Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Would that be more or less warped than the psyche of folks that are out in outskirts of what looks a bit like McCarthyism?
    Huh? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I wonder how they can handle learning that one of the big strikes to the coal industry was actually the fracking boom? Natural gas suddenly dropping to 1/8 the cost of coal makes for a LOT of unemployed miners.

------------

Now, I can agree with one of the things said in West Virginia about retraining coal miners - it was asked of those computer jobs (for one example) would be, well, there. Otherwise you'd just swap unemployed miners for unemployed programmers.
    That's the central issue when it comes to blaming any given President for coal mining job losses.

Even if a President set out to attempt to protect those jobs to any degree?

You might as well be trying to protect cassette tape production jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Amazing, libs now have a Dem as President and a minority woman as VP and yet what do people still do on this thread? Talk about Grandpa Joe's trip on AF 1? His gaffes? Nope, bashing Repubs as usual and talking about the Trump administration. Fact: he's not president right now. Fact: any mistakes gaffes or hair sniffing that's going on since Jan. 20 falls on Uncle Joe and Indira Harris.
    Hey, you know what might be cool? If you maybe posted/linked the stories you're referencing -- maybe even with some commentary or thoughts of your own on the topics, though that's not strictly necessary -- rather than just making drive-by posts with sneering terms like "libs" and "Grandpa Joe".

But whatever man, you do you, obviously. Just saying, you're not likely to be winning any hearts and minds, with this approach.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    For a Qpublican to publicly say one of his fellows **** the bed must mean there's meat on the bone of the accusation against Gaetz. Normally, GQPers circle the wagons and call such charges lies, if McCarthy's strayed from standard operating procedure, then Matty Perv must be in trouble that can't be glossed over.
    Yeah, but then I gotta consider we're talking about the same Kevin McCarthy that has folded on standing up to Marjorie Taylor-Greene.

He's probably paying lip service to doing anything about Gaetz at this point.

Maybe he'll want a sex trafficker to be removed from his Committee Appointments. MAYBE.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, Matty Perv doesn't have the major coin Trump has, or the support from the GQP that Kegger Kavanaugh had. So, I guess Gaetz is going to go down, and go down hard. Couldn't happen to a better sleazeball.
    Gaetz looks like if you have him a change of clothes and a stubble, he could be a grinning movie extra for a scene where somebody gets their thumbs broken.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Yeah, but then I gotta consider we're talking about the same Kevin McCarthy that has folded on standing up to Marjorie Taylor-Greene.

He's probably paying lip service to doing anything about Gaetz at this point.

Maybe he'll want a sex trafficker to be removed from his Committee Appointments. MAYBE.
    Point taken. It hadn't occurred to me that Craven Kevin might be scamming everyone with his concern over Matty Perv. After all this time, I should know better, but, according to another poster, we should be ignoring this matter to focus on Grandpa Joe, the libs and Indira Harris. SMDH.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Gaetz looks like if you have him a change of clothes and a stubble, he could be a grinning movie extra for a scene where somebody gets their thumbs broken.
    I don't think there is a more punchable looking face in Congress, and that includes Fled Cruz. Unless Martin Skreli gets called to testify again, the Gaetzlighter will be the King.

Cruz and McQuisling are likely deserving of more scorn, but Gaetz just has the look of someone who should have that grin knocked of his face with a 5 finger attitude adjustment.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Matt Gaetz has that Privileged Wealthy White Boy Arrogance we've all come to loath beyond hate. Just like Trump, just like Brett Kavanaugh, just like so many others who act like the Law doesn't apply to them and when it tries to, you just buy it off.
    And the most punchable face I've seen since Stephen Miller. It just begs for a knuckle sandwich.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Was Joe Biden ever announced as president on this forum in a thread? I never saw one but maybe I just missed it. I remember presidents before getting one. That's why I was looking.

Amazing, libs now have a Dem as President and a minority woman as VP and yet what do people still do on this thread? Talk about Grandpa Joe's trip on AF 1? His gaffes? Nope, bashing Repubs as usual and talking about the Trump administration. Fact: he's not president right now. Fact: any mistakes gaffes or hair sniffing that's going on since Jan. 20 falls on Uncle Joe and Indira Harris.
    It's not as though the mess Trump made disappeared when he left office. We'll likely be paying for his ****-show for a long time to come.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Georgia's Lieutenant Governor says the GOP should admit Donald Trump lost fair and square

https://www.newsweek.com/*********li...-trump-1579552

Amazing, are you telling me the president used Air Force One?! I am shook. Thank god the former guy didn't do something with it as trivial as go golfing constantly while hundreds of thousands of people died.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    There are 4x more solar jobs than coal. And the trend will continue. Add wind and it's over 6x. So we want more solar and wind. Also, you still want us to burn the worst polluting fuel we have?

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...gy-jobs-coal-/

As I said, the warped psyche of a Trumper.
    But don't you see that coal jobs are so much more exciting than solar??

You get to work underground! Breathing in dust! At a constant risk of dying.
    THAT IS AMERICA!!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    But don't you see that coal jobs are so much more exciting than solar??

You get to work underground! Breathing in dust! At a constant risk of dying.
    THAT IS AMERICA!!
    I come from a mining family, both my dad and granddad got serious injuries, and long lasting breathing problems in retirement.

The gist of dads career advice to me was “Don’t go down the pit. I’d sooner you became a criminal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Amazing, are you telling me the president used Air Force One?! I am shook. Thank god the former guy didn't do something with it as trivial as go golfing constantly while hundreds of thousands of people died.
    It really will be amazing to watch the same people who had no problem with Trump's constant golf outings whine about even the smallest Presidential trips that Biden takes on Air Force One.
    Watching television is not an activity.