Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    He can never be a cop again. Felons can not be hired as police officers. And he has to serve 2/3rds from what I understand. he will do a very long time. Unless they put him in GP which will see a lot of people gunning for him. But I see him in protective custody for the first several years while things cool off a bit. The Prison I was at had one of the few Protective custody wings in the state and that is right where cops went. Not to the temporary prison called Crc where a inmate was assessed and it was decided what prison they went to. Nope right away to PC.

And I am not sure how it was in other prisons but no way a GP inmate even sniff or sees those guys at all. If one had to go to the infirmary or Dentist the whole yard was shut down and all of us GP inmates were sent back to our cells/pods while the PC inmate was taken to where they had to go with at least 2 officers with them. They had their own rec yard, any commissary items they ordered where brought to them they could not go to the prison "Store" they had a library cart that was brought to them by an officer so they could find books. They didnt go to the mail room for packages the stuff was brought to them.

At times one PC guy will go after another but that is rare because the PC guy who goes after another loses his PC status and is put back in GP.
    It sounds like Chauvin will avoid the justice he so richly deserves while in prison. A pity. Well, if he survives the bare minimum of 14 years behind bars, Chauvin will have a bullseye on his back when he comes out as it's unlikely people will forgive or forget the evil he committed.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It sounds like Chauvin will avoid the justice he so richly deserves while in prison. A pity. Well, if he survives the bare minimum of 14 years behind bars, Chauvin will have a bullseye on his back when he comes out as it's unlikely people will forgive or forget the evil he committed.
    Its not up to any single person inmate or guard to punish Chauvin. We have a legal system. he went through that process. He was found guilty and given a sentence. If we want Chauvin to be killed behind bars because he committed murder then it would have to be okay for any person convicted of murder to be fair game. I dont want our legal system or prisons to work like that.

I was in prison. There are guards and inmates who believe it is their job to punish other inmates based of their crimes and it is the most bull shit self righteous thing and I hated it. People who dont know shit about the case or details most of the time but want payback based off the charge. In this case what he has done is known the details there but that does not make vigilante justice okay. I have heard this a lot from people all over the place. They hate murder but they advocate murder. It makes no sense.

The legal system did its job. He is in prison. Pissed it is not longer. He deserves to die in prison but not at the hands of another.
    Last edited by babyblob; 06-25-2021 at 06:05 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I just want to be clear I am in no way defending Chauvin in the least. he needs to rot in prison. But a huge peev of mine is people who have never been to prison talking about prison or talking about prison justice for happening to people going.

Unless you have lived in a hell hole like that every day for years. Unless you have lived with the after effects of things you have seen, done, or been done to you there then to be honest it is best to keep your outrage to yourself.

I have been out of prison for 7 years and I wake up at least 3 times a week because of nightmares over things that happened to me and things I have seen there. Rape, beating and yes murder from prison justice that every one here is so fond of talking about. it really sets me off.

Sorry to go off like that. End of rant. I am just going to be quiet from now on now that I have had my say. Sorry to be so dark.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

I just want to be clear I am in no way defending Chauvin in the least. he needs to rot in prison. But a huge peev of mine is people who have never been to prison talking about prison or talking about prison justice for happening to people going.

Unless you have lived in a hell hole like that every day for years. Unless you have lived with the after effects of things you have seen, done, or been done to you there then to be honest it is best to keep your outrage to yourself.

I have been out of prison for 7 years and I wake up at least 3 times a week because of nightmares over things that happened to me and things I have seen there. Rape, beating and yes murder from prison justice that every one here is so fond of talking about. it really sets me off.

Sorry to go off like that. End of rant. I am just going to be quiet from now on now that I have had my say. Sorry to be so dark.
    I think video of prison life should be mandatory and public.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    I think video of prison life should be mandatory and public.
    I agree. But people see edited things on Dateline, or a couple of Seasons of Oz and think they are legal experts who know what goes on behind the walls. I dont mean to rant like that but it gets to me every day hearing random internet guy or joe blow on the street who has never set foot in a prison talk like they know what life there is like. Even minimum prisons are pretty damn rough a lot of days.

If someone is going to ask me to 'define racism' in regards to why I think racism is a reason people voted for Trump, I'm probably not going to play that game.

Also, if 'geographic sorting' was such an explanation, Dan Crenshaw's district wouldn't need to exist and the right wouldn't be working so hard to stop anti-gerrymandering laws. 'Sorting' is just an excuse to help explain why we need to do nothing about something. Like much of conservatism, it simply seeks to explain away obvious ridiculousness in a way that states the status-quo is simply nothing we should concern ourselves with. If 'sorting' is the answer to the problem, then we have no reason to be concerned about passing anti-gerrymandering laws and should proceed post-haste with ending the practice. After all, it won't make such a difference so there's really no reason not to remove it.

Meanwhile, in Wisconsin, a 6 point popular victory creates a 27 seat majority for the GOP, which is just ridiculous.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 06-25-2021 at 07:54 PM.

Honestly, you've got nothing to be sorry about.

America being a place where the fact that "Revenge..." equals "Justice..." to many Americans is a lot of the reason that it is such a mess.

There is no possibility for actual "Justice..." here. That would involve a family getting someone that was taken from them back.

A limited degree of accountability is about as good as it gets.

Its not up to any single person inmate or guard to punish Chauvin. We have a legal system. he went through that process. He was found guilty and given a sentence. If we want Chauvin to be killed behind bars because he committed murder then it would have to be okay for any person convicted of murder to be fair game. I dont want our legal system or prisons to work like that.

I was in prison. There are guards and inmates who believe it is their job to punish other inmates based of their crimes and it is the most bull shit self righteous thing and I hated it. People who dont know shit about the case or details most of the time but want payback based off the charge. In this case what he has done is known the details there but that does not make vigilante justice okay. I have heard this a lot from people all over the place. They hate murder but they advocate murder. It makes no sense.

The legal system did its job. He is in prison. Pissed it is not longer. He deserves to die in prison but not at the hands of another.

A couple of my friends went to prison for what I regard as fairly minor offences….both in open prisons which I would have assume were fairly “comfortable” compared to large majority of prisons.

In both cases their prison experience was horrendous….way beyond society’s decreed punishment.

I agree with you completely.

I understand you, but, at the same time, understand where I'm coming from, and MY anger. As a person of color, I run a daily risk of being targeted by racist cops with an ax to grind, even though I'm a law abiding citizen, that I could be harassed by bigots in blue for no good reason, or worse, end up with a knee on my neck like George Floyd, and all because I'm NOT white. That's a terrible fear which, to some of my people, is mind numbingly pervasive and something no one who isn't black can even come close to being able to comprehend. I could give two shits what happens to Chauvin once he goes to prison, he betrayed his badge and his oath to protect the public, regardless of ethnicity by his horrific actions a year ago. I have ZERO patience with such scum and hope he dies behind bars. There! I said it! If that's misguided revenge, so be it. And that's my rant.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 06-26-2021 at 02:05 AM.

It was on this date in 2015 that "Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day" profiled Paul Blair, a radical anti-gay pastor from Oklahoma, and a big ally of State Rep. Sally Kern, who proudly spoke of her political credentials (i.e. her dedication to oppressing the LGBTQ community) at the “Rally for Sally” back in 2008. You see, he was all lathered up after she said that gays represent a bigger threat to America than terrorism (since gay rights made people like Blair and Kern victims). Blair is a former player for the Chicago Bears (and could easily be operating under the effects of long term head injuries), the pastor of Fairview Baptist Church in Edmond, Oklahoma, the founder of Reclaiming Oklahoma for Christ, head of the Reclaiming America For Christ organization. He's also appeared at an anti-hate crimes “Rally for Religious Freedom” where he and anti-gay activists vowed never to stop fighting homosexuality and challenged the Justice Department to prosecute them. Blair was the driving force behind a video called “The Criminalization of Christianity” in which he warns that hate crimes legislation is actually a “Pedophile Protection Act”, would “make it possible for a pastor to be prosecuted for doing nothing more than preaching a Biblical sermon on Sunday”. Which would be breaking a commandment about bearing false witness, because hate crime legislation does nothing to criminalize free speech (because that would be an unconstitutional violation of the 1st Amendment now, wouldn't it?) But it would seem that lying is a frequent habit of Pastor Blair, who claims he receives death threats from the gay community over his stance (that are repeatedly unfounded). And that's when Blair tried saying the unsubstantiated death threats were his motivation for making himself a 2012 candidate for the Oklahoma State Senate (endorsed by that anti-gay hate group, the Family Research Council), where he lost in the Republican Primary, earning a shockingly impressive 43% of the vote. Some of the more disturbing and/or homophobic quotes from Paul Blair's most bats*** speeches include that "The Devil is behind gay rights and gay culture", before whining how America has gone from "Ozzie and Harriet to Desperate Housewives" and "from True Grit to Brokeback Mountain", claiming that the “communists” are trying to “inculcate homosexual values, or lack of values, into the American culture” in order “to destroy the family” and create “a global utopia", adding that "Satan is the source and ultimate conspirator” behind “the force of communism, the force of the radical homosexual agenda, the secularist movement in America.", and of course, comparing his battle against gay marriage to be similar to “the fight against slavery and Nazi Germany”.

It was originally in July of 2014, and then on this date in both 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, as well as 2020, that “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day” presented profiles of the sitting U.S. House Representative from Wyoming’s At-Large Congressional District, Liz Cheney, the carpet-bagging daughter of former Vice-President Dick Cheney who after spending several years during President Obama’s first term as a Fox News Correspondent fomenting fear and anger towards Muslims to try and justify bigotry towards Muslim Americans, the use of torture in the War on Terror, and to keep our troops in combat in the Middle East, even if it means going to war into completely new quagmires there. She has defended the paranoid ramblings of Birther conspiracy theorists, rallied against the “Ground Zero Mosque” (that was actually an Islamic cultural center located blocks away), and had said that Republican obstructionism of any Democratic effort to do anything was “patriotism”. But the real comedy started once Liz Cheney challenged Senator Mike Enzi, where her campaign took one disastrous turn after another, from being caught falsifying information on her Wyoming hunting license application (to try and make it look like she was a resident for longer than she was), having her husband caught on voter rolls in both Virginia and Wyoming, when she attacked the print media for investigating her carpet-bagging by saying, “newspapers are dying, and that’s not a bad thing”, to ending up feuding with her own sister-in-law on Facebook after she reversed her stance on gay marriage. It was a comedy of errors. When we first created our Liz Cheney entry, back around July of 2014, we wondered if she would ever re-emerge to try for another run in politics. A year passed, and we had no new updates in 2015… but Liz learned so much from her first run for office that she managed to send out a Facebook post to announce her run for office, it was listed from… Alexandria, Virginia, in the home she supposedly left to go back and live in Wyoming and totally not be a carpet-bagger.

Name recognition helped Liz Cheney get a victory over EIGHT other Republicans in the GOP Primary for her House seat, and in a state that leans as far right as Wyoming, she coasted to victory in November of 2016. Afterwards, she also hasn’t hesitated in making some headlines for being an awful human being. Whether it’s her eagerness in killing endangered wolves, her completely partisan insults directed at Barack Obama while he was leaving office, or her desire to get the Trump administration the ability to start torturing detainees at Guantanamo Bay, Cheney still has still demonstrated that she’s a hollow puppet being used by her father to continue his twisted policies in the world. However, Liz also shows that she’s not smart enough to pick the right horse, as she excitedly posted to Twitter her support for Donald Trump when he fired the FBI Director James Comey, writing, “Best. Termination. Letter. Ever.

Considering it was this move that those who could see the basics of cause and effect in Washington, D.C. knew could be a potential impeachment charge for Trump because of how obstruction of justice works. Liz immediately rushed to delete her own post once the media reported on her reaction, but it’s far too late for her to pretend it didn’t happen now, and it just became her latest political misstep. But she still isn’t above friendly fire with members of her party, as she is willing to accuse even fellow Republicans like Rand Paul of “sympathizing with terrorists” for opposing Haspel, it should be interesting if she’s not too craven to debate Miller.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Over the past 18 months, we’ve noted Cheney doing the following:

Liz Cheney saw Donald Trump and his cronies trying to start The Big Lie after he lost the 2020 election, and stopped playing along with them regarding seditious rhetoric. Then Trump incited an attack on Congress on January 6th, 2021, and she was one of the few to show any spine, voting to certify the election results, voting to impeach Trump for his role in the insurrection, and expecting our nation’s security apparatus to investigate it to hold those responsible accountable. For that, she was abandoned by GOP leadership to the biggest loons in her party, and removed from her leadership post in the House. The Wyoming GOP also censured her and a number of Republicans back home are plotting to knock her off in the 2022 Republican Primary for her seat.

We’re not throwing dirt on her grave yet. We will, however, state that her doing the right thing in regards to Donald Trump so late in the game does not negate that she is an awful piece of work and we have not forgotten her bigotry or hyperbolic attacks on her political opponents prior to this year. If she’s gone from office come 2023, we will not be shedding any tears.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Liz Cheney saw Donald Trump and his cronies trying to start The Big Lie after he lost the 2020 election, and stopped playing along with them regarding seditious rhetoric. Then Trump incited an attack on Congress on January 6th, 2021, and she was one of the few to show any spine, voting to certify the election results, voting to impeach Trump for his role in the insurrection, and expecting our nation’s security apparatus to investigate it to hold those responsible accountable. For that, she was abandoned by GOP leadership to the biggest loons in her party, and removed from her leadership post in the House. The Wyoming GOP also censured her and a number of Republicans back home are plotting to knock her off in the 2022 Republican Primary for her seat.
    And yet, Cheney voted AGAINST the commission to investigate the Capitol Riot. What am I missing here?

And yet, Cheney voted AGAINST the commission to investigate the Capitol Riot. What am I missing here?
    The results of the investigation are going to be damning for the GQP. I was reading a Twitter thread today that noted former Trump flack and Republican Congressional candidate Katrina Pierson (or as you have come to know her, WPP, "Bullet Bitch") was contacted in e-mails from Ali Alexander... who after 1/6 has confirmed the "Stop the Steal" folks were in contact with Biggs, Gosar, Brooks, and more. Those e-mails indicate that Alexander specifically made it a point to recruit the criminal element of the Capitol Attack. He specifically reached out to the Proud Boys, the 3% crowd, and the Oath Keepers. He specifically was pulling people in who were known white nationalists, racists, and criminals.

Pierson KNEW what was being planned, who was coming, and what they were likely to try. And she did NOT contact law enforcement when Alexander is telling her he's bringing a bunch of racist extremists looking to go to war that day.

Ah, here's the thread laid out in one ProPublica article. And note, it also seems to tell the story that the threat of "Stop the Steal" was directly kicked up the chain to White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, who also did nothing with the knowledge that an unpermitted march with criminals, racists, and militia groups would result from Trump's speech at the "Women for Trump" (that gathering, at least had a permit) was going to happen.

They knew. The Trump White House knew.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 06-26-2021 at 04:00 AM.

Whats amazing is for all of her talk of standing up to Trump and his backer and cronies she fell into line with them pretty damn quick when it came to the Jan 6th commission.

Voting down the commission, blocking the voting rights act like the GOP has I cant think of one member of that party with any shred of integrity right now.