Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Matt Gaetz has that Privileged Wealthy White Boy Arrogance we've all come to loath beyond hate. Just like Trump, just like Brett Kavanaugh, just like so many others who act like the Law doesn't apply to them and when it tries to, you just buy it off.
    I do not disagree with any of this. I am not defending him one bit. I am just not jumping on the he is guilty and throw him in jail because of an investigation. I am treating him the same way I treat anyone accused of a crime. I am letting the investigation play out and have it go through the legal process. There are people accused of a crime that after I hear the evidence I say man they are guilty. but I dont assume someone is guilty just because they are being investigated. No matter how much of a POS they are.

I have been through the legal system. I have been in prison with a lot of guilty men. I have been in prison with a couple innocent men who got released. it is not always easy to stay objective i will admit.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Matt Gaetz has that Privileged Wealthy White Boy Arrogance we've all come to loath beyond hate. Just like Trump, just like Brett Kavanaugh, just like so many others who act like the Law doesn't apply to them and when it tries to, you just buy it off.
    Well, Matty Perv doesn't have the major coin Trump has, or the support from the GQP that Kegger Kavanaugh had. So, I guess Gaetz is going to go down, and go down hard. Couldn't happen to a better sleazeball.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I do not disagree with any of this. I am not defending him one bit. I am just not jumping on the he is guilty and throw him in jail because of an investigation. I am treating him the same way I treat anyone accused of a crime. I am letting the investigation play out and have it go through the legal process. There are people accused of a crime that after I hear the evidence I say man they are guilty. but I dont assume someone is guilty just because they are being investigated. No matter how much of a POS they are.

I have been through the legal system. I have been in prison with a lot of guilty men. I have been in prison with a couple innocent men who got released. it is not always easy to stay objective i will admit.
    It's hard for me to be objective after he did this: New Jersey investigates Republican gala over Covid rule breaches
    Last edited by Tami; 03-31-2021 at 11:48 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I understand that. I never debated he is a pos.

I guess for me it is a personal experience. There was a guy in my prison that was convicted of a crime against a child. Every one made his life hell. he was attacked, stolen from, verbally asulted by people. including me. it was my first year in prison and I did not want to stand out or make it look like I was on his side. he was in prison for three years before I got there and 1 year after. Turns out he was innocent. He was released. So now I try and hear the evidence before I jump on the throw them in jail band wagon.
    Last edited by babyblob; 03-31-2021 at 11:52 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

In other news

Australia’s ‘catastrophic’ future laid bare

Regular 50C days in Sydney and Melbourne; once in a century floods ever year; mass deaths of livestock; tropical diseases invading our major cities and a quarter of a million homes underwater.

Climate scientists have laid out a “catastrophic” future for Australia with the weather “flipping on its head”.

It now looks “virtually impossible” the world will meet a goal of keeping average temperatures to 1.5 per cent above pre-industrial levels, say the authors of a new report.

A far more likely scenario is that global temperatures will soar by up to 3C.

“If we continue on our merry way in terms of substantial greenhouse emissions then we go into a 3C future which looks grim for Australia,” said the director of Australian National University’s Institute for Climate Energy and Disaster Solutions Professor Mark Howden.

Mighty Member

Amazing, libs now have a Dem as President and a minority woman as VP and yet what do people still do on this thread? Talk about Grandpa Joe's trip on AF 1? His gaffes? Nope, bashing Repubs as usual and talking about the Trump administration. Fact: he's not president right now. Fact: any mistakes gaffes or hair sniffing that's going on since Jan. 20 falls on Uncle Joe and Indira Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Amazing, libs now have a Dem as President and a minority woman as VP and yet what do people still do on this thread? Talk about Grandpa Joe's trip on AF 1? His gaffes? Nope, bashing Repubs as usual and talking about the Trump administration. Fact: he's not president right now. Fact: any mistakes gaffes or hair sniffing that's going on since Jan. 20 falls on Uncle Joe and Indira Harris.
    What is funny about this post is, he doesn't want to talk about Biden's success in the COVID Bill or the Vaccination program. Not the 60% approval or the well received press conference. Not the agenda to fix the infrastructure or all the things he has done to change the harm Trump did. No "Why aren't we talking about imagined gaffes and tripping on some stairs". Something every President has done. It really does peer into the psyche of a Trump supporter.
    Oh yes, we also should not talk about a member of Congress being investigated for being a sexual predator because he's a Republican apparently.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    What is funny about this post is, he doesn't want to talk about Biden's success in the COVID Bill or the Vaccination program. Not the 60% approval or the well received press conference. Not the agenda to fix the infrastructure or all the things he has done to change the harm Trump did. No "Why aren't we talking about imagined gaffes and tripping on some stairs". Something every President has done. It really does peer into the psyche of a Trump supporter.
    Oh yes, we also should not talk about a member of Congress being investigated for being a sexual predator because he's a Republican apparently.
    That 60% approval? It's early. Wait a couple years and see what the approval is after eliminating coal miner jobs for wind powered solar panels.

That 60% approval? It's early. Wait a couple years and see what the approval is after eliminating coal miner jobs for wind powered solar panels.
    While I ain't normally one to go to bat for Biden?

You are assuming a lot there that is not a lock.

BANNED

Fucking solar panels, how do they work?

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Fucking solar panels, how do they work?
    Not just solar panels, wind-powered solar panels.

There are 4x more solar jobs than coal. And the trend will continue. Add wind and it's over 6x. So we want more solar and wind. Also, you still want us to burn the worst polluting fuel we have?

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...gy-jobs-coal-/

As I said, the warped psyche of a Trumper.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 03-31-2021 at 04:03 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

There are 4x more solar jobs than coal. And the trend will continue. Add wind and it's over 6x. So we want more solar and wind. Also, you still want us to burn the worst polluting fuel we have?

Would that be more or less warped than the psyche of folks that are out in outskirts of what looks a bit like McCarthyism?

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Deleted, wrong person.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

I wonder how they can handle learning that one of the big strikes to the coal industry was actually the fracking boom? Natural gas suddenly dropping to 1/8 the cost of coal makes for a LOT of unemployed miners.

------------

Now, I can agree with one of the things said in West Virginia about retraining coal miners - it was asked of those computer jobs (for one example) would be, well, there. Otherwise you'd just swap unemployed miners for unemployed programmers.
    Dark does not mean deep.