Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    "Personal favor". Call me stupid, but that says Moscow Mitch knows, if not fears something would come out in the wash if the commission goes forward that would nail his wrinkled ass to the wall. It's not even about the party anymore, it's about HIM.
    I honestly believe it has more to do with that the party as a whole will be fucked for life, not that Mitch has anything to hide.

I actually think he's pretty clean in terms of the riot itself (not the lead up though, he was complicit).
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I honestly believe it has more to do with that the party as a whole will be fucked for life, not that Mitch has anything to hide.

I actually think he's pretty clean in terms of the riot itself (not the lead up though, he was complicit).
    I understand why GQPers continue running off the cliff in droves, they need to keep Trump happy so they don't end up primaried and replaced by more rabid loons like Marjorie Trashy Greene, but what's in it for Moscow Mitch? He's in no danger of losing his position, having been recently reelected, so why keep on slurping Trump who wouldn't have given even half a **** if he had wound up strung up like Mike Pence could've been back in 1/6? It can't be ALL about the party, can it?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

As a veteran, I have no patience whatsoever for scumbags like Stovall who shamelessly prostitute the uniform like he had done. A neighbor who hates black people that support Trump and the GQP even more than I do would, to paraphrase the late, great Richard Pryor, wear out three pairs of kneecaps kicking Stovall in the ass.
    As someone who works for the VA, I get annual ethics training about what you can, and cannot do as a veteran and/or government employee while running for office. And this s*** is beyond the pale.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    How is it you still have a liver?
    I only moderately drink the pain away. Most times, I just go ahead and suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    ...the queue that never ends...

Good lord.
    Pretty much, yeah.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Woman Protests COVID-19 Vaccine By Speeding Car Through Vaccination Site

Witnesses said Virginia Brown yelled “no vaccine” while almost hitting seven people with her SUV. This is what Donald Trump, Faux News and the Qpublican Party has wrought. To be honest, I'm surprised that hasn't happened more often.
    And the media needs to report this story as it is... a domestic terror attack carried out by someone radicalized by right-wing anti-vax propaganda.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    And the media needs to report this story as it is... a domestic terror attack carried out by someone radicalized by right-wing anti-vax propaganda.
    Hmmm... I wonder if that will happen?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    "Reckless endangerment" plus "assault with a deadly weapon" will do (both charges together in one package, BTW).
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 05-27-2021 at 02:56 PM.

Former daughter-in-law of Trump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg says that he's evicting her as retribution for speaking out

Jennifer Weisselberg, the former daughter-in-law of Trump Organization Chief Financial Officer Allen Weisselberg, told CNN she was being evicted from her apartment because she has agreed to collaborate with prosecutors investigating the Trump Organization.

"Yesterday, I was served to leave my apartment within the next seven days. It's a threat," she said on CNN's "New Day" in a Thursday interview.

"They're kicking me out," she added, telling the show's host it was "because I'm not wrong about the information I'm giving."
    Jennifer Weisselberg previously said she gave prosecutors information related to her former father-in-law's tax practices as investigators worked to determine whether he, the Trump Organization, and Trump himself engaged in tax evasion or financial fraud. She has been working with prosecutors since the fall, she previously told Insider.

Through her 2018 divorce with Allen Weisselberg's eldest son, Barry, Jennifer Weisselberg came into possession of numerous financial documents related to the Trump Organization, she said. She'd given "seven boxes of documents" to prosecutors, she previously told Insider, and said they contained evidence that Allen and Barry Weisselberg committed tax crimes.
    Jennifer Weisselberg told CNN that her former father-in-law remained a guarantor on her apartment lease. She said the eviction was retribution for her cooperation with prosecutors and that she tried to speak with Allen Weisselberg about it directly, but he ignored her.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Idaho lieutenant governor bans mask mandates

BOISE, Idaho (AP) — With the governor out of the state, Idaho’s lieutenant governor issued an executive order Thursday banning mask mandates in schools and public buildings, saying the face-covering directives threatened people’s freedom.

Republican Lt. Gov. Janice McGeachin is acting governor while Gov. Brad Little is at the Republican Governors Association conference in Nashville, Tennessee. He was expected to return Thursday evening.
    Last week, McGeachin announced her run for governor, challenging the first-term incumbent Little. McGeachin is on the far right of the political spectrum in the conservative state, and her order could bolster her support as a candidate for governor.
    Little’s office said McGeachin did not make him aware that she planned to issue the executive order. The office didn’t say what Little would do when he returned, but it did say residents value local control.

“Throughout the pandemic, Governor Little has been committed to protecting the health and safety of the people of Idaho and has emphasized the importance of Idahoans choosing to protect our neighbors and loved ones and keeping our economy and schools open,” Little’s spokeswoman, Marissa Morrison, said.

Little has never issued a statewide mask mandate, but some counties, cities and schools have done so. Many have been lifting the mandates as more residents are vaccinated against COVID-19.

Top Wisconsin Republican Robin Vos hires former cops to investigate November election

MADISON - Assembly Speaker Robin Vos is hiring retired police officers to investigate aspects of the November election, joining with Republicans from around the country who have questioned President Joe Biden’s victory.

Vos, of Rochester, said he recognizes Biden narrowly won Wisconsin and is not trying to change the results with his taxpayer-funded investigation.

He said he hopes the investigators can get to the bottom of issues Republicans have raised unsuccessfully in court, such as how the state’s largest cities used more than $6 million in grants from a private group to run their elections.
    Vos in a Wednesday interview said he was giving the investigators a broad mandate to spend about three months reviewing all tips and following up on the most credible ones. In addition to the grant spending, he said they may look into claims of double voting and review how clerks fixed absentee ballot credentials.

“Is there a whole lot of smoke or is there actual fire? We just don’t know yet,” Vos said.

Ann Jacobs, a Democrat who leads the Wisconsin Elections Commission, said she was worried the investigation would undermine confidence in an election that was conducted properly.

If that asswipe is investigating the election, that means he DOESN'T recognize Biden's victory. He can't have it both ways.

I understand why GQPers continue running off the cliff in droves, they need to keep Trump happy so they don't end up primaried and replaced by more rabid loons like Marjorie Trashy Greene, but what's in it for Moscow Mitch? He's in no danger of losing his position, having been recently reelected, so why keep on slurping Trump who wouldn't have given even half a **** if he had wound up strung up like Mike Pence could've been back in 1/6? It can't be ALL about the party, can it?
    Not having the Commission saves Mitch from forever being attached as the Senate Leader that led the party over the cliff.

He wants to retire before the party dies so his legacy is "clean" ... It is very ignoble of the man with no scruples.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Not having the Commission saves Mitch from forever being attached as the Senate Leader that led the party over the cliff.

He wants to retire before the party dies so his legacy is "clean" ... It is very ignoble of the man with no scruples.
    That train left the station after the party failed to impeach Trump TWICE after it was clear he committed crimes that warranted his being kicked out of office, the 1/6 riot was merely the icing atop that foul cake. McConnell is kidding himself if he believes his legacy is in any way "clean", his refusal to support the commission is a stain that will NEVER be washed away, history will paint him as an obstructionist who sought to destroy democracy for the sake of his party.

Cena's a nice dude ... I wish more of the ire was shot at the politicians that make this our sad reality.

I did enjoy the Free Tibet jab as I was (still am) a big Free Tibet person back in the day.
    Yeah...

Unless there is anything like a credible rumor that the guy is running for office in the next few years?

News flash...

Nobody voted for the guy to fix jack.

Just a non-issue.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 05-27-2021 at 09:31 PM.

Have there been rumours that the Donald himself fixed a fair number of votes? (Or rather knows a fair number were fixed for him.)

I suggest this might be the case for 2 reasons. First...a guy who does something wrong himself will always be convinced other people behave similarly, so him being so convinced he was cheated is very consistent with him doing so himself.

And second why did his own vote go up so substantially? He’d hardly covered himself in glory in the preceding 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Have there been rumours that the Donald himself fixed a fair number of votes? (Or rather knows a fair number were fixed for him.)

I suggest this might be the case for 2 reasons. First...a guy who does something wrong himself will always be convinced other people behave similarly, so him being so convinced he was cheated is very consistent with him doing so himself.

And second why did his own vote go up so substantially?
    He’d hardly covered himself in glory in the preceding 4 years.
    This one is actually pretty "Nuts..."/"Bolts..."

Here, it kinda breaks down to "Loyal 'Dem...' Peeps..."/"Loyal 'Republican...' Peeps..."/"Folks Who Have Long Since Said That Either Of The Previous Options Can Go Play In Traffic..."

Now, let's take that second group.

While I've got to guess that some of them would have rather had a more "Business As Usual..." option?

When the Bonehead wins after they say that there is no way that he can win and does not "Immediately Drive The Economy Into A Ditch..."/"Immediately Get Us Into A War..." after the same folks swore up and down that he would?

Bonehead is probably off to a good start with those folks. Probably even some of the other two groups.

If the pandemic had not thrown him a screwball that he had no chance of hitting?

Realistic scenario where he would have won.

His vote going up substantially?

That was all but a "Gimme..."