Blaming the victim?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Seriously, if the Nazis were just forcibly vaccinating Jews or Gypsies or the disabled, I don't think we would have fought a war with them. No, what the Nazis did was kind of the exact opposite of getting everyone vaccinated against a deadly disease.
    It's not like these morons are being forced to take the vaccine. The bad part is that they may have children who cannot take it without their permission. The good part is these idiots may eliminate themselves.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    Attachment 108855
    Be careful out there everybody if you ever plan to confront people about social justice.
    What? What does this have to do with social justice?
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Blaming the victim?
    Is this directed at me? I want to be sure before I respond.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    What? What does this have to do with social justice?
    Confronting people for being assholes that use racial slurs is one of the things I consider social justice. Unfortunately it ended badly here.

Confronting people for being assholes that use racial slurs is one of the things I consider social justice. Unfortunately it ended badly here.
    "Standing up for social justice may get you murdered by scary teenagers"? Really?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    "Standing up for social justice may get you murdered by scary teenagers"? Really?
    That racist assholes are often violent assholes. To not get in over your head confronting them. Not only is a good woman dead, but her killer will continue using that language and likely use her death as prison cred. This was as tragic as it could of possibly have been.

I don't see the controversy. She told a teenager he shouldn't talk that way, he responded by killing her. Talking to strangers is always a risk, especially when you say something that might set them off. These days more people than usual have a hair trigger.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Seriously, if the Nazis were just forcibly vaccinating Jews or Gypsies or the disabled, I don't think we would have fought a war with them. No, what the Nazis did was kind of the exact opposite of getting everyone vaccinated against a deadly disease.
    Conservatives literally get off at portraying themselves as victims. Not surprising.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I don't see the controversy. She told a teenager he shouldn't talk that way, he responded by killing her. Talking to strangers is always a risk, especially when you say something that might set them off. These days more people than usual have a hair trigger.
    She wasn't wrong but i'd rather her death be a warning that the alt right is only getting more and more violent. When I saw this I considered it could of just as easily been you Tami. A good woman standing up for her beliefs and tragically cut down by evil. I posted it here in the hopes if any of you find yourself in her situation you have an exit plan for if they get violent.

She wasn't wrong but i'd rather her death be a warning that the alt right is only getting more and more violent. When I saw this I considered it could of just as easily been you Tami. A good woman standing up for her beliefs and tragically cut down by evil. I posted it here in the hopes if any of you find yourself in her situation you have an exit plan for if they get violent.
    I appreciate that. And you are right, it is almost expected these days that, when you see something you act on it. However, it's even riskier than usual to do so. It's not victim-blaming, it's a healthy sense of self-preservation. There are way too many people out there who are ascribing to violence, who would think nothing of killing someone for any reason.

I grew up in a city, so I have a healthy sense of paranoia, a sort of Spidey-Danger-Sense. Not everyone does.

When you are living in a time when a mob of militia, extremists, domestic terrorists, and conspiracy theorists could band together to invade the Capitol and hunt down elected officials with the intent to kill them, you really do need to be cautious.

I appreciate that. And you are right, it is almost expected these days that, when you see something you act on it. However, it's even riskier than usual to do so. It's not victim-blaming, it's a healthy sense of self-preservation. There are way too many people out there who are ascribing to violence, who would think nothing of killing someone for any reason.

I grew up in a city, so I have a healthy sense of paranoia, a sort of Spidey-Danger-Sense. Not everyone does.

When you are living in a time when a mob of militia, extremists, domestic terrorists, and conspiracy theorists could band together to invade the Capitol and hunt down elected officials with the intent to kill them, you really do need to be cautious.
    Being in prison kind of formed how I live my life after as much as I dont want it to.

I eat my meals very fast, take fast showers, do laundry and go to the store on set days, and the biggest rule, Notice everything but say nothing. There are things that I have seen on the street that to be honest I should have spoken out about. But I am having a very hard time with the mindset of dont stick your nose in because it is dangerous more often then not. The worst thing you can do in prison sometimes is make people notice you.
    Last edited by babyblob; 04-24-2021 at 08:36 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Being in prison kind of formed how I live my life after as much as I dont want it to.

I eat my meals very fast, take fast showers, do laundry and go to the store on set days, and the biggest rule, Notice everything but say nothing. There are things that I have seen on the street that to be honest I should have spoken out about. But I am having a very hard time with the mindset of dont stick your nose in because it is dangerous more often then not. The worst thing you can do in prison sometimes is make people notice you.
    There are times to take action and do something, even if it is just pulling out your cell phone and video recording what is going on. I'm not advocating to never get involved, and I think that Farealmer would agree as well. It's only that you need to assess the situation and proceed with some degree of caution when possible.

I'm just clarifying what I said before. Life experiences affect how you deal with situations, but being cautious is just common sense.
    Last edited by Tami; 04-24-2021 at 08:54 PM.

That racist assholes are often violent assholes. To not get in over your head confronting them. Not only is a good woman dead, but her killer will continue using that language and likely use her death as prison cred. This was as tragic as it could of possibly have been.
    I agree that it is absolutely tragic, and I also agree that we should also be careful. You can never know when someone might be dangerously violent.

But you know, I was just reading earlier, in a different forum, all these accounts from women who were telling stories about harassment they've experienced in public -- things said, and in some cases being touched, actually sexually assaulted in public, when none of the other people around did anything. And I don't know that any of us deciding we are Batman or Punisher in real life is the answer ... but I am also not comfortable with the idea that the best thing we can ever do is keep our heads down, and hope nothing worse happens.

I mean, we are all shaped by our experiences to a large degree, right? Well, I grew up in a pretty bad area, and one lesson I took from my upbringing is that in some situations, acting like you are afraid to say or do anything is absolutely the worst way that you can respond. Sometimes, that will actually make you a target.

I guess I'm saying, I don't think there's any one way to guarantee that you will not be a victim of random violence. I don't think we could call it random violence, if there was.

There are times to take action and do something, even if it is just pulling out your cell phone and video recording what is going on. I'm not advocating to never get involved, and I think that Farealmer would agree as well. It's only that you need to assess the situation and proceed with some degree of caution when possible.
    I agree but I am saying for some people it is not that easy. For whatever reason, be it raised to stay out of things, or if it comes later in life developed by their surroundings like living in a bad area or being in prison where getting involved can be very dangerous. Even getting out of or moving away from those situations those lessons stick in. I have been out of prison for 7 years but the way I act sometimes makes it seem like I am still there.

It is great to get involved and stand up. But for others it can be very hard.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.