Lol I had that issue! Whenever I think of the word I think of that issue. Marvel was supposed to send me a corrected issue, never did.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Just saw that Trump is now urging his supporters to get the COVID vaccine. Clearly the Deep State-operated nanobots in the vaccine he received are working.
    Im not really shocked by this. Operation Warp Speed and the vaccine are all he talks about when some one questions how he handled covid. So if he doesnt tell his supporters to get it or talk about how it is needed kind of makes that whole sound bite pointless.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

The truth is Obama had more to do with developing the vaccine than Trump. Obama provided start up money for Moderna to develop the mRNA vaccine technology. The Covid vaccine from Moderna and Pfiser were already made by January 2020, while Trump was still downplaying the virus, remember "1 case and soon zero9." He later did give out some money to manufacture more vaccine. But neither were part of Operation Warp Speed. That program was mainly about getting the vaccine to people. OWS did not start until May of 2020.
    And it was a failure. It basically dropped the vaccine off at the airports of major cities and let the States work everything out. The numbers of vaccinated under Trump are very poor. Of course doing no work after the election accept trying to steal it did not help. He was AWOL when the vaccine became available.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The truth is Obama had more to do with developing the vaccine than Trump. Obama provided start up money for Moderna to develop the mRNA vaccine technology. The Covid vaccine from Moderna and Pfiser were already made by January 2020, while Trump was still downplaying the virus, remember "1 case and soon zero9." He later did give out some money to manufacture more vaccine. But neither were part of Operation Warp Speed. That program was mainly about getting the vaccine to people. OWS did not start until May of 2020.
    And it was a failure. It basically dropped the vaccine off at the airports of major cities and let the States work everything out. The numbers of vaccinated under Trump are very poor. Of course doing no work after the election accept trying to steal it did not help. He was AWOL when the vaccine became available.
    Im not saying he had anything to do with it. But he yells to everyone who listens that he did. And his cult eats it up which is why I found it odd so many loved Trump but hated the vaccine.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Im not saying he had anything to do with it. But he yells to everyone who listens that he did. And his cult eats it up which is why I found it odd so many loved Trump but hated the vaccine.
    I can't help at this point but think of them as big babies/bullies like their idol. Not wanting to go near icky needles and the eggheads applying them if at all possible.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Sadly, I don't think him making a statement will change these idiots. Any more than his lukewarm endorsement of masks.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    It’s worth pointing out that a lot of the nostalgia Conservatives have for the ‘50s has to do with the rise of the civil rights movement in the’60s and the subsequent voting rights gained in the southern states. The switch from Democratic to Republican of the white southern voter base can be traced directly to the GOPs support of Confederate statues, Baptist evangelicals, and unabashed partisan gerrymandering in that region.
    But but but but it's the Democrats that are racist and holding black people down. I mean, look at what the Republicans were doing in 1860. Clearly, they are the party of equality.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    You do realize that wedge issue is just straight up bigotry, right? But I guess your cool with that if your a Republican and going so hard to defend someone over that.
    I've done plenty of reading on this question, and it does appear premature to conclude that every reasonable person can recognize that it is bigotry to question the push to fire someone for writing "Beep/ Bop/ Bip" on her twitter profile.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I did. Because in that first sentence you admitted you're capable of doing what you're demanding others do for you because you'd rather avoid showing empathy.

It was the relevant part. And I just did it again. Because I'm handling the relevant parts. You can do this. You're choosing not to. Do your own research. And show empathy towards trans people.

It must be hard as a Republican to try such a thing, but like you said, you can. So do it.

Full stop. BEEP BOOP.
    You cut out part of my response to you again. Do you think the rest was redundant, saying nothing new? Do you think it was pretext and therefore not worth acknowledging? Or is there something else going on?

For all your points on doing the work, there does not appear to be any fact on which we're in disagreement. It's more about the implications of facts. You need to realize that people may have the same facts and disagree on the conclusion. Or they may come to the conclusion based on a different understanding of the facts. This isn't a situation so simplistic that everyone who has done the research will be in complete agreement about every facet.

There is an irony in people claiming to be empathetic, while failing to appreciate that others may think differently.

It’s worth pointing out that a lot of the nostalgia Conservatives have for the ‘50s has to do with the rise of the civil rights movement in the’60s and the subsequent voting rights gained in the southern states. The switch from Democratic to Republican of the white southern voter base can be traced directly to the GOPs support of Confederate statues, Baptist evangelicals, and unabashed partisan gerrymandering in that region.
    The late 60s kicked off a period when Republicans won five out of six consecutive presidential elections, so political success is probably not the explanation for 50s nostalgia.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    But but but but it's the Democrats that are racist and holding black people down. I mean, look at what the Republicans were doing in 1860. Clearly, they are the party of equality.
    But LBJ was a Democrat and his support of the civil rights movement was it seemed to take for southerners to desert the party en masse. That's how racist the southern states were and that amount of racism infected and still influences the GOP

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The late 60s kicked off a period when Republicans won five out of six consecutive presidential elections, so political success is probably not the explanation for 50s nostalgia.
    I never said it was Mets. In fact, I stated it's connected to racism which you didn't deny. Seems like you're aware of this but don't seem to have a problem to the extent you'd refute it.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 03-17-2021 at 04:44 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

But LBJ was a Democrat and his support of the civil rights movement was it seemed to take for southerners to desert the party en masse. That's how racist the southern states were and that amount of racism infected and still influences the GOP

I never said it was Mets. In fact, I stated it's connected to racism which you didn't deny. Seems like you're aware of this but don't seem to have a problem to the extent you'd refute it.
    Would racists be nostalgic for the decade of Brown V. Board of Education?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Yeah, the Republican arguments just get me when they claim it's Democrats that are the racists because fighting for equality is somehow infantilizing and then, to argue that they ever did anything pro-equality, they have to go back to Abraham Lincoln.

Republicans in 1956.jpg

I guess you answered the question of what happened to the Republicans after 1956. They realized they were losing too much of the bigot vote.
    Power with Girl is better.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Yeah, the Republican arguments just get me when they claim it's Democrats that are the racists because fighting for equality is somehow infantilizing and then, to argue that they ever did anything pro-equality, they have to go back to Abraham Lincoln.

Republicans in 1956.jpg

I guess you answered the question of what happened to the Republicans after 1956. They realized they were losing too much of the bigot vote.
    Heaven knows they couldn't afford to let that happen. As for that 2014 platform, most, if not all those talking points hold true in 2021, just swap out Ebola for COVID.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

There is an irony in people claiming to be empathetic, while failing to appreciate that others may think differently.
    So you just classify bigotry as "thinking differently"? I won't even bother responding to anything else, it's all completely nonsense anyway.

The GOP has 75 anti-trans bills floating around across the country, but yeah, sure, it's just 'thinking differently'.

Republicans in 1956.jpg

Goldwater. The answer is Goldwater. That's when the change really starts. The same year, George Wallace was rejected in the Democratic primary.
    Dark does not mean deep.