Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Ivanka and Jared made over $143 million over the four years her father was President.
    They did it from offices in the White House with unsecured personal email servers and cell phones.
    But, hey “Hunter Biden’s laptop!” and all that.
    If Kushner rolls over on Trump, he's gonna return the favor and dish on s*** that went down between Jared and Prince bin-Salman of Saudi Arabia around say, the time of the Kashoggi killing and other inconvenient deals that may have been made.

Like, if they turn on each other in a panic, they're all so, so f***ed.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Ivanka and Jared made over $143 million over the four years her father was President.
    They did it from offices in the White House with unsecured personal email servers and cell phones.
    But, hey “Hunter Biden’s laptop!” and all that.
    Indeed.

And Ivanka was paid the same way the other guy was, too ...

I still think Jared flips first.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Jared and Donald Trump may have been cut from the same cloth, but their relationship has been unraveling for quite some time. If Jared was given a choice between saving himself and Ivanka from jail or poverty by turning on Daddy Trump, or staying Loyal nd keeping his mouth shut, I bet he would be squeaking like a rat to the DA's Office in no time.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

I don't want to rain on parades, even if they're harmless daydreams, but slippery s##ts like the Trumps live on squeezing out of predicaments like this. He hasn't made and lost fortunes, gone bankrupt and had failed business after failed business only to fall into a better situation, out of sheer luck. I'll believe otherwise when I see it, but for now I'm assuming best case they're living in Russia in a few years as honored guests of Putin (which keeps him out of the White House, may be hoping for too much).

I’m curious how much Melanie knows and what she’d reveal if pressed.
    Given her husband’s infidelity she seems the weakest link in the loyalty chain.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    I don't want to rain on parades, even if they're harmless daydreams, but slippery s##ts like the Trumps live on squeezing out of predicaments like this. He hasn't made and lost fortunes, gone bankrupt and had failed business after failed business only to fall into a better situation, out of sheer luck. I'll believe otherwise when I see it, but for now I'm assuming best case they're living in Russia in a few years as honored guests of Putin (which keeps him out of the White House, may be hoping for too much).
    Honestly, I almost hope the Trump's do relocate to Russia. It would create it's own downpour on the Trump worshipers and save the US the trouble of proving that Trump is a traitor.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I'm inclined to agree. Trump is more Teflon than John Gotti, the orange one has escaped all sorts of consequences, and not just his misadventures in politics where, in a perfect world, he never would've made it past the first debate in 2016, never mind winning the presidency. Trump avoided impeachment twice and hasn't been called to task for the part he played in the Capitol Riot, thanks in part to cowardly Qpublicans who killed the 1/6 commission, choosing to kiss up to him because they needed the support of his base. Until I actually see Trump in a courtroom, I'm going to assume he'll skate out of this mess as well.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I’m curious how much Melanie knows and what she’d reveal if pressed.
    Given her husband’s infidelity she seems the weakest link in the loyalty chain.
    Melania renegotiated her prenup not that long ago. I'm sure she got more favorable conditions for herself on the condition that she not say anything to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I'm inclined to agree. Trump is more Teflon than John Gotti, the orange one has escaped all sorts of consequences, and not just his misadventures in politics where, in a perfect world, he never would've made it past the first debate in 2016, never mind winning the presidency. Trump avoided impeachment twice and hasn't been called to task for the part he played in the Capitol Riot, thanks in part to cowardly Qpublicans who killed the 1/6 commission, choosing to kiss up to him because they needed the support of his base. Until I actually see Trump in a courtroom, I'm going to assume he'll skate out of this mess as well.
    I honestly don't think he can skate much longer. He's never been in this much deep do-do as he is in now.

This is Trump dealing with his current legal issues

Only Trump ends up in the hole and can't get out.
    Last edited by Tami; 07-06-2021 at 01:47 PM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Melania renegotiated her prenup not that long ago. I'm sure she got more favorable conditions for herself on the condition that she not say anything to anyone.
    Short of having a gun put to her head (and perhaps not even then), Melania won't risk her prenup by ratting on Donald.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Hospital in Springfield, Missouri, runs out of ventilators as COVID cases ravage the area

A hospital in Springfield, Missouri, ran out of ventilators for its patients over the Fourth of July weekend as the area, right in the middle of a COVID-19 hot spot, deals with a rise in cases.

On Monday, Mercy Springfield hospital officials reported that more ventilators had arrived, a second COVID-19 ICU unit was opened and that more respiratory therapists are needed to help the “tired” ones working now.

Situations like that, public health officials say, are avoidable if people would get vaccinated.

Ultimate Member

True, but they managed to squeeze out of situations like this because they were never worth the time and effort it would have taken to bring them to heel.

Now?

He staged an attempted coup. That alone should put a bullseye on him.

Now he's not up against lawyers with limited budgets and other cases, he's up against institutions who can grind away on him 24/7. If nothing else, he's in for a death of a thousand cuts.

Teen heading to the military raised $38,000 by cutting off his 19-inch Afro. He gave the money to help kids with cancer.

Ever since Kieran Moïse was a child, he stood out for his hair — a stunning Afro that stood high and wide above his head. For the past six years, Kieran opted to not cut or trim his impressive curls.

But when it was time to cut his hair because he was joining the United States Air Force Academy, Kieran, 17, figured that if his hair could no longer be big, at least the event could be: He invited the community in Huntsville, Ala., to watch him get his 19-inch curls shorn off in a charity drive to benefit kids with cancer. Hundreds participated, and his haircut raised $38,000.

“My son has always had a huge heart,” said Kelly Moïse, 49. “He was determined that if he was going to have to get a haircut anyway, then he should pay it forward in a way that would help as many people as possible.”
    Kieran lost a close friend to cancer when he was in eighth grade, she said, so he decided his fundraiser would benefit two causes:

He set a goal to raise $1,000 per inch for his Afro and give the proceeds to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis, she said. Then he planned to donate his curls to Children With Hair Loss, a Michigan nonprofit that provides free human hair wigs to children and young adults with medically related hair loss.

Kieran is now at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs and, by military policy, is not allowed to communicate with the outside world for another month or so, his mom said. But she said he hopes his story will inspire others to do what he did after getting his first haircut in about six years.

New Jersey man caught on video in racist rant attempts Olympic-worthy backpedaling

A New Jersey man who called his Black neighbor a "monkey" and used the n-word on video Friday also provided his address with the challenge to “come see me.” As of Monday evening, some 150 protesters answered the challenge in Mount Laurel at the door of the racist, who police identified as Edward Cagney Mathews, The Philadelphia Inquirer initially reported. “We want Edward!” they yelled in Black Lives Matter shirts.

The police apparently wanted Mathews too. They made a path to arrest him then hauled the handcuffed man away in a police cruiser. He faces charges of fourth-degree bias intimidation and trespassing, police said in a statement posted on Facebook Monday.

John Gotti, the teflon Don, died in prison. Trump is guilty as hell, it's just the will to prosecute him.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!