. Most of the discussion on here is of American politics because its posters are American. That doesn't mean we're not aware France still exists, and when there are stories in the news. We discuss the American political stories most because, presumably, those are the stories that affect us specifically and directly the most.

But if you don't feel this forum is Francophilic enough to focus your country's politics (and, I admire that historically, when the state messes with the French, they get more than they bargained for from its wonderful people in protest), you're setting yourself up to be disappointed. Because I do feel the last thing you would want is a bunch of clueless yanks discussing a political scene we aren't impacted by.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Yep its gonna get nasty here. Abbott thinks he's invincible.
    He thinks he can delay a reckoning from demographic shifts with some help from voter suppression tactics at least until he can launch his presidential aspirations. Right now, the darling of the right is an equally dumb and pedantic Trump-like figure in DeSantis.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.