Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Can I point out that a big part of Cuba's problems is our immoral embargo against the country.
    It is there solely for getting votes from FL Cubans.
    Why would the embargo make a difference now? The embargo's been in place since the Eisenhower administration.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Thanks for the info! And I had forgotten about the New Hampshire primary, which I'm sure will be crazy but I find it kind of exciting if I'm able to relocate there.
    One weird thing you might have to put up with is crackpot candidates running for President.

For every Kamala Harris you see, there are going to be people who got on the ballot who have no shot at a major party nomination, but are going to show up at diners anyway, with more free time than the standard Senator.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    DeSantis is, of course, a fascist.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-...m_npd_ms_tw_ma

I mean, who's surprsied?

Gee, unequal treatment for conservative protestors over left-leaning ones for the same acts. A key component of fascism and authoritarian behavior.
    First, I'm glad to see people here embracing the concept that rules should be applied evenly.

This wouldn't make DeSantis a fascist, although in this particular case, it isn't his jurisdiction. Local authorities made these decisions.

On Thursday, DeSantis did tell protesters not to block traffic.

https://www.mysuncoast.com/2021/07/1...block-traffic/

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Another day another crazy theory from my aunt.

Biden is using the military to fly illegal immigrants all over the country to different states. The goal is to flood all 50 states with a large Latino population so in 2024 they can all vote for Dems in the election. He is also sending the navy to stop and sink all refuges coming out of Cuba so they can not vote for the GOP. To date there have been over 2 million Illegals that have secretly transported across the country since Biden took office with memos saying he wants to transport over ten million in his term.

Her source is super legit. A guy on Twitter who claims to have proof and copies of the memos but is currently in hiding because Biden's Secret Service is trying to kill him.
    Has she addressed why no TV or radio host she likes is on this story? How come none of the hundreds of military personnel involved is telling people what's going on?
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 07-17-2021 at 10:01 AM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Biden is using the military to fly illegal immigrants all over the country to different states. The goal is to flood all 50 states with a large Latino population so in 2024 they can all vote for Dems in the election. He is also sending the navy to stop and sink all refuges coming out of Cuba so they can not vote for the GOP. To date there have been over 2 million Illegals that have secretly transported across the country since Biden took office with memos saying he wants to transport over ten million in his term.

Her source is super legit. A guy on Twitter who claims to have proof and copies of the memos but is currently in hiding because Biden's Secret Service is trying to kill him.
    Conservatives are crazy. They think the dems stole the vote but they think more Americans prefer trump because pro trump videos on Twitter and YouTube have more likes. I can't wait to see how psychologists are going to analyze this generation of conservatives in the future.

So he has proof, including memos, but he can't show us that proof because he's in hiding. Typical conspiracy theory: long on motive, short on evidence.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Has she addressed why no TV or radio host she likes is on this story? How come none of the hundreds of military personnel involved is telling people what's going on?
    I did. And since you also asked this I will give you the answer she gave me.

Asking this question shows that most Americans do not understand that networks like CNN, MSNBC, CBS, PBS, and even BBC America are all PR machines for Biden and the Dems who are using the air waves to brainwash the next generation and other people who watch using sound waves that lower people's guard and makes them more willing to accept ideas they are being told. They dont tell people what Biden is really doing because these same sound waves would make people more willing to believe the truth about the bad things he is doing and everyone would turn against Biden and there would be a civil war.

On the civil war front and why no Military member is talking about this is because Biden in the time he has been in office has been placing people 100 percent Loyal to him in key areas of the government, Military, and law enforcement. These people are members of the military but also plants from Antifa and the dreaded BLM movements. There have been a few who have spoken out but have been dealt with. Didnt you notice the number of strange "Training accidents." that have killed several military members? Or the number of people who have died of Covid that have had government jobs?

I took the advice of WBE a couple weeks ago and canceled Fox News in this house. (I did this before but felt bad about censorship and put it back) I have not made that mistake again. I have also changed our wifi password to keep her from going onto crazy sites and such. but she has her smartphone and tablet so she has her own internet and talks like crazy to her friends. I dont know how many GOP members have this theory that she does but her friends do.

I wont have to deal with it much longer. I have given her till the end of the month to move out. I told her this last month that she has until the end of July because I can not deal with it any more. Not just her crazy views but everything. She has been packing and has a place to go. So I am going to be done with this **** at he end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    So he has proof, including memos, but he can't show us that proof because he's in hiding. Typical conspiracy theory: long on motive, short on evidence.
    Yes he has to stay in hiding so he is not found but he has a Twitter account which I am guessing the government has no way of tracking to you know take him out to protect their plan.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Why would the embargo make a difference now? The embargo's been in place since the Eisenhower administration.
    Since Kennedy.

But Trump made things worse with stiffer snactions, afte Obama opening things up. And they are particularly vulnerable now due to the pandemic. So the embargo adds an extra layer of hardships on the Cuban people.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...tests-1195720/

In 2019, the Trump administration put in place measures that attempted to weaken the Cuban economy further, instituting a new cap on the amount of money that families in the U.S. can send their relatives in Cuba and undoing an Obama administration move that removed the cap. Cuban foreign ministry official Johana Tabalada told the AFP earlier this year that the 240 measures taken by the Trump administration against Cuba have cost the country $20 billion.

And, in his final week in office, Trump put Cuba back on the State Department’s list of state sponsors of terrorism.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Only 45% of Republicans trust Science. Is it any wonder their Party elects idiots and fools.

How anyone who claims to be logical or reasonable can still support this Party is beyond me.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/352397/...-diverges.aspx
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

His main concerns were that the sight of his twenty car motorcade leaving would serve to vindicate the rioters, and that if he were to leave the Capitol, it would delay the certification of the election.

https://www.newsweek.com/mike-pence-...t-book-1610326
    Doesn't sound that cut and dry.

https://www.politicalflare.com/2021/...nown-officers/

Sounds like their were a lot of trust issues with the Secret Service.

Prosecutors said a Capitol rioter left a probation officer an obscene voicemail. Now, his bail has been revoked.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/january...ene-voicemail/

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The whole damn day was just one raging, out of control clusterfuck. It's a miracle the country survived it. Can't wait for the inevitable books about 1/6 and the made-for-TV adaptations to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Prosecutors said a Capitol rioter left a probation officer an obscene voicemail. Now, his bail has been revoked.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/january...ene-voicemail/
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

If this is true, that Pence decided to put his own safety in jeopardy in order to complete the vote certification, then I have to admit that Mike Pence is capable of at least one brave act. Make no mistake, I still disagree 100% with him on his politics, but on this one specific occasion, he showed some bravery.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    If this is true, that Pence decided to put his own safety in jeopardy in order to complete the vote certification, then I have to admit that Mike Pence is capable of at least one brave act. Make no mistake, I still disagree 100% with him on his politics, but on this one specific occasion, he showed some bravery.
    Pfft! The blind squirrel finds the occasional acorn. I think I read somewhere that, despite what happened on 1/6, Pence hasn't cut ties with Trump, even though The Former Guy would've looked the other way while his VP risked getting strung up if the Capitol mob had gotten their hands on him.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Pfft! The blind squirrel finds the occasional acorn. I think I read somewhere that, despite what happened on 1/6, Pence hasn't cut ties with Trump, even though The Former Guy would've looked the other way while his VP risked getting strung up if the Capitol mob had gotten their hands on him.
    This! Before Trump left office Pence was still hanging onto him and defending him. Still does n some level.

If he was really brave he would have called out Trump and the crazies on the major crime that happened but to date he has not. At least not that I have seen. Not in a strong way.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Republican governor says anti-vaccine rhetoric is ‘killing people’ and denounces ‘propaganda’

The Republican governor of Utah on Thursday decried “propaganda” spread against coronavirus vaccines, warning that those discouraging immunization are “killing people.”

“We have these — these talking heads who have gotten the vaccine and are telling other people not to get the vaccine,” Gov. Spencer Cox said in response to a reporter’s question about anti-vaccine rhetoric coming in large part from the political right. “That kind of stuff is just, it’s ridiculous. It’s dangerous, it’s damaging, and it’s killing people. I mean, it’s literally killing their supporters. And that makes no sense to me.”

Cox’s sharp words at a news conference came as some lawmakers and other prominent Republicans fan doubts about the coronavirus vaccines or speak about them with outright hostility, framing efforts to promote the shots as unwelcome incursions from big government.
    Asked about anti-vaccine messages Thursday, Cox said that they are “harmful” and that “it does concern me deeply.” He said he sees the coronavirus vaccines as a key accomplishment of the Trump administration and believes the herculean effort to develop them in less than a year will go down as “one of the greatest achievements of medicine in human history.”
    “I don’t think we can take credit for getting the vaccine and then tell people that there’s something wrong with the vaccine,” Cox said Thursday.

He used the news conference to plead with residents — again — to get their shots. “We know why the cases are going up. We know why hospitalizations are going up. And it’s just because we need more people to get vaccinated.”

Cox is not the only Republican official to express frustration over vaccine messaging from the right. Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) this week said that “politicizing vaccinations is moronic” and asked aloud why supporters of Trump are resistant.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

This! Before Trump left office Pence was still hanging onto him and defending him. Still does n some level.

If he was really brave he would have called out Trump and the crazies on the major crime that happened but to date he has not. At least not that I have seen. Not in a strong way.
    The reason dujour for Pence's reticence to fully denounce Trump is that he fears repercussions from his psychotic base. If those lunatics were unhinged enough to storm the Capitol Building six months ago, what's to stop them from issuing death threats against Pence for daring to diss their dear leader?

Well now, the GQP leadership definitely won't like one of their own straying off the reservation, publicly expressing concern about the people instead of the party.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The reason dujour for Pence's reticence to fully denounce Trump is that he fears repercussions from his psychotic base. If those lunatics were unhinged enough to storm the Capitol Building six months ago, what's to stop them from issuing death threats against Pence for daring to diss their dear leader?.
    There are many politicians that have denounced Trump and did so even if there is a threat to their safety. Pence isnt worried for his life or the life of his family. He is worried about the safety of his political career. If he took a hard line stance on Trump he couldnt back track it and spin it later when he wanted the votes of these nut jobs.

He is not a brave man. He is more worried about is future in the GOP. That is why he didnt say **** after he and his family were threatened.