Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    It's not just the midterms in 2022. Cuomo himself will be up for re-election if he doesn't resign or get impeached. So whoever the Republicans nominate will have quite a bit to put in some negative campaign ads.
    And they could pardon Trump on state crimes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    And they could pardon Trump on state crimes.
    Cuomo's had a history of cutting deals with Republicans to stave off challenges from his left, so there's the possibility of Cuomo promising a pardon for Trump in exchange for Republicans for letting him be governor.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Cuomo's had a history of cutting deals with Republicans to stave off challenges from his left, so there's the possibility of Cuomo promising a pardon for Trump in exchange for Republicans for letting him be governor.
    I doubt that. Also, Democrats in NYC Government have a bad history of their own. Many act in ways that would make Republicans blush.

I still think that even Cuomo deserves a fair investigation. Twitter is divided, some saying that Cuomo shouldn't be pushed out like Al Franken was, at least not until the investigation concludes.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"The only man more hated than Trump in NY right now is the gov."

Is a quote from local NY news stations.

Not happening, IMHO.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

My kid received the 1400 stimulus today. They did say some people were getting it this weekend.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    "The only man more hated than Trump in NY right now is the gov."

Is a quote from local NY news stations.

Not happening, IMHO.
    Yikes. That takes some doin'.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    My kid received the 1400 stimulus today. They did say some people were getting it this weekend.
    Ours is pending for St. Patrick's Day.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Arizona Republican lawmakers join GOP efforts to target voting, with nearly two dozen restrictive voting measures

(CNN)Months after former President Donald Trump and his allies in Congress attempted to overturn Arizona's election results, Republicans in the state's legislature are trying to make it harder for some residents to vote, targeting different elements of the system with almost two dozen separate measures.

A handful of the bills -- including two that would impose new restrictions on Arizona's popular vote-by-mail system and one that would limit its narrow voting window -- have gained momentum and could pass.

They are part of a push by Republican-controlled legislatures in several states to advocate for strict new voting laws in response to Trump's false claims of widespread fraud in the 2020 election. There are more than 250 bills in circulation nationwide, according to the most recent tally by the Brennan Center, an unprecedented nationwide effort to roll back voter access. The list of states includes Georgia and Texas, two other states with increasingly diverse electorates where Democrats have made recent gains, and Iowa, where Republican Gov. Kim Reynolds signed a new law that makes it harder to vote early.
    Rep. John Kavanagh, a Fountain Hills Republican who chairs the Government and Elections Committee that advanced Ugenti-Rita's measure on a party-line vote Wednesday, said GOP lawmakers are concerned about what happens to ballots automatically sent to people who have moved or have died.
    He acknowledged that the concerns about those ballots being cast fraudulently are "anecdotal, because obviously if nobody's there and they throw it away, you wouldn't know. And if nobody's there and they vote it and do a good duplicate of the signature, you wouldn't know."
    "There's a fundamental difference between Democrats and Republicans," Kavanagh said. "Democrats value as many people as possible voting, and they're willing to risk fraud. Republicans are more concerned about fraud, so we don't mind putting security measures in that won't let everybody vote -- but everybody shouldn't be voting."

He pointed to Democrats' emphasis on registering voters and pursuing those who have not returned ballots -- tactics that Republicans have successfully implemented in other swing states -- and said doing so means that "you can greatly influence the outcome of the election if one side pays people to actively and aggressively go out and retrieve those ballots."

"Not everybody wants to vote, and if somebody is uninterested in voting, that probably means that they're totally uninformed on the issues," Kavanagh said. "Quantity is important, but we have to look at the quality of votes, as well."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Yikes. That takes some doin'.
    Not really. You fuck with more than one borough ... and the whole 5 Boroughs is coming for you. I think the lying about elderly deaths has done him in on the left and right.

Trump will get his #1 NY hate spot back when the guv leaves.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I was critical of the Sen. Dems not fighting hard enough for the minimum wage but still...the stimulus passage within the first 50 days of POTUS Biden's administration is a Big F--king Deal (to quote VP Biden).

This is all things considered a step in the right direction, and a great way to build public will.

(I do think it was a mistake for Biden to not put his name on the checks but anyway done's done).

So I've missed something. Did we get rid of Pepe Le Pew because he's a negative French stereotype or because he's a sex pest or both?

Not saying we shouldn't bin him, but watching him in the old cartoons actually taught me what a stalker and unwanted romantic behavior was before I was old enough to understand anything about interpersonal relationships and consent, etc. So there is potential in Le Pew as an educational tool.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

BANNED

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/12/polit...ion/index.html

Wow, Schumer calls on Cuomo to quit. I actually think that something will happen. Gillibrand has also joined him.

Schumer is not just the Senior Senator of NYS, he's the Sen. Maj. Leader. He outranks Cuomo like nobody else, has huge say and control of the purse-strings that comes the way of NYS.

More importantly Schumer (and Gillibrand) has strong centrist street cred so Cuomo's NYS' centrist backers could be tempted to drop him.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Ours is pending for St. Patrick's Day.
    Mine is pending to my bank account already as well.
    Dark does not mean deep.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/12/polit...ion/index.html

Wow, Schumer calls on Cuomo to quit. I actually think that something will happen. Gillibrand has also joined him.

Schumer is not just the Senior Senator of NYS, he's the Sen. Maj. Leader. He outranks Cuomo like nobody else, has huge say and control of the purse-strings that comes the way of NYS.

More importantly Schumer (and Gillibrand) has strong centrist street cred so Cuomo's NYS' centrist backers could be tempted to drop him.
    If nothing else, it's good that a couple of Dems found their morals now that something that any normal person would get cuffed and stuffed over has come out.

Better late than never, I guess.