Extraordinary Member

Mancin at least holds to a consistent narrative about himself, his goals, and his career and constituency that tries to deal with his “conservative Democrat” credentials in an honest and straightforward way.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    No, it looks like he was there.

These 11 senators skipped the Jan. 6 commission vote

I can't figure out why Murray was AWOL.

Edit: Twitter talk is saying that Murray had a family emergency. If so, bad timing but otherwise these things happen. Though she could have, possibly, asked someone to vote in her place.
    Figures Pat Toomey skipped out on the vote. And to think I mistakenly thought he had voted. I should've known better. Here in Pennsylvania, Toomey's been a gutless wonder for years, routinely refusing to meet with constituents here in the Philadelphia area because he didn't have the balls to face people who didn't like his policies. Because of that, I called Toomey "The Third Most Popular Groundhog In Pennsylvania" (behind Punxsutawney Phil and Gus, an animated critter seen in PA lottery commercials), and even though he's retiring after his current term ends, Toomey remained yellow bellied to the end. Sadly, I can guess why Toomey skipped the vote, I suspect he plans on becoming a lobbyist and doesn't want to piss off well heeled right wing donors. Revolting!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I'm guessing Manchin and Sinema are the absentee Dems.
    While the guy is an issue, why would he create a bunch of static about this very thing and then skip the vote?

He's just smart enough to know you are going to get caught with your hand in that cookie jar.

I can sort of respect how Manchin feels- he wants to think the Government still works the way it always had; I just hope this was a wake-up call that it isn't working anymore, and that the filibuster AT LEAST needs to be reformed.

Interesting note I just heard- apparently, Susan Collins was trying to do the right thing and was trying to whip votes for the commission, but McConnell shut her down. Well, I guess a stopped clock is right at least twice a day.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I can sort of respect how Manchin feels- he wants to think the Government still works the way it always had; I just hope this was a wake-up call that it isn't working anymore, and that the filibuster AT LEAST needs to be reformed.

Interesting note I just heard- apparently, Susan Collins was trying to do the right thing and was trying to whip votes for the commission, but McConnell shut her down. Well, I guess a stopped clock is right at least twice a day.
    One guy's take...

What he actually wants is the illusion of what you just mentioned so he won't get a primary from the left.

Dude wants(I suspect...) to go back to "Business As Usual..." where you do nothing, but you have the illusion that you are attempting to get things done.

Baton Rouge settles for $35,000 after officers strip search man and his 16-year-old brother

The city of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, earlier this month reached a $35,000 settlement with a man police strip searched along with his 16-year-old brother before entering their mother's home with guns drawn and without a warrant.

Clarence Green spent five months in prison after he was pulled over without explanation on New Year's Day 2020, according to a complaint he and his mother filed against the city, East Baton Rouge Parish, the Baton Rouge Police Department, and six officers one year later.

Body camera video shared with NBC News by Green's lawyer showed Green standing outside of a car with his shirt open and his pants down. The officer who was searching him pulled the elastic front strap of Green's underwear forward and looked inside, the video showed.

"You can’t do that bro," Green protested.

"I can," the officer said.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    One guy's take...

What he actually wants is the illusion of what you just mentioned so he won't get a primary from the left.

Dude wants(I suspect...) to go back to "Business As Usual..." where you do nothing, but you have the illusion that you are attempting to get things done.
    Well, after today, I'm guessing he's arrived at the realization that train left the station. At this point, Manchin's either going to have to kill the filibuster or deal with a primary, perhaps both.

I can still remember when so many of us were so happy that Krysten Sinema became the first openly bisexual US Senator a few years ago. What a disappointment she's shown herself to be. And for what? So that she can be the center of attention on C-Span or CNN?
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, after today, I'm guessing he's arrived at the realization that train left the station. At this point, Manchin's either going to have to kill the filibuster or deal with a primary, perhaps both.
    To me?

I tend to doubt that this is where he thinks that he has to finally do something.

That said, it will probably be pretty tough to keep making "We Need To Work Together..." arguments by the end of the year.

If Q loonies truly think it was Antifa who started the riot/attempted coup shouldn’t they want it investigated?

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    If Q loonies truly think it was Antifa who started the riot/attempted coup shouldn’t they want it investigated?
    That's getting out into pretty "Oddball..." territory though...

Could the goofballs in question trust that the investigation was anything like actually "On The Level...", and not a setup right from the start?

Could the goofballs in question trust that the investigation was anything like actually "On The Level...", and not a setup right from the start?
    No they could not. my aunt and her Q friends are glad this investigation is not going to happen. Because it was just a way to blame Trump and Paint Antifa and BLM as the biggest heroes in the country.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Oddball? Half of all Republicans believe January 6th was Antifa.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Oddball? Half of all Republicans believe January 6th was Antifa.
    "Oddball..." as in...

"The Reality That The Post Above Yours Just Laid Out Pretty Clearly..."

Funny thing. Qpublicans never worried that Democrats would cry foul about the dozen or so partisan investigations into Benghazi not being on the level.