Page 185 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 851351751811821831841851861871881891952352856851185 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 75153
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Oh, this is patently laughable. For Trump who's only been in church a handful of times in his life (and that's a generous estimate), held a bible upside down two days ago for the world to see and singlehandedly broke most of the Ten Commandments, who is he to determine who's a good Christian and who's a bad Christian? Give me a break!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Steve king lost his primary.
    YESSSSSSS.

https://www.vox.com/2020/6/2/2127846...randy-feenstra

Someone send WBE some booze to celebrate this hopeful profile retirement.
    Though I'm glad to see King hurting, Feenstra is just as awful in many ways. He doesn't say the racist stuff out loud, which is honestly the only real problem the GOP has with King.
    I think I would've preferred Scholten to run against King in November.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

As I recently posted on facebook: Antifa is not an organization. It is not a movement. My spellcheck doesn't even recognize it as a word.
    Watching television is not an activity.

President Trump tried to register to vote in Florida using an out-of-state address

President Trump originally tried to register to vote in Florida while claiming his “legal residence” was in another part of the country — Washington, D.C. — according to Florida elections records.

The September 2019 registration application listed Trump’s legal residence as 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, the location of the White House. That created a potential problem for Trump: Florida law requires voters to be legal residents of the state. A month later, Trump resubmitted his application to use a Florida address and in March he voted by mail in Florida’s Republican primary.

The revisions complicate Trump’s own record as a voter at a time when the president has made unsubstantiated claims of widespread fraud in mail-in balloting.
    The voter application is dated Sept. 27, 2019 — the same day that Trump made the domicile change. On one of his forms that day he was telling Florida officials that his “legal residence” was Washington, D.C., and on another he was saying he was a “bona fide resident” of Palm Beach.

Florida voter-registration applicants are warned on registration forms that they may be subject to fines and even prison time if they do not provide truthful information.
    A month passed before Trump filed the second voter registration application, this time listing 1100 S. Ocean Blvd., Palm Beach — the address of Mar-a-Lago — as his legal residence. There also was another difference: Trump’s original voter-registration directed election officials to send his registration materials to Mar-a-Lago in care of another person — Sean McCabe, a vice president and general manager of Trump Florida Properties in the neighboring city of West Palm Beach. (McCabe’s first name — Shawn — is misspelled.)

It’s unclear precisely what happened during the 31 days between Trump’s two applications. It’s possible that Florida elections officials flagged the D.C. address on the application and may have requested a change or clarification.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

In other words, Trump may well have committed the very sort of fraud he claimed Democrats were doing when it comes to mail-in ballots. Talk about hypocrisy.

Ah, the Trump kiss of death given to someone truly worthy.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that like 80% of Trumps lies always have a back door? All the time, he's "No, but yes."

I'm reminded of when people, myself included, get in a bad position and need wiggle room.

"I said maybe I could certainly finish it by Monday."
    Trumps lies have become white noise. He lies 3 times a day to the point where it simply doesn't matter. I typical politician being caught lying is a big deal. WIth with Trump, it's common place to the point where it can't really hurt him. It's just Trump being Trump.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Even Pat Robertson Is Turning On Trump: ‘You Just Don’t Do That, Mr. President’

The televangelist also said the president should be comforting Americans right now.
    That one has me questioning if reality just got broken beyond repair.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    It's sad.

It really does bother me when people on this very thread are defending the looting by saying lives are more important than property. Right or wrong, people are choosing to defend their property and livelihood (or in this case their friends livelihood), and that's creating a real cost in human life. People are dying simply because a small group of criminal thugs want to use social justice as an excuse to get free stuff.

There's a reason why some polls are saying the majority of americans support the military putting a stop to this. For the record I'm not necessarily one of them... but I understand where they are coming from.

Astonishing Member

Attorney General Keith Ellison to elevate charges against officer who knelt on George Floyd's neck; also charging other 3 involved

Attorney General Keith Ellison plans to elevate charges against the former Minneapolis police officer who knelt on George Floyd's neck while adding charges of aiding and abetting murder against the other three officers at the scene, according to multiple law enforcement sources familiar with the case.

Ellison is expected to provide an update this afternoon on the state's investigation into Floyd's death. According to sources, former officer Derek Chauvin, recorded on video kneeling on Floyd's neck as he begged for air on May 25, will now be charged with second-degree murder.

The other three officers at the scene — Tou Thao, J. Alexander Kueng and Thomas Lane — will also be charged with aiding and abetting second-degree murder, according to the sources, who spoke on conditions of anonymity. Chauvin was arrested last Friday and charged with third-degree murder and manslaughter.

Thao was recorded watching as Chauvin continued to press on Floyd's neck with his knee. Kueng was one of the first officers on the scene and helped pin Floyd down. Lane was detailed in earlier charges as pointing a gun at Floyd before handcuffing, and later asked whether officers should roll Floyd on his side as he was restrained.

The charges come just days after Gov. Tim Walz asked Ellison to take over the prosecution, which until Sunday had been led by the Hennepin County Attorney's Office.

Got an alert that the charge against Derek Chauvin has been upped to second degree murder, and that the other three cops involved in the death of George Floyd will be arrested tomorrow.

Back outside the White House. Today the perimeter has been pushed back another half block. Federal law enforcement of some kind, but they won’t identify themselves, and all insignias and name plates have been removed.
    Twitter Link

The Twitter hive mind has run pictures of the various insignias and flags and folks seem to think these are probably a Bureau of Prisons SORT (special operations) team, maybe from Texas.
    Twitter Link

?????
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

That's good news. Hopefully that'll help ease the tenions at least a little. Appreciate the small victories.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That's good news. Hopefully that'll help ease the tenions at least a little. Appreciate the small victories.
    It shouldnt have taken so long for sure. Immediate action to the obvious would have helped. Part of the outrage is those guys have been out free during all this. In hiding sure but free

Meanwhile....

Rand Paul demands changes to House's anti-lynching bill

“If they want to pass it the easy way they have to talk to me about it,” he said.

The Senate passed its own anti-lynching bill in 2019, making lynching a federal crime. But the House’s bill, passed in February, is slightly different and Paul said it won’t move quickly without more changes.

The fact that Congress is still struggling to respond to the past atrocities of lynching black people highlights how difficult it will be for Washington to deal with misuse of police force and outrage over police officers killing unarmed black Americans. Everyone seems to agree lynching is terrible and must be condemned and outlawed, but not specifically on how to do it.

Paul said that he’s concerned that the way the House bill is written, it might “conflate lesser crimes with lynching.”

“Under the statute as written, bruises could be considered lynching. That’s a problem, to put someone in jail for 10 years for some kind of altercation. And it also I think demeans how horrible lynching actually was,” Paul said on Wednesday.

Can't take an easy win right now. He isn't angry the bill isn't strong enough for racial injustice. Hes worried "bruises" could count and trigger a long sentence? I mean come the hell on