Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I just heard about that. I wonder if Rudy roll over on Trump, depending on what investigators uncover.
    You know Trump is sweating bullets right now.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Doubtful.

Rudy's lawyer is calling it "legal thuggery" every 5 minutes.

They're just creating cover.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Arlene Foster is stepping down: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-56910045

I feel like that's great news for Northern Ireland, but I could be wrong. As deplorable as Foster is, at least you always knew what you had with her. The DUP are likely going to swing further to the right now, and they'll continue Foster's work of unintentionally making a very compelling case for reunification.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Doubtful.

he can call it what ever they want. if they found real evidence at his apartment Rudy will look to make a deal. And what better carrot then Trump.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Arlene Foster is stepping down: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-56910045

I feel like that's great news for Northern Ireland, but I could be wrong. As deplorable as Foster is, at least you always knew what you had with her. The DUP are likely going to swing further to the right now, and they'll continue Foster's work of unintentionally making a very compelling case for reunification.
    Reunification, as in the North breaking away from the UK and joining with the rest of Ireland? Is that the idea?

Northern Ireland referendum to leave UK would fail today -poll

A Northern Ireland referendum on leaving the United Kingdom would fail today, a poll indicated on Tuesday, but most of those questioned said they believed the region would leave within the next 25 years.
    The survey, undertaken by Northern Irish pollster Lucid Talk on behalf of the BBC, found that if a vote was held today some 43% of the region's voters would vote to leave the United Kingdom, while 49% of the region's voters would vote to remain and 8% were undecided.

However, 51% said they believed Northern Ireland would no longer be part of the United Kingdom in 25 years, with 37% saying they believed it would still be.

Some in the region expect higher birth rates among Catholic Irish nationalists to change the balance of power within a generation. Others believe many Catholics will ultimately balk at the upheaval that leaving would entail.

Of those polled, 48% said the Northern Ireland Protocol of Britain's European Union exit deal should be scrapped while 46% said they wanted it retained.
    Last edited by Tami; 04-28-2021 at 01:09 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2021/04/...nsphobic-rant/

Don't know if this has already been posted but Jiminy H. Christmas, get with the program and get that your days of bigotry are numbered, you bigoted pieces of s**t (referring to the article).

At least other patrons in the restaurant spoke out against the bigotry.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Doubtful.

True but a court of law isn't public opinion or an impeachment. Granted, if this is a jury situation, it could taint any potential jury pool.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Biden would never call the church out in public. He would anger the Catholic voters, and the hardcore Christians would run with it. Saying things like "He does not respect his own religion how is he going to respect you and yours? He hates god"

It would be just a bad move politicly to call them out as much as they need to be. I doubt Biden will run a second time but what he does will reflect on Harris who everyone is saying will of course run. Any thing controversial Biden does she will have to distance from and that may anger Biden backers who would see her as betraying the man who took a risk and had her on the ticket.
    Yeah, yeah, I know Biden wouldn't do what I suggested, not when he's doing well in the polls. Just wishful thinking on my part. But it pisses me off that the Church can just run roughshod over everything and get away with **** because they have the support of clueless sheep and Christian hypocrites who blindly worship their invisible sky clown.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    You speak the truth. Hell, the Catholic community in the city I grew up in is split in two: the rigid conservatives worship in the beautiful cathedral and the rest of us that are more liberal-minded and think Pope Francis is a good thing gather in a building across town. And while the Catholic Church has its share of problems and tainted history, from lived experience it's more often than not Protestant evangelicals that come across like rabid dogs when you bring up political issues. So I'm willing to cut Catholic presidents some slack.
    Catholics were on the “outside” in America long enough that they’re still considered “the other” by many mainstream pseudo-religious-much-more-political-and-cultural “Evangelical” Protestants. The result in my view is that modern American Catholics tend to have a more measured POV of church and state compared to many of the Protestant denominations that make headlines.

Also, as a Protestant myself, I think there’s a slightly greater case of self-righteousness in many Protestant mindsets because so much dogma and teaching is autonomous. “Catholic Guilt” is really more just having a structure to the faith that acknowledges a capacity for misinterpretation or ignorance on the individual level. The trade off, arguably, is the tendency for the Catholic Church to share its failings more structurally.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

He was sweating bullets at least 18 months before the 2020 election.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XolimveZdrQ

This is one of the most telling videos I've seen about Trump in that it predicts 18 months before the election that, if Trump loses, it will be the ugliest transition of power in U.S. history and exactly why.

he can call it what ever they want. if they found real evidence at his apartment Rudy will look to make a deal. And what better carrot then Trump.
    Do you think a guy like Rudy who cheated on three wives might be disloyal?
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 04-28-2021 at 03:40 PM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I just heard about that. I wonder if Rudy roll over on Trump, depending on what investigators uncover.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    No way the feds issue a search warrant on Giuliani before they already have a ton of evidence
    For everyone hoping for Rudy to be a disloyal twit, it's a longshot of an option because he's Trump's lawyer, and under the auspices of attorney client privilege... The only way that a lawyer can turn on their client is if confidential communications involve communications about a current or future crime or fraud. This is the crime fraud exception to attorney-client privilege. Attorney-client privilege is held by the client.

So, unless Rudy is aware of ongoing and continued fraud upon say, Trump 2024 campaign donors and the ins and outs of that continuing... or a planned second capitol attack, say... that's the only way. Rudy would have to rat Trump out on a crime he's planning or about to carry out.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Do you a guy like Rudy who cheated on three wives might be disloyal?
    I think Rudy loves Trump way more then them and I am sure the sex was amazing. So it could go either way.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    For everyone hoping for Rudy to be a disloyal twit, it's a longshot of an option because he's Trump's lawyer, and under the auspices of attorney client privilege... The only way that a lawyer can turn on their client is if confidential communications involve communications about a current or future crime or fraud. This is the crime fraud exception to attorney-client privilege. Attorney-client privilege is held by the client.

So, unless Rudy is aware of ongoing and continued fraud upon say, Trump 2024 campaign donors and the ins and outs of that continuing... or a planned second capitol attack, say... that's the only way. Rudy would have to rat Trump out on a crime he's planning or about to carry out.
    Sadly this is true. But what about other Trump lackies that Rudy was not a lawyer to that I am sure told him things? It could be a chain reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Reunification, as in the North breaking away from the UK and joining with the rest of Ireland? Is that the idea?

Northern Ireland referendum to leave UK would fail today -poll
    Yes, Tami, you got it. A majority of people in Northern Ireland voted against Brexit even though the DUP (just barely the largest political party in NI) supported it. The DUP is really an island in a lonely sea at this point because the sea trade border imposed by Brexit is very unpopular and so the DUP went from championing Brexit to condemning these new regulations to save face. Also, as part of the UK, the DUP were forced to accept the recent legalization of abortion and same-sex marriage in the UK despite many DUP voters remaining very much opposed to such things.

So the joke for a while now has been that Britain and the DUP have been so crappy that a lot of people in Northern Ireland are starting to come around on the idea of reunifying with the Republic of Ireland for the sake of getting back into the EU and leaving the toxic relationship with the UK that they're currently in.
    Last edited by Hellion; 04-28-2021 at 03:32 PM.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci