Page 211 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 1111612012072082092102112122132142152212613117111211 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by Maine Starfish View Post
    yeah I don’t think Klobuchar is a good pick either. Policy wise Warren is my top pick. Though again some I’m just not familiar at all with like the mayor of Atlanta
    I'm not so sure about Warren even though she was the person I liked most in the primary (although I couldn't vote for her being registered as 3rd party). In addition to her age is the fact that she would have a replacement chosen by a Republican for up to 6 months - and you just know they would insist on all 6. Those would be the 6 months Biden would need the most to get anything done, the 6 months when his political capital is likely at his highest. Losing Warren in the Senate could be a disaster - it's going to be close no matter what, and I'd hate to see the political appointee who replaces her for those 6 months be the vote that enables Mitchocrite McConnel to keep his job.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Spectacular Member Maine Starfish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I'm not so sure about Warren even though she was the person I liked most in the primary (although I couldn't vote for her being registered as 3rd party). In addition to her age is the fact that she would have a replacement chosen by a Republican for up to 6 months - and you just know they would insist on all 6. Those would be the 6 months Biden would need the most to get anything done, the 6 months when his political capital is likely at his highest. Losing Warren in the Senate could be a disaster - it's going to be close no matter what, and I'd hate to see the political appointee who replaces her for those 6 months be the vote that enables Mitchocrite McConnel to keep his job.
    That’s a good point about the senate, I know some refer to Gov. Baker as a New England republican but yeah I don’t buy that at all. Just like Collins here in Maine, they like to talk about their bipartisanship but the reality is that they side with Trump 99 percent of the time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    There isn't much confirmation on twitter, either.

It's more wishful thinking.

This moment does seem to reflect a weird homophobic attitude that someone who isn't conventionally masculine has to be gay, and then also into weirder stuff.
    Um, what’s the weird part?

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The Senate is arguably just as important as the White House. With all due respect to her as a candidate they would be insane to lose her.

That’s a good point about the senate, I know some refer to Gov. Baker as a New England republican but yeah I don’t buy that at all. Just like Collins here in Maine, they like to talk about their bipartisanship but the reality is that they side with Trump 99 percent of the time.
    I'm sure he's bipartisan on the state level. But it isn't worth the risk on the national one.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Mayor de Blasio, Open Your Eyes. The Police Are Out of Control.

De Blasio is seeing his last term as mayor, his performance is very poor.
    Blasio is pretty much done. He's getting hammered on all sides for both not stopping the looting, not keeping the police in check, and not handling the coronavirus. Though arguably anyone in his position would struggle, he's just not getting results anyone is happy with.

BANNED

I just saw a talking head on tv bemoan the fact that “innocent people” are getting caught up in the protests now and it’s this line of thinking that really shits me. Where was your concern for black Americans being murdered by the police? There’s this insidious implication that victims of police brutality before the protests were never really “innocent.”

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The worst thing is how none of them even tried to help him once they saw he was on the ground and bleeding. (one seemed to radio it in, but that's the bare minimum human response)
    That’s the part gets me.

None of them could even help that poor old man.

I’m not sure what kind of training some of these cops for, quite clearly a lot of them have sociopathic tendencies.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

If there hadn’t been video, that cop would’ve gotten away with what he had done. Disgusting!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

yeah I don’t think Klobuchar is a good pick either. Policy wise Warren is my top pick. Though again some I’m just not familiar at all with like the mayor of Atlanta
    Klobuchar's chances went up in smoke when she was linked to Officer Chauvin, I'd say. Kind of makes her too risky to put on the national stage right now.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I agree, it is a tragic loss. But its a consequence of police who abuse their authority and have for years.

I understand the rage that leads to looting. It's far easier to empathize with, than the police brutality that spawned it.

But I don't, and the BLM buddys I've seen, don't condone the actions of any of the looters.

People seem to act as if understanding and condoning are one in the same.
    Yeah, but it's members of the black and brown communities who will suffer those consequences for a generation as opposed to the 4 or 5 cops who might lose their jobs/go to jail. Then you have wanna-be anarchists and right wing crazies deliberately trying to provoke war, it doesn't help the cause.

And I know that the majority of BLM protesters don't condone rioting/looting ( I've even seen some young people stopping the looting), but it only takes a few bad actors to wreck a neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Klobuchar's chances went up in smoke when she was linked to Officer Chauvin, I'd say. Kind of makes her too risky to put on the national stage right now.
    She has deeper ties, too, like failing to prosecute one of the 4 previously.

She is done/
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    I feel like this is sort of an indication of why simply opening more minority owned businesses isn't truly a path to economic self sufficiency, because they remain forever at the mercy of white capital, and any investment can be withdrawn the minute that the colored folks start getting too uppity. No amount of hard work or perseverance is ever going to make up the racial wealth gap in this country, and until this disparity is addressed then minority owned businesses are always going to be the first to fall in any crisis, and the last to be built back up in the recovery.
    The problem there is getting the revenue as a black person to invest in those businesses in the first place. Of course it's not impossible, but recently where was just a story on the radio about how one bank in a white neighborhood gives more loans than all the banks in a black neighborhood combined. Plus many times the insurance a business has to pay will be much higher if it's in a black neighborhood. It's not strictly racial, but race plays a part in the perceptions of the people who control finances.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    She has deeper ties, too, like failing to prosecute one of the 4 previously.

She is done/
    In the Veepstakes, yes. I think her career will go on, but she is likely to get called out on this link the next time she's up for re-election in a primary. That's going to be in 2024... she might survive it after four years have passed. If it was this November, or in 2022, I think she'd be in more trouble for her Senate seat.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    But never fear. I'm sure there's always a rich developer ready to put up condos in their place.
    You need some white artsy people to people to move in first, then the gentrifiers come.