But we all know who the true genius of weaponizing umbrellas was.

X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

Roberta from Black Lagoon was able to hide an entire combat shotgun in one. That takes some serious talent.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I don't know who this is or where this took place, but it's rare for me to feel proud of being a Montanan. I felt proud watching this Montana man telling off Tucker Carlson:

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/s...29191815798785

Can anyone get more info? Is Carlson in my state right now?
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Ultimate Member

Hell it was insane BEFORE the rally.

Setting the stage: It's been raining for two straight days in the Phoenix area, which is not typical of the weather. But... picture what happens when a bunch of entitled Trump supporters roll down out of the rich parts of Scottsdale, and the far ends of the hick parts of town to go to this rally (venue holds 5,000, but attendance didn't even fill it)... picture those people turning up with umbrellas, and their reaction when security tells them they're considered possible weapons that can be used against the ex-president, so they have to throw them away before entering the place to get in.

So much entitled rage. And, sadly, wasted umbrellas. These people are dumb enough to risk dying of Covid-19 by going maskless at a Trump rally while unvaccinated, they're willing to sacrifice an umbrella for Dear Leader, but they're gonna bitch about it.
    In contrast, when Biden was in VA, they actually did NOT shut down a major street for security. I actually drove past, and was later stunned to learn that the rally I passed was for Biden.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

I think Pelosi naming Adam Kinzinger and Liz Cheney to the Jan 6 commission is a good move.

It makes the commission bipartisan and also draws a line to what is acceptable in a democracy. Who knows, maybe it will inspire some less crazy conservatives to primary GQP crazies.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

So, dare we hope that the Kavanaugh cover-up story has legs?

https://www.reuters.com/legal/govern...gh-2021-07-22/
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    I don't know who this is or where this took place, but it's rare for me to feel proud of being a Montanan. I felt proud watching this Montana man telling off Tucker Carlson:

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/s...29191815798785

Can anyone get more info? Is Carlson in my state right now?
    Watch Man Confront Tucker Carlson in Montana: “You Are the Worst Human Being”

Fox News host Tucker Carlson got a lot more than he bargained for when he walked into a store in Livingston, Montana to stock up on gear for a fly fishing trip. While in the store he was confronted by a local fly fishing guide, Dan Bailey, who apparently didn’t want to miss the opportunity to give the Fox News host a piece of his mind. “Dude, you are the worst human being known to mankind,” Bailey can be heard saying in the video. “I want you to know that.” Carlson kept his voice down and only replied “I appreciate that.” The video quickly went viral.

The 22-second video starts when the confrontation had already started and it seems Bailey is talking to Carlson about something related to his stance on vaccines. It appears Carlson at one point asks him to keep in mind he is with his child. “I don’t care, man,” Bailey replies. He went on to say: “What you have done to this state, to the United States, to everyone else in this world. What you have done to families, what you have done to everybody else in this world. I don’t care that your daughter is here. What you’ve done to people’s families…” Carlson keeps whispering and replies: “Settle down, son.” Bailey tells Carlson to not call him son, but the Fox News host walks away and that’s where the video ends.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I think Pelosi naming Adam Kinzinger and Liz Cheney to the Jan 6 commission is a good move.

It makes the commission bipartisan and also draws a line to what is acceptable in a democracy. Who knows, maybe it will inspire some less crazy conservatives to primary GQP crazies.
    Pelosi appoints Republican Rep. Kinzinger to Jan. 6 committee

I guess it's official

WASHINGTON — House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has added Republican Rep. Adam Kinzinger, an outspoken Trump critic, to the House select committee charged with investigating the Jan. 6 attack, she said in a statement on Sunday.

"I swore an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution — and while this is not the position I expected to be in or sought out, when duty calls, I will always answer," Kinzinger said in a statement announcing he accepted the appointment.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

That is a reasonable response and a reasonable statement.

But to the QOP and Trump cult Liz is GOP in name inly and may as well be a Dem and Pelosi's lap dog at this point. Same with Kinzinger. So you, I, and many on this board see it as Bipartisan all the QOP will see is "Is she really wanted to be fair why is Green not on the commission? Why are so many of our people not on it. They want they truth as much as anyone." Even though all the ones bitching about being left off the commission are the same ones that voted against it in the first place.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post

But to the QOP and Trump cult Liz is GOP in name inly and may as well be a Dem and Pelosi's lap dog at this point. Same with Kinzinger. So you, I, and many on this board see it as Bipartisan all the QOP will see is "Is she really wanted to be fair why is Green not on the commission? Why are so many of our people not on it. They want they truth as much as anyone." Even though all the ones bitching about being left off the commission are the same ones that voted against it in the first place.
    At least history books (besides those found in Texas) will show that there were indeed Republicans taking part in the investigation.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post

I'm sure the buffoons on Faux News have already called Cheney and Kinzinger RINO's (or, in my case, QINO'S), and heaven only knows what sort of insults The Former Guy dreamed up for them. But, there's no denying that this panel is bipartisan, Craven Kevin can whine all he wants about not getting any of his lackeys like Gym Jordan installed, but that's immaterial at this point. The sooner the commission gets to work, the better.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

So, dare we hope that the Kavanaugh cover-up story has legs?

https://www.reuters.com/legal/govern...gh-2021-07-22/
    Probably not.

Every Senator received a copy of the FBI's report at the time.

The number of tips matters mainly if you think a good number were useful, but anyone who had information on Kavanaugh was well-aware they could bring it to the media or to Democratic officeholders.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I think part of the problem is an unwillingness by some liberals to admit that they understand where conservative arguments come from. There's this notion from some on the left that understanding equals endorsement. So they send out e-mails screaming "You won't believe what <conservative mouthpiece> said today!" or "You'll be shocked by what <random Republican Congresswoman> did!" No, I do believe it and I'm not shocked. We don't have to time to waste being shocked. We know why they do it. We know why they say it. Getting inside their heads won't corrupt us. But it is the first step toward defeating them.
    This probably won't help you, but I do agree with you.

An unwillingness to see where others are coming from isn't limited to the left. Many on the right would also be suspicious of people who could articulate left-wing viewpoints.

One issue is that if you can understand someone's best arguments, you can understand why the strawman version is inaccurate. Anyone whose understanding of a position is limited to the strawman is going to have a different frame of reference for any politics discussion, and that's going to result in people talking past one another. There's a tendency for some people to want to be on the right side of the issue, rather than to care about the facts of a specific question, so they'll view every question as a proxy for whether a side is correct.

If you can articulate the other side's argument, you're often going to be able to explain why someone who is very unpopular with your side has a point, which goes against the rhetorical strategy of going after the person rather than the argument. A right-wing version would be claiming that if Bernie Sanders believes something, he has to be wrong. But a good politician or commentator would be able to note when the other side is wrong.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Dammit, WBE. You beat me to the punch. Of course, I was going to use this version:

Watching television is not an activity.

When conservative reporters ask Pelosi about Kinzinger and Cheney being RINOs, she should just play dumb about it. "RINOs? What is that? I've never heard that term before."
    Watching television is not an activity.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I did like Tucker getting nervous and trying to get away after the guy clearly scared him.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.