Okay...so Trump is trying to sneak back onto Twitter, and Twitter keeps shutting him down, and he keeps at it.

Parscale must be working overtime. Only two of the below are banned so far.

Never being told no, he refuses to stop trying to get around the Twitter ban. It amazes me. What a vile person.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Fox News didn’t ask for an exclusive on DeSantis bill signing, network says

When Gov. Ron DeSantis signed a new bill this morning to change the future of mail-in voting in Florida, the only television cameras allowed to capture the moment belonged to Fox News.

Outside, reporters and videographers from local news outlet were told the ceremonial bill signing was an “exclusive” for Fox & Friends, the conservative network’s morning show. DeSantis confirmed as much later in the day.

But Fox never asked for the special treatment. In a statement to the Tampa Bay Times, the network said, “FOX & Friends did not request or mandate that the May 6th event and interview with Gov. Ron DeSantis be exclusive to FOX News Media entities.” The network later clarified in a second statement that “FOX & Friends booked (DeSantis’) May 6th appearance as an interview and not as a live bill signing. Neither the network, nor the show, requested or mandated the event be exclusive to FOX News Media entities.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Should Senate Democrats approach Liz Cheney about switching parties?
    Thoughts?
    Liz Cheney still opposes Joe Biden and his agenda, and agrees with the current GOP way more than than she disagrees with them. It just so happens to that one of the very few things she disagrees with her party about is letting Trump be the face of the GOP party going forward, but she’s just too much of a dyed in the wool Republican to ever switch to the other party.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 05-06-2021 at 11:06 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

I don’t disagree.
    Fair.

I believe we shouldn't shirk from teaching about the negative aspects of the U.S. in schools/history curricula. But at times there also seems to be the suggestion that we should feel personal guilt for those negative things and that's something I can't bring myself to do, because I wasn't responsible for any of it and I'm not part of the demographic that's trying to keep these harmful institutions and systems going.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Question for the gurus of this forum: do we have any statistics in regards to the number of trans athletes in America? Or the number of transfolk in general? Because in all the articles I read about these GQP transgender bans or trans athlete bans, there's never any mention of numbers. The GQP view makes it seem like transfolk are popping up everywhere suddenly, whereas I kind of view their panic to pass these discriminatory laws as a solution in search of a problem.

So, not trying to reignite a debate over trans athletes, I would just like to be presented with some info regarding the trans percentage of our population.

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Question for the gurus of this forum: do we have any statistics in regards to the number of trans athletes in America? Or the number of transfolk in general? Because in all the articles I read about these GQP transgender bans or trans athlete bans, there's never any mention of numbers. The GQP view makes it seem like transfolk are popping up everywhere suddenly, whereas I kind of view their panic to pass these discriminatory laws as a solution in search of a problem.

So, not trying to reignite a debate over trans athletes, I would just like to be presented with some info regarding the trans percentage of our population.
    Lawmakers can’t cite local examples of trans girls in sports.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Thanks! That's kinda what I figured.

They are chasing ghosts, illusions of things they fear or that they think their constituents fear instead of dealing with real-world issues. The GOP is the party of delusion and confusion. The inmates are running Arkham Asylum.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    We can't go back and undo what was done.

We can only strive to make it better.

We're one of the few 1st world countries that has outright refused to apologize for our missteps.

I would start there, personally. Own our bad stuff, apologize, and make it right.
    I'd guess the reason we don't do that is because then the conversation becomes how do we attempt to right those wrongs and what does that cost? That's something (like fossil fuel dependence) that we'd rather kick down the road to another generation (preferably a few).

Most civil rights issues aren't fought to protect large groups of disenfranchised people, but to protect minority groups. The smaller the minority the less likely they are to have protections. There are some legitimate concerns with those transitioning later in life having unfair inherent physical advantages over biological female athletes. I'd be lying if I said I knew the fairest way to resolve that issue. But I also believe those on the right showing concern for it are more interested in distracting their base from real issues than actually helping anyone (other than themselves).

Thanks! That's kinda what I figured.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    They are chasing ghosts, illusions of things they fear or that they think their constituents fear instead of dealing with real-world issues. The GOP is the party of delusion and confusion. The inmates are running Arkham Asylum.
    Indeed.

It is kind of like the bathroom issue many years ago. You're more likely to be molested by a registered Republican than even SEEING a trans use a bathroom.

But the GQP has gotta clutch them pearls.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Thoughts?
    Unlikely. Cheney would either retire or become an Independent. Longtime Republicans like her just don't change sides overnight.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Thoughts?
    Absolutely not. You think Joe Manchin not supporting the end of the filibuster makes him a "DINO"? Liz Cheney would take their support, win, and then flip right back over and caucus with the motherf***ers that are booting her out right now to support corporate interests. Without hesitation, at all. She threw her own sister under the bus during a previous Senate run, she'd put a knife in Chuck Schumer's back before the handle of it got warm in her hand.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Maybe now Breyer can get the hint?

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Unlikely. Cheney would either retire or become an Independent. Longtime Republicans like her just don't change sides overnight.
    Pretty much. At best I'd compare Cheney to Justin Amash.
    Dark does not mean deep.