Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I wasn't even talking about him mandating vaccines.. That is a strawman,, He passed a law that forbids businesses, institutions and establishment from mandating vaccines. If you don't see that as taking the side of and encouraging by his actions the unvaccinated, you are willfully blind.
    DeSantis didn't even pretend to take this seriously from the beginning, we barely even had a lockdown briefly at the start. Defending him is absolutely laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    This is another example of you getting personal over a factual comment.
    It's not personal.

Factually, I'm noting a lie was presented. I don't care who floats so egregious a fib, I refuse to let misinformation from any source stand unchallenged.

I can suggest that the truth could be spoken, instead.

If you don't want to see what you perceive as a "personal attack"...

Stop. Your. Lying.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 08-20-2021 at 12:01 AM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Prosecutors said a newly surfaced video taken just weeks before last year's deadly Kenosha shootings captured the Illinois teenager Kyle Rittenhouse describing his wish to shoot at people with an AR-15 as they left a pharmacy.

According to court documents obtained by Insider, prosecutors are seeking to have the judge admit the video as evidence in Rittenhouse's upcoming trial. They said the video provided "crucial insight" into Rittenhouse's state of mind in summer 2020.
    Gosh. It's almost like Rittenhouse *wanted* to murder people.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...?ocid=msedgntp

Texas Republican blames 'African Americans who have not been vaccinated' for state's COVID crisis

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick attacked Black Texans to deflect from criticism of GOP attacks on public health measures.
    "Well, Laura," Patrick said to Fox News personality Laura Ingraham, "The COVID is spreading, particularly — most of the numbers are with the unvaccinated."

"And the Democrats like to blame Republicans on that, well, the biggest group in most states are African Americans who have not been vaccinated. Last time I checked, more than 90% of them vote for Democrats in their major cities and major counties," he said, hinting at why Texas Republicans are pursuing voter suppression bills.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Parents rally in Wayne for right to allow schoolchildren to shed face masks

I can think if several choice words that I would say to these idiots.

Rally-goers said it is not the actual masks that they oppose – they resent being forced into such choices against their will. Gov. Phil Murphy signed an executive order on Aug. 6 that will require masks in indoor school settings.

"A lot of it is based on fear, instead of freedom," said Christopher Loewrigkeit, whose 10-year-old twins are enrolled at John F. Kennedy School.
    Such choices, like wearing seat belts? Having their children were helmets where riding their bikes or playing sports? Not giving their kids alcohol of cigarettes? Obeying speed limits ad stop signs?

These people are protesting just for the sake of protesting. There is no logical reason behind it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Gosh. It's almost like Rittenhouse *wanted* to murder people.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...?ocid=msedgntp
    Of course he did. You don't carry a gun to a town (hell, state) you don't live in to "protect" property that isn't yours unless you are absolutely itching to do exactly what he did. All of the people trying to turn him into a hero are just jealous they don't have the excuse to use their guns on someone like he did. He was so clearly seeking an opportunity to hurt or kill someone that he shouldn't have a case.

Colorado governor voids 1864 order to kill Native Americans

DENVER — Colorado Gov. Jared Polis this week rescinded a 19th century proclamation that called for citizens to kill Native Americans and take their property, in what he hopes can begin to make amends for “sins of the past.”

The 1864 order by Colorado’s second territorial governor, John Evans, would eventually lead to the Sand Creek massacre, one of Colorado's darkest and most fraught historic moments. The brutal assault left more than 200 Arapaho and Cheyenne people — mostly women, children and elderly — dead.

Evans' proclamation was never lawful because it established treaty rights and federal Indian law, Polis said Tuesday at the signing of his executive order on the Capitol steps.

“It also directly contradicted the Colorado Constitution, the United States Constitution and Colorado criminal codes at the time," the Democratic governor said to whoops from the crowd.
    Rick Williams, a Lakota and Cheyenne descendant who studies Native American history, found the original Evans’ order while researching the aftermath of the Fort Wise Treaty of 1861, in which U.S. government representatives met with Cheyenne and Arapaho leaders to establish a reservation along the Arkansas River in eastern Colorado. Williams said only 10 people signed the agreement.

“The next two years, it was hell for Indians because they didn’t sign the treaty, and they tried to kill as many of them as they could. And when that didn’t work, (Evans) issued an order to declare war,” Williams said.

One of Evans’ orders deemed Native Americans “enemies of the state,” and the second called for Colorado citizens to kill and steal from them, Williams said

Astonishing Member

Leave it to Texas GOP to get in lies and racist digs. And wonder why the Black community doesnt **** with the GOP. While the Black community does lag behind in vaccinations as a minority group it is not driving the surge.

The latest data from the Texas Department of State Health Services shows that the African American population there is not driving the increase in cases. Black residents in Texas accounted for 16.4 percent of the state’s cases and 10.2 percent of deaths as of Aug. 13. While vaccination rates are low among Black Texans, the highest coronavirus case rates are among Whites and Hispanics, who make up 34.9 percent and 35.8 percent of the state’s cases respectively, according to the latest data.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I wasn't even talking about him mandating vaccines.. That is a strawman,, He passed a law that forbids businesses, institutions and establishment from mandating vaccines. If you don't see that as taking the side of and encouraging by his actions the unvaccinated, you are willfully blind.
    We're not going to know other people's motives, but this fits other explanations (a desire to get a top industry in the state moving again with limited friction, pre-Delta variant overconfidence that the vaccines were helping America get to herd immunity, pandering to primary voters freaked out about vaccinations) from a guy who did also encourage vaccinations. I guess there could be an argument that it was pro forma, but no one's really making that.

We can encourage good behavior while allowing bad behavior. Officials encourage healthy diets without trying to outlaw the Cheesecake Factory.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    its all about personal choice. The choice not to get the shot. But god help you if you want the choice to try and protect yourself, workers and other costumers by requiring people to have a free vaccine to fight against a deadly illness.
    The main way for people to protect themselves is getting vaccinated.

We've seen the evidence on how vaccines are effective. For the vaccinated, your chances of getting Covid are less. If you get Covid, your chances of getting sick are diminished. And if someone is vaccinated and gets sick with Covid, their chances of needing greater care are diminished.

https://twitter.com/SabiVM/status/1428396870276194309

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    DeSantis didn't even pretend to take this seriously from the beginning, we barely even had a lockdown briefly at the start. Defending him is absolutely laughable.
    One of the main arguments for DeSantis is that he dealt with Covid while not minimizing the impact of the quality of life for Floridians.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    It's not personal.

Factually, I'm noting a lie was presented. I don't care who floats so egregious a fib, I refuse to let misinformation from any source stand unchallenged.

I can suggest that the truth could be spoken, instead.

If you don't want to see what you perceive as a "personal attack"...

Stop. Your. Lying.
    What lie do you think I've said? Everything I have is supported by facts.

A difference between you and me is that the first time you post something untrue I don't assume you're lying. I note the facts, and figure it was an honest mistake.

You made a claim that DeSantis' actions can be explained by the financial benefits of his donors who makes Regeneron. As you said, people should refuse to allow misinformation to stand unchallenged, so if anyone has information to the contrary, they should post it. This should be done regardless of whether DeSantis is a competent Governor, as even if he isn't, it's important for critics to be accurate when describing reasons not to support him.

I noted pieces against your claim, including context from a local reporter and examples of prominent Democrats recommending Regeneron. One fact that hasn't been discussed you specifically said that DeSantis' biggest donor owns the company that makes Regeneron, when that's not true either. The donor runs an investment firm that owns shares in Regeneron, but there's no indication they're a majority shareholder.

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-n...ernor-promotes

According to the Tampa Bay Times reporter, they're not even the top 100.

I doubt you're lying here. I'm sure you misread something.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Parents rally in Wayne for right to allow schoolchildren to shed face masks

I can think if several choice words that I would say to these idiots.

Such choices, like wearing seat belts? Having their children were helmets where riding their bikes or playing sports? Not giving their kids alcohol of cigarettes? Obeying speed limits ad stop signs?

These people are protesting just for the sake of protesting. There is no logical reason behind it.
    You may disagree with it, but there are logical reasons for it. And that's before you take into account motivated reasoning, and parents freaked out about incorrect rumors.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well, it stood to reason some Qpublican asswipe would play the race card regarding the virus sooner or later.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

One of the main arguments for DeSantis is that he dealt with Covid while not minimizing the impact of the quality of life for Floridians.
    Complete and utter bullshit and you know it.

You may disagree with it, but there are logical reasons for it. And that's before you take into account motivated reasoning, and parents freaked out about incorrect rumors.
    Being freaked out about incorrect rumors isn't logical or rational. In the article the protestors had stated that 'it wasn't the masks, it was the fact that they were being told to were the masks'. And let's face it, it's even worse for them that they were being told to wear the masks by Gov Murphy.

I have no proof of this, but considering that it's an election year in NJ, anti-mask protests that aren't about masks, are usually about politics. In this case, about making Gov Murphy look bad for mandating masks.

So either we have irrational parents who spend too much time watching Hannity, Carlson, and Ingram on Fox News or hanging out on Facebook ..... or we have Republicans who are trying to undermine Murphy since this is one of the only tools they have against him. According to the Polls, Murphy has a very good chance at being reelected.
    Last edited by Tami; 08-20-2021 at 08:48 AM.

Ultimate Member

One of the main arguments for DeSantis is that he dealt with Covid while not minimizing the impact of the quality of life for Floridians..
    Few greater lines of bullshit have ever been uttered.

Hell, DeSantis made Covid worse by keeping Florida open to tourists, helping the virus spread all over the country.

In 2014, 2015, as well as 2016, "Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day" published profiles of the former U.S. House Representative from Texas’ 19th Congressional District, Randy Neugebauer, who became infamous during the 2013 Government Shutdown when he tried to shame a park ranger working on furlough at the World War II Memorial for the park being closed… when he was the one who shut down the government. Rep. Neugebauer also was the Congressman who once screamed out “BABY KILLER!” on the House floor at Rep. Bart Stupak of Michigan for having voted for the Affordable Care Act, claimed migrant children being held in detention facilities prior to being deported back to their families are being spoiled and treated in a “lovely way”, and voted against Hurricane Sandy Relief money while admitting that if a natural disaster happened in his district, he’d snatch up that aid money in a heartbeat. Randy Neugebauer continued to be a portrait of unbalanced partisan ideology, including how he hamstrung an education bill moving through the House in February 2015 by inserting an amendment into the bill that withheld federal funding from school districts that contract with health centers unless the center certifies that it will not provide abortions or give students any information about abortion, including directions to the nearest abortion provider. He also was busy voting for any and all anti-abortion measures and voting to deny funding to the Department of Homeland Security out of protest for President Obama's executive orders on immigration. Worst of all, when Neugebauer pops off at say, a park ranger or Bart Stupak in a burst of impotent rage, when he's asked to accept responsibility for his outbursts, he often tries lying and claiming "it wasn't me" that did it, like a craven little weasel. We'll give you one guess about how Randy Neugebauer reacted to the fake "sting" videos created by the Center for Medical Progresss, though... he was rabid in buying into the fraud for political gain. The good news is Randy Neugeabuer retired in 2016, and presumably he will use all of his free time to accuse random people of infanticide and then retreat before they can ask him what his problem is, like the twitchy twit he's always been.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Complete and utter bullshit and you know it.
    No, it's the argument his supporters are making. It's likely the main reason he's the top alternative to Trump in polls for the 2024 Republican primary.

Whether you agree with the argument is a different question.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets