Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, it was pretty much a given my state would have a total nutbag like this clown. Meanwhile, oh, WBEEEEEEEE...!
    Mastriano is in the queue already, make no mistake.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Can someone give me the lowdown on what exactly happened between Israel and Palestinian?

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Can someone give me the lowdown on what exactly happened between Israel and Palestinian?
    Do you have 70 years? JK, all I know is that recently a missile was launched at Israel. And it looks like Israel just retaliated.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Do you have 70 years? JK, all I know is that recently a missile was launched at Israel. And it looks like Israel just retaliated.
    Hamas launched rockets.

Israel started executing Hamas people.

Hamas launched more rockets, this time from Iran.

Israel is (or already has) gearing up for a full-scale airstrike.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Georgia governor signs bill repealing citizen's arrest law after Ahmaud Arbery shooting

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp on Monday signed into a bill repealing a citizen's arrest law from 1863.

Why it matters: The legislation was passed in response to the shooting death of Ahmaud Arbery, a 25-year-old Black man, who Kemp said had been "a victim of vigilante-style violence that has no place in our country or our state."

Kemp said before signing the bill, House Bill 479, that the legislation "makes Georgia the first state in the country to repeal its citizen's arrest statue."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wire...rrest-77601118

https://www.axios.com/georgia-repeal...b7cba59a2.html

So Governor Kemp finally does have common sense.

Judge dismisses NRA bankruptcy filing.

TL;DR version.

When the NRA first filed, it sent out a letter saying that it was in great shape financially but that it was declaring bankruptcy so it could move to Texas and escape the unfriendly atmosphere in New York where, coincidentally, the New York AG was investigating whether the NRA had violated its status as a charity. The argument was that the long-term viability of the NRA made it necessary to move to Texas and it was fine to use the bankruptcy courts to do that.

But the judge said, "Wait a minute here ..." Since the NRA was trying to duck jurisdiction from where they committed their crimes, the judge ruled that their ridiculous bankruptcy was denied.

NRA will have to face the music now ...
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 05-11-2021 at 02:06 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Judge dismisses NRA bankruptcy filing.

TL;DR version.

When the NRA first filed, it sent out a letter saying that it was in great shape financially but that it was declaring bankruptcy so it could move to Texas and escape the unfriendly atmosphere in New York where, coincidentally, the New York AG was investigating whether the NRA had violated its status as a charity. The argument was that the long-term viability of the NRA made it necessary to move to Texas and it was fine to use the bankruptcy courts to do that.

But the judge said, "Wait a minute here ..." Since the NRA was trying to duck jurisdiction from where they committed their crimes, the judge ruled that their ridiculous bankruptcy was denied.

NRA will have to face the music now ...
    What about funneling money from Russia to help the GOP. I can't believe that is not a crime?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Is anyone here boycotting China products lately? If you buy Chinese goods, China is using your money to run the Uighur concentration camps.

I haven't bought a clothing or shoes made in China for a few years. I still have lots of clothes I can wear. All my shoes are not yet worn so I don't have to buy a new pair of shoes. The last time I bought shoes was in 2018. The last time I bought a shirt or jeans was in 2019.

If i'm going to buy a new coffee mug or cup, I would make sure it is not made in China. I haven't bought any coffee mug since 2019. Last year, I got a Starbucks mug for free as a gift from a friend.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Because, ya know, Texas doesn't have anything better to do.

Texas state lawmakers on Monday approved a bill that will ban plant-based food products and foods that do not contain meat from animals from using the terms "meat" or "beef" to describe the food on labels

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    What about funneling money from Russia to help the GOP. I can't believe that is not a crime?
    That is what the NYAG is investigating.

Part of why they wanted to move to Texas was because the state does not care if you launder money via charity (8 megachurches have been let off the hook for charges in TX). Kirbyjon Caldwell being the first one to get caught AND do time.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 05-11-2021 at 02:40 PM.

Apparently Texas lawmakers are not fans of the Ferengi axiom "Never be afraid to mislabel a product."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Georgia governor signs bill repealing citizen's arrest law after Ahmaud Arbery shooting

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp on Monday signed into a bill repealing a citizen's arrest law from 1863.

Why it matters: The legislation was passed in response to the shooting death of Ahmaud Arbery, a 25-year-old Black man, who Kemp said had been "a victim of vigilante-style violence that has no place in our country or our state."

Kemp said before signing the bill, House Bill 479, that the legislation "makes Georgia the first state in the country to repeal its citizen's arrest statue."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wire...rrest-77601118

https://www.axios.com/georgia-repeal...b7cba59a2.html

So Governor Kemp finally does have common sense.
    Glad to see it repealed, but I can't help but think that these idiots still would have tried to arrest Arbery regardless.

So is he suggesting Biden is more powerful than God?

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The question that must be asked is why didn't Beto's big surge in the 2018 Senate Race against Ted Cruz, which propelled him to national spotlight didn't lead to an increased turnout for the Dems in 2020 in Texas, while Abrams mobilized her base after defeat in 2018?

I think the answer is that Abrams kept her eyes on the prize. She stayed in Georgia and worked alongside other activists and involved herself fully in increasing voter registrations. Whereas O'Rourke was overhyped. Running Ted Cruz to a dead heat in Texas propelled unrealistic expectations about Beto and he became a national figure and put himself in the Presidential race rather that consolidating his challenge to Cruz and converting it into a valid support base for the Dems.

At least that's my two-cents. I am not saying O'Rourke did nothing, or that he wasn't involved in activism and mobilization and registration, I gather he was but I think that lack of full commitment in one region was the difference.
    It's also possible that O'Rourke was the better politician, and able to outperform the fundamentals, while Abrams lost a state later won by Biden, Ossoff and Warnock.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Foreign policy twitter makes it feel like we're in Cold War 2.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Is anyone here boycotting China products lately? If you buy Chinese goods, China is using your money to run the Uighur concentration camps.

I haven't bought a clothing or shoes made in China for a few years. I still have lots of clothes I can wear. All my shoes are not yet worn so I don't have to buy a new pair of shoes. The last time I bought shoes was in 2018. The last time I bought a shirt or jeans was in 2019.

If i'm going to buy a new coffee mug or cup, I would make sure it is not made in China. I haven't bought any coffee mug since 2019. Last year, I got a Starbucks mug for free as a gift from a friend.
    Nah, where would I stop if I started to boycott anything?