Page 18 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228681185181018 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Let's see how long it takes before he implements higher rates for Amazon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    In 2016 if you had put a gun to my child's head and told me I have to vote for Clinton or Trump and I can't go third party I would have said Trump as I figured congress would keep in line whereas I feared everything that utter sociopath Hilary Clinton would do. I despise Hilary Clinton that much. Its got nothing to do with policies and definitely nothing to do with liking Trump but rather that I view Hilary Clinton as the antichrist and I'm an atheist.

My vote for Johnson in 2016 was in large part that I felt with two such awful candidates that Johnson might actually be able to get 5% of the national vote. When a candidate hits 5% it opens up funding and other opportunities in future elections for the party. It was never about him winning as 5% was unlikely and obviously didn't happen. Nothing so far indicates that any 3rd part will even come close to what Johnson did in 2016 so not much point in 3rd party this election.

So if I bother to vote in November I'll vote Biden. I might not vote as the real elections in my state are the primaries in May and I've already voted by mail in ballot. Come November it will be whoever won in May vs no opponent as the other party usually doesn't even run anyone or some token cannon fodder who might get 35% of the vote.
    About tree-fiddy.

BANNED

The thing I've just started to become accustomed to is all the things that the government does without telling really announcing or telling the public about. For example, I think the government where I live has had it out for me for a while because I've done things publicly that makes them mad and this is something you don't really read or learn about anywhere too commonly. There's simple styles of governance too that are not obvious but how the media behaves in particular, and changes/effects on public mentalities. Mostly the making people angry and getting some opposing figure coming out of nowhere and being overly antagonistic, I'm pretty sure it was I had this moment "whoa it's been the government this whole time"

Like all these unspoken norms and rules the government holds it's citizens compliant to, who knows really it makes you really resent them.

I feel that way with Donald Trump, it's not so much the public policy making, or economic procedures it's the less obvious and unspoken influence the administration has on the public and country you have to really watch out for.
    Last edited by RisingForce; 05-06-2020 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Don't give Trump ideas! He might just use that slogan, and his lemmings would happily slurp his poisoned Kool-Aid.
    Yes. This would be...bad...?

Somehow...?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Global Medical Community Fears Coronavirus Second Wave

Authorities around the world are drawing up plans in case of a resurgence of the virus.

WHO Warns Of More COVID-19 Outbreaks If Countries Open Back Up Too Quickly

World Health Organization epidemiologist Maria Van Kerkhove told reporters on Wednesday that the virus will spread rapidly if lockdown measures are lifted too quickly.

Trump Rebukes Nurse On National Nurses Day And Critics Are Livid: ‘How Dare He!’

Trump took issue with a nurse’s claim that the delivery of PPE has been “sporadic.”

The Coronavirus Could Change The Way We Eat Meat

The COVID-19 pandemic has hobbled the meat industry. Can small farms raise a more sustainable future?

Employees At Texas Restaurant Say They’re Forbidden From Wearing Face Masks

The Hillstone Restaurant Group, which began allowing dine-in patrons last week, said customers uncomfortable with the policy can “join us at a later date.”

How The Coronavirus Will Change Office Spaces

New doors, reduced space, plastic partitions: Your office might be getting a redesign.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

On this date in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, as well as 2019, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day posted profiles of the current U.S. House Representative for Texas’ 17th District, Bill Flores, who we noted prior to reaching office in the 2010 Tea Party Wave, worked as an executive in the energy industry, including as a CEO of a fracking company, and another oil drilling company that he ran so well, it declared bankruptcy at a cost of $7.6 million to taxpayers. Flores has already shown us the depths of his hypocrisy, voting against disaster relief aid for victims for Hurricane Sandy, and then only a few months later, crying out for disaster relief for the man-made disaster of no oversight that caused an explosion at a fertilizer plant in West, Texas.

Flores was talking about impeaching President Obama for "violating the Constitution" in 2013 town halls, and alongside Louis Gohmert proposed legislation that would offer $1 million dollars to anyone who could provide information about IRS Commissioner Lois Lerner's long deleted e-mails. Lastly, during riots in Baltimore after the death of Freddie Gray while in police custody, Bill Flores went on the Family Research Council's "Wall Builders" show with Tony Perkins to explain the cause of civil unrest was actually... GAY MARRIAGE. Yeah, he said that. As well as putting out a press release after the Obergefell v. Hodges ruling calling it an "unfortunate display of judicial activism".

On February 22nd, 2017, Bill Flores ditched his own town hall to meet with his consituents, citing “a scheduling conflict”, and left the good people of Texas’ 17th to hold the town hall with their representative in absentia. We’ll note that within a year, Rep. Flores has become so flippant in regards to his constituents that he’ll block them from his social media accounts for having the nerve to criticize him, at all.

Any illusion that Flores has the interests of the people who elect him at heart should be dissolved by that fact.

Texas’ 17th Congressional District has a +13 Republican lean, which allowed Flores to coast to re-election in 2018 with 57% of the vote (note, he under-performed the partisan lean of his district by 6-7%). Thus, Bill Flores has returned to Congress to resume being a partisan s***:

Bill Flores has managed five terms in office, and we’re mercifully going to be spared a sixth, because he’s announced he’ll be retiring and not running for re-election in 2020. We would like to wish him the finest “GOOD RIDDANCE” salutes at this time.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Let's see how long it takes before he implements higher rates for Amazon.
    Its been said that Trump has claimed the US Post office can simply raise rates etc. But the answer isn't that simple as he believes as the Postal service is losing ground to other companies like Fed Ex etc. So if the Post Office jacks up rates it will lead more to jump away and the others can raise their rates as well.

But its clear he's gonna ruin the Postal Service and have it ran into the fucking gutter then blame the next President or Obama for this.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

From the "Party of Pro-Life", GOP Rep. Andy Harris gives the best way to avoid getting infected with Covid-19:

Don't be born in the first place.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

As President Trump becomes impatient to reopen the nation during a still-raging pandemic, you’d think it would be a good idea to issue some advice on how to do that as safely as possible. Experts at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention prepared a set of detailed documents designed to do exactly that—but its publication has reportedly been blocked by the White House. The Associated Press reported the nation’s top infectious-disease investigators wrote a 17-page report to help faith leaders, business owners, educators, and state and local officials as they gradually reopen. It was slated to be published last week, but a CDC official told AP that the agency’s scientists were told the guidance “would never see the light of day.” A person close to the White House’s coronavirus task force told AP that White House officials didn’t want to provide detailed guidance for how specific sectors can reopen, preferring general guidance for all.
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/white-...a=twitter_page

These people want simplicity in a world that frankly stopped being simple 80 years ago.

My guess, Trump wants that advice to come from HIM, not anyone else, including the Centers for Disease Control so HE can take full credit if, by some act of god, it actually works. Once again, Drano Don's bloated ego and malignant narcissism has put the lives of Americans at risk.

For some bizarre reason, Briahna Joy decided to attack RBG

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    For some bizarre reason, Briahna Joy decided to attack RBG
    Had to Google Briahna Joy, turns out she was Bernie Sanders' press secretary, so I'm guessing there was some sort of ulterior motive behind her attack on RBG.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 05-07-2020 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    whereas I feared everything that utter sociopath Hilary Clinton would do. I despise Hilary Clinton that much. Its got nothing to do with policies and definitely nothing to do with liking Trump but rather that I view Hilary Clinton as the antichrist and I'm an atheist.
    How does it feel when you look in the rearview mirror these days? Honest question.

Screenshot_2020-05-07 (3) Judd Legum on Twitter Nicknaming your presidential reelection campaign.jpg

Nicknaming your presidential reelection campaign "Death Star" in the middle of a pandemic that has already killed 70K+ people is an interesting choice
    Twitter Link
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.