Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    US Reprisal Airstrike Killed Two ISIS Militants and Wounded Another

Awaiting the Republican words of approval for this.
    Dont hold your breath. Some talking points from Fox News and some Trumpers I know.

A small gesture by a small man.

A vain attempt to look tough.

Biden it is too later to pretend you care about the safety of American soldiers.

Pretending the deaths of two low level terrorists mean anything compared to the lives of US service members is laughable.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

In 2020, Mo Brooks was one of three Republicans across the country running for a House seat unopposed. Let’s just review his past few years in office to illustrate why we’re glad he already has primary challengers in 2022. (HINT: Sedition to follow.)

X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

We would like to think that all the sedition, spewing of conspiracy theories, and repeated defenses of Trump supporters committing domestic terrorism are going to be enough to at least see Mo Brooks ousted from office in the 2022 mid-terms, and we hope he continues to blunder about in court as the lawsuit filed by Eric Swalwell continues to show what a white nationalist goon he is. But undoubtedly, Congress will be better off without him, whenever he’s gone.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That sounds like a highly dubious reason, and also just cover for those (ahem, the GOP, ahem) who want to limit who can vote. You must allow mail in and early voting for many, including disabled and the military, so you just end up deny some people of their constitutional rights.
    It could be said the rise in mail in voting was attributed to the virus and how scores of people (myself included) were afraid to go into polling places during the election and chose not to when there were there was a safer alternative, especially since a vaccine was still months away at the time. As a veteran, limiting mail in voting for the military, including those overseas is nothing short of offensive, but then, the GQP only pays lip service when it comes to supporting the troops, when push comes to shove, Qpublicans will kick them to the curb without a second thought.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The main argument for reducing voting days isn't really about election security but about making sure that voters have the same information. With early voting, voters are casting ballots at a time when something may occur in the next few days prior to Election Day to change their minds.
    Arguments such as this would be a lot more persuasive if they weren't also reducing the number of polling places in areas unfavorable to the GOP and causing voting lines to extend to miles and hours of wait time, leading to confusion and challenges about when polls should close, and attempting to outlaw efforts to bring people to polling places since they are taking the polling places away from the people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The main security argument would be around chain of custody. You want to demonstrate that no one is able to alter ballots that have been cast, and that if anything suspicious happens (IE- a seal broke at the wrong moment) it is carefully documented. Election observers and police should be allowed to be present to make sure that no one's able to swap boxes of ballots. This is doable when Election Day is one day. It's harder when it's spread out.

The main argument for reducing voting days isn't really about election security but about making sure that voters have the same information. With early voting, voters are casting ballots at a time when something may occur in the next few days prior to Election Day to change their minds.
    Allowing partisan observers and especially law enforcement to monitor voting can easily translate into voter intimidation. Historically this has been a problem. You know this and I shouldn't have to tell you.

I have yet to see data indicating a significant enough number of voters have experienced regret in the few days after casting their vote to warrant shortening the number of days voting is allowed. Representatives in the states where this legislation is being put forward haven't supplied that data because it doesn't exist.
    When I said a "non-bullshit reason" I meant it.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Our friend Xheight gave us the real reason.

how is that different from freeing the ballot from suppression when the only understood un-suppressed vote is a Dem victory?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    If un-suppressed votes ends up electing more Democrats than Republicans, then you need to consider why voters don't want to vote for Republicans.

Consider this, there is a prime job at a major corporation. The choice has been narrowed down to two people. One is a proven dedicated worker who measures his/her success by the success of the Business. The other is in it for the power and the money, has a poor track record in terms of work and productivity, has been suspected of bribery or otherwise playing dirty in order to get past promotions, and has even shown favoritism to competing corporations.

Who would you hire?

This is the choice many voters have. If more Republican candidates played it straight, worked hard, and focused on the needs of their constituents instead of their own self interest, then more Republicans would get elected.
    Un-suppressed is being used here sarcastically - it is a false label for untracked and illegal votes akin to ballot stuffing and harvesting votes like they do in third world countries where they buy votes with a free tee shirt and a chicken dinner. Your perceptions vary greatly from mine where Democrats have been running one party crony politics in cities far removed from any of the merits you describe and look an awful like the later dirty cases you point to and only get elected because of a kind of suppression of that isn't talked about. Entrenched incumbency has bred a level of corruption and business as usual that is at home in Blue district as any Red one.

What chance do you give the candidacy of Curtis Sliwa in NYC for an example? Or does it take a billionaire like Bloomberg to overcome the corruption in NYC?
    Last edited by Xheight; 08-28-2021 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    Un-suppressed is being used here sarcastically - it is a false label for untracked and illegal votes akin to ballot stuffing and harvesting votes like they do in third world countries where they buy votes with a free tee shirt and a chicken dinner. Your perceptions vary greatly from mine where Democrats have been running one party crony politics in cities far removed from any of the merits you describe and look an awful like the later dirty cases you point to and only get elected because of a kind of suppression of that isn't talked about. Entrenched incumbency has bred a level of corruption and business as usual that is at home in Blue district as any Red one.
    You keep talking about illegal votes and ballot box stuffing. Other then the random GOP talking head click bait you have yet to produce one example of those, one court case that has sided with you. Give us examples and not clichés. You provide cases where there is proof and we will read them.
    Last edited by babyblob; 08-28-2021 at 05:02 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Dont hold your breath. Some talking points from Fox News and some Trumpers I know.

A small gesture by a small man.

A vain attempt to look tough.

Biden it is too later to pretend you care about the safety of American soldiers.

Pretending the deaths of two low level terrorists mean anything compared to the lives of US service members is laughable.
    Talking points doesn't equal false or untrue concerns. Have you never given a work presentation without talking points?

You keep talking about illegal votes and ballot box stuffing. Other then the random GOP talking head click bait you have yet to produce one example of those, one court case that has sided with you. Give us examples and not clichés. You provide cases where there is proof and we will read them.
    New Jersey
    May 2020 Third Ward Paterson City…
    Judicial Finding
    Fraudulent Use Of Absentee Ballots
    New Jersey
    William Rojas
    Criminal Conviction
    Buying Votes, Fraudulent Use Of Absentee Ballots

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/19/n...ing-fraud.html

Paterson wasn't an isolated incident. In 2015, a Perth Amboy council election turned on 10 votes. The court ordered a new election when it was determined that 13 illegal mail-in ballots had been tallied. Does NJ.com want to explain to voters in Paterson or Perth Amboy how election fraud is a completely invented non-issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    New Jersey
    May 2020 Third Ward Paterson City…
    Judicial Finding
    Fraudulent Use Of Absentee Ballots
    New Jersey
    William Rojas
    Criminal Conviction
    Buying Votes, Fraudulent Use Of Absentee Ballots

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/19/n...ing-fraud.html

Paterson wasn't an isolated incident. In 2015, a Perth Amboy council election turned on 10 votes. The court ordered a new election when it was determined that 13 illegal mail-in ballots had been tallied. Does NJ.com want to explain to voters in Paterson or Perth Amboy how election fraud is a completely invented non-issue?
    These a couple. I have not read them yet cant give my thoughts. I asked and you gave links so I will do as I said and look them over.

Can you also give links to illegal immigrant voting since that was also a huge point for the GOP?

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    For a minute I thought your aunt hijacked your account.
    Lol she would never come here she said. She was on my laptop one day doing some paper work for her new job because She left hers at her daughters house. I had this site up and she was looking through. She was so mad at you all lol.

These a couple. I have not read them yet cant give my thoughts. I asked and you gave links so I will do as I said and look them over.

Can you also give links to illegal immigrant voting since that was also a huge point for the GOP?
    As I point out in my OP no audit was granted to motor voter rolls despite a suit in CA. Which goes to the larger point if courts won't grant review then they contribute to doubt they don't remove it simply by the authority of their say so. Want to affirm election results then allow discovery, be open, delay calling elections,...
    Last edited by Xheight; 08-28-2021 at 05:15 PM.

Astonishing Member

Anyone still pushing "voter fraud" on a massive scale in this country after every case was not only tossed out but laughed out of court is disingenuous and willfully ignorant at this point. The clear and obvious racist intentions of the GOP after the election to ensure that the black and minority voters they couldn't get tossed out with an insurrection. Could at least be curtailed, suppressed and discouraged by the slate of laws in every GOP controlled state that could push.

Texas can't even keep our power grid on in the summer or the winter. But, they damn sure had suppressing votes at the top of every agenda. Even trying to get Democrats arrested and dragging them into the chamber to make sure it happened.