Astonishing Member

*deleted post*
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Does anyone know what her politics are? Other then being huge on Trans rights and stuff I have not heard her say much on other issues. Then again I dont really like her so I havnt really paid attention.
    I could be wrong, but I think she had been a Trumpanzee for a time. In any event, I hope Californians don't take Jenner seriously as this trend of clueless, ignorant and egotistical celebrities running for political office is beyond annoying. Trump should've ended that trend after he nearly wrecked the country, voters need to send a strong message that this nonsense has to end by rejecting Jenner.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Arlington was originally part of D.C. when Virginia and Maryland both agreed to cede some small portions to form a federal capital city.

Arlington was taken from D.C. back to Virginia over the issue of slavery.

If the Arlington County residents want to rejoin the DC, then the Virginia government should hold a referendum for them to vote and decide where their county should belong.

Some Arlington residents are employed in DC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distri...a_retrocession
    When did Arlington belong to DC.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    She was a Trump voter right up until the Leopard Eating Faces Party Ate Her Face.
    Lol. I'll never understand why minorities are republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    When did Arlington belong to DC.
    Here is a good illustration of it from Wikipedia.

Last edited by Tami; 04-23-2021 at 09:08 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ultimate Member

Because being a hateful, condescending bastard isn't limited to white people. We just do it best

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    "...white as the baby Jesus." That's rich.
    Just in case tone and my sense of humor in particular doesn't translate, for the record that was tongue-in-cheek. I'm in a rural area that tends to have a lot of Nativity scenes around the holidays, there's a pretty neat display of Christmas lights at a local Catholic shrine called La Salette, and the baby Jesuses all seem to be very Caucasian and sometimes even blonde/blue-eyed. Why I loved Korean Jesus in the "21 Jump Street" movie. It's usually more subtle, but people do tend to do that sort of thing (imagine heroes/ideals as being like them).

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    George W. Bush says he wrote in Condoleezza Rice for president in 2020

Old Dubya rarely ceases to disappoint. Not that I care since he was arguably the second worst modern American President after the Orange guy.
    I may be in the minority, but I believe while he may not have been worse at the job (think he knew more about what it meant given his father's history and upbringing) I believe Jr. did more damage than Trump did on the whole given the number of dead because of collateral damage in the Middle East and the millions of refugees fleeing to Europe (causing reactionary right-wing uprisings that continue to this day, and may eventually lead to even greater problems). Then again he was forced to react to 9/11, and I shudder to think what Trump would have done in a similar situation. Nuclear options might have been on the table.

Well, let's remember that until a few years ago, Caitlyn Jenner identified as a white heterosexual cisgender male. She has also been quite rich ever since she started getting endorsement deals after the 1976 decathlon win. So it's the usual conservative resistance to taxes for Caitlyn as the main reason for her political leanings.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Fantastic Member

There is no 3rd option... With two parties you're kind of stuck. Dem party is by far the lesser evil imo but it has lots of issues too.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Just in case tone and my sense of humor in particular doesn't translate, for the record that was tongue-in-cheek. I'm in a rural area that tends to have a lot of Nativity scenes around the holidays, there's a pretty neat display of Christmas lights at a local Catholic shrine called La Salette, and the baby Jesuses all seem to be very Caucasian and sometimes even blonde/blue-eyed. Why I loved Korean Jesus in the "21 Jump Street" movie. It's usually more subtle, but people do tend to do that sort of thing (imagine heroes/ideals as being like them).

I may be in the minority, but I believe while he may not have been worse at the job (think he knew more about what it meant given his father's history and upbringing) I believe Jr. did more damage than Trump did on the whole given the number of dead because of collateral damage in the Middle East and the millions of refugees fleeing to Europe (causing reactionary right-wing uprisings that continue to this day, and may eventually lead to even greater problems). Then again he was forced to react to 9/11, and I shudder to think what Trump would have done in a similar situation. Nuclear options might have been on the table.
    W has a worse record. But Trump did screw the pandemic and put three people on the Supreme Court that will harm America for decades. What isn't up for debate is Trump was the worst person to sit in the Oval Office in history. As bad as others were, we have not had a criminal sociopath who was an agent for a foreign enemy.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionaryFan View Post
    There is no 3rd option... With two parties you're kind of stuck. Dem party is by far the lesser evil imo but it has lots of issues too.
    You could have a hundred political parties, and as long as Humans are in control they will mess it up somehow. Some worse than others.

Imperfection is written into the very DNA of Humans. If it wasn't for Entropy, the fragile balance between Order and Disorder, this planet would have crashed and burned, with humans as the cause, a long time ago.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    You could have a hundred political parties, and as long as Humans are in control they will mess it up somehow. Some worse than others.

Imperfection is written into the very DNA of Humans. If it wasn't for Entropy, the fragile balance between Order and Disorder, this planet would have crashed and burned, with humans as the cause, a long time ago.
    Hey now, that's not fair. We humans still have plenty of time left to destroy the planet!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

Well, I'm glad that didn't happen, otherwise the Eagles would never have won the Super Bowl. Yeah, I know, priorities.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post

Afghanistan would be glowing in the dark, bin Laden would still be hiding in Pakistan. We would have not invaded Iraq, however, Saddam Hussein would have WMDs again for the first time since the 1980s because, as a dictator, Trump would have loved the guy. Don Jr. and Eric would be going to Iraqi brothels to abuse women with Uday & Qusay. If Trump got a second term in '04, based on Hurricane Maria, it seems pretty clear Trump would have treated people in New Orleans the same way he did Puerto Rico. Except Bush was just slow to do anything to respond... Trump wouldn't have ever responded to help communities of color. Kanye West would have likely not become a Trump fan under those circumstances.

Just my alternate timeline fan-fic.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

The youngest state legislator in Michigan screwed up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...jones-whitmer/

He was pulled over for driving drunk, and threatened to call the governor on the cops who found his car in a ditch.

The 911 calls came pouring in as the black Chevy Tahoe sped down a Michigan highway.

For almost 50 miles, witnesses reported, the vehicle with the vanity plate “ELECTED” was driving so recklessly earlier this month that at least one person saw the car go the wrong way before it rolled into a ditch.

Inside the SUV, state police found state Rep. Jewell Jones (D), whose blood alcohol level was allegedly more than double the legal limit. In the cupholder behind him was a loaded handgun.

“If you hit me, it’s going to be very bad for you. I’ll call Governor [Gretchen] Whitmer right now,” Jones told the officers on April 6, according to a police report. “When I call Gretchen,” he allegedly continued, they would have to hand over their “IDs, badge numbers, everything.”

News of that interaction marks the latest twist in a stunning case for Jones, who turned 26 just days after the incident and is the youngest-ever member of the Michigan state House of Representatives. The police report detailing his comments was first obtained by the Detroit Free Press.

Carolyn Henry, the chief assistant prosecutor in Livingston County, Mich., confirmed to The Washington Post that the third-term lawmaker is facing eight charges, including four counts of resisting police and one for operating a motor vehicle with a blood alcohol content of more than 0.17.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets