Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Oh, yeah, like she was going to kick the door off it's hinges and destroy everything and everyone in that office. Give me a freaking break!
    She-Hulks lurk everywhere, you don't know

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Trump does not plan those rallies by himself. Somebody in charge knew, and decided Gaetz was still a welcome guest during a huge campaign event.
    Ideally the people planning campaign rallies would not be informed about justice department investigations.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I would have said if true as well. not to defend a Republican but to defend some one in a country where "Innocent until proven guilty" is our motto. If you declare someone guilty just because of a report without hearing evidence then we may as well get rid of our courts.

This applies to ever one it does not matter what political party you belong to.

As for Biden or Barr not saying anything? How many times have we head lawyers or law enforcement officials say "I will not comment on an active investigation." Why should this be different? You dont want any target of investigation let alone one with money and clout to know what you have one him and what is being investigated until it gets to the point they have to reveal it to the lawyers after he is charged.

Now Trump damn sure should not have had him at a rally while the man is being investigated. That is just pretty shitty.
    This is well-said.

There's a tendency in political discussions for some people to care about what side they're on more than the truth. This divide is seen in journalism with some people who want to be reporters, some people who want to be activists, and lines getting very blurred. We can see it in other places as well, including online forums, where some people are trying to understand the news, and others are trying to persuade people to follow their lead.

An activist doesn't prioritize about neutral principles like innocent until proven guilty, or prosecutors working quietly on a case. It's more about what helps their side in a given moment.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Between this and Delta's bizarre statement on Georgia's Election Suppression Legislation, I seriously believe that Companies, if they can't contribute productively to society, should stay out of politics.
    Delta realized it had made a public relations faux pas and has released a new statement:

Here is @Delta memo from CEO on Georgia voting bill: “I need to make it crystal clear that the final bill is unacceptable... The entire rationale for this bill was based on a lie: that there was widespread voter fraud in Georgia in the 2020 elections. This is simply not true”
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The FBI's investigating. If they're involved, it's legit. And anyone foolish enough to circle the wagons around Gaetz should do us all a favor and set them on fire first.
    It may legit. I am not saying the man is not guilty. I am saying that just because their is an investigation does not make him guilty. If the FBI being involved is the only standard a person uses to determine guilt is the same said of local police or State police? Can we just say well the police are investigating so he is clearly guilty? So the second the police start an investigation the target should be assumed guilty and be thrown in jail? if that is the case it makes lawyers, judges, juries courts everything moot.

I am not defending Gaetz or what he is accused of. I am defending the idea that everyone is innocent until proven guilty. I would say this about Gaetz, Biden, black, white it does not matter everyone is innocent until proven guilty. That is the foundation our legal system is built on and a person can not pretend to care about law and order and the rule of law and then declare someone's guilt over an investigation and have a trial in the court of public opinion. The rule of law does not just apply to people we like.
    Last edited by babyblob; 03-31-2021 at 09:28 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Top Trump adviser warned then-president on virus supply shortage, then pursued controversial deals

A top adviser privately urged President Donald Trump to acquire critical medical supplies in the early days of the coronavirus outbreak — and after the warning was ignored, pursued his own ad hoc strategy that committed more than $1 billion in federal funds and has since prompted multiple probes, according to newly released documents from congressional investigators.
    But after Trump ignored Navarro’s recommendations, the trade adviser embarked on his own strategy to acquire supplies with little oversight, Democrats said. Navarro subsequently steered a $765 million loan to Eastman Kodak to produce ingredients for generic drugs, a $354 million sole-source contract for pharmaceutical ingredients to a start-up called Phlow, and a $96 million sole-source contract for powered respirators and filters from AirBoss Defense Group.
    The administration’s loan to Kodak, which had never previously manufactured drugs and is best known for its former photography business, was paused last year amid probes by multiple congressional committees. House investigators also learned that Kodak executives had warned federal officials in March 2020 that the company would need a waiver from the Food and Drug Administration’s current good manufacturing practices — federal standards intended to ensure that firms have the necessary equipment, facilities and other components needed to produce safe and effective drugs.

Meanwhile, leaders of Phlow — a company that had never previously manufactured drugs and was only incorporated in January 2020 — strategized with Navarro’s office on its proposal to produce pharmaceutical ingredients in Virginia. Company leaders had previously won Navarro’s favor by making the argument the United States was too dependent on Chinese manufacturing — a big concern of Navarro’s. The Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Agency (BARDA) subsequently awarded a $354 million contract to the firm with an additional $458 million in contract options, amid pressure from Navarro, who urged officials to “please move this puppy in Trump time.”

EPA dismisses dozens of key science advisers picked under Trump

Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Michael Regan will purge more than 40 outside experts appointed by President Donald Trump from two key advisory panels, a move he says will help restore the role of science at the agency and reduce the heavy influence of industry over environmental regulations.

The unusual decision, announced Wednesday, will sweep away outside researchers picked under the previous administration whose expert advice helped the agency craft regulations related to air pollution, fracking and other issues.

Critics say that under Trump, membership of the two panels — the EPA’s Science Advisory Board (SAB) and Clean Air Scientific Advisory Committee (CASAC) — tilted too heavily toward regulated industries and their positions sometimes contradicted scientific consensus.

McCarthy calls allegations against Gaetz 'serious,' plans to speak with him

WASHINGTON — House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., said Wednesday that the allegations in a news report that Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., is under investigation by the Department of Justice over whether he had a sexual relationship with a minor and paid for her to travel with him are “serious” and the GOP leader plans to speak with him.

In an interview with Fox News, McCarthy said he hadn’t heard from the Justice Department, which The New York Times reported Tuesday night was investigating Gaetz and the allegations.

“I just read the story. Those are serious implications,” McCarthy said.
    Asked if he would take any action against Gaetz, such as removing him from the Judiciary Committee as Rep. Ted Lieu, D-Calif, has demanded, the GOP leader said, “If it comes out to be true, yes, we would remove him if that were the case. Right now, Matt Gaetz says it is not true, and we don't have any information. So, let's get all the information.”

It may legit. I am not saying the man is not guilty. I am saying that just because their is an investigation does not make him guilty. If the FBI being involved is the only standard a person uses to determine guilt is the same said of local police or State police? Can we just say well the police are investigating so he is clearly guilty? So the second the police start an investigation the target should be assumed guilty and be thrown in jail? if that is the case it makes lawyers, judges, juries courts everything moot.

I am not defending Gaetz or what he is accused of. I am defending the idea that everyone is innocent until proven guilty. I would say this about Gaetz, Biden, black, white it does not matter everyone is innocent until proven guilty. That is the foundation our legal system is built on and a person can not pretend to care about law and order and the rule of law and then declare someone's guilt over an investigation and have a trial in the court of public opinion. The rule of law does not just apply to people we like.
    I agree, however, the character of the person in question, as well as their public past behavior, tends to work for or against the person in question. How many other members of congress have been arrested [his DUI]? How many voted against a bill relating to sex trafficking [he was the only one]?

I will reserve judgment until all the facts come out, but it would not surprise me if the facts prove that he is guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I agree, however, the character of the person in question, as well as their public past behavior, tends to work for or against the person in question. How many other members of congress have been arrested [his DUI]? How many voted against a bill relating to sex trafficking [he was the only one]?

I will reserve judgment until all the facts come out, but it would not surprise me if the facts prove that he is guilty.
    It would not surprise me either. his past does work against him I will give you that. I do think he should step off the Judiciary Committee or be removed from it. A person can not be under this kind of investigation and sit on such an important committee.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

For a Qpublican to publicly say one of his fellows **** the bed must mean there's meat on the bone of the accusation against Gaetz. Normally, GQPers circle the wagons and call such charges lies, if McCarthy's strayed from standard operating procedure, then Matty Perv must be in trouble that can't be glossed over.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

It would not surprise me either. his past does work against him I will give you that. I do think he should step off the Judiciary Committee or be removed from it. A person can not be under this kind of investigation and sit on such an important committee.
    And it comes out on the same day that he's negotiating with Newsmax to be a contributor to their network? Yeah, he knows he's not going to be in the House of Representatives much longer.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    For a Qpublican to publicly say one of his fellows **** the bed must mean there's meat on the bone of the accusation against Gaetz. Normally, GQPers circle the wagons and call such charges lies, if McCarthy's strayed from standard operating procedure, then Matty Perv must be in trouble that can't be glossed over.
    Trying to stay away from the stink of GOPedophile club.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I never would have guessed that a Trump supporter could possibly be a sexual deviant!
    I thought he was just another craven, pandering GOP *******. He surprised me by finding a lower depth to sink to.
    When will I learn?
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Kissinger is the last one left, isn't he? Well, him and Roger Stone.
    I read his autobiography WILL several years ago. The guy was a lunatic but it was still a very interesting read. 3 stars.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Matt Gaetz has that Privileged Wealthy White Boy Arrogance we've all come to loath beyond hate. Just like Trump, just like Brett Kavanaugh, just like so many others who act like the Law doesn't apply to them and when it tries to, you just buy it off.