BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    As I point out in my OP no audit was granted to motor voter rolls despite a suit in CA. Which goes to the larger point if courts won't grant review then they contribute to doubt they don't remove it simply by the authority of their say so. Want to affirm election results then allow discovery, be open, delay calling elections,...
    People who don't rationalize contribute to doubt. Not giving credibility to irrationality is sensible and should be encouraged in our court system to not clog the courts with irrational suits.

Keep recounting until your side wins. That is what Trump told the Georgia Sec of State to do. Also what they did in AZ, to laughable results.
    Xheight obviously can't accept that Trump lost. What we know as fact is the election was legitimate without any evidence there was widespread fraud.
    What we know is Trump tried to use the bogus notion of fraud to steal the election.
    What we also see is Xheight has bought into this Big Lie and all it's in incredulous parts.
    His "just asking nonsense is as bad as Trump's "some people say".
    Last edited by Kirby101; 08-28-2021 at 06:00 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

First it was Hillary and then it was Trump. Both sides whine and make up stories and hoaxes when their candidate looses. It gives them both something to be angry about for 4 years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Devil View Post
    First it was Hillary and then it was Trump. Both sides whine and make up stories and hoaxes when their candidate looses. It gives them both something to be angry about for 4 years.
    Excuse me?

Yeah, well Hillary didn't stoke the idea that the election was stolen, then give a speech to a crowd of questionables encouraging them to storm the capitol, stop Congress from certifying the election, and try to hang the VP while they were at it. .
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Yeah, well Hillary didn't stoke the idea that the election was stolen, then give a speech to a crowd of questionables encouraging them to storm the capitol, stop Congress from certifying the election, and try to hang the VP while they were at it. .
    And she actually won 3 million more votes than Trump did.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Admittedly, my memory isn’t what it used to be, but I don’t recall Hillary complaining about the 2016 loss. If you have examples of that, I’d like to read them.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

While there were some who questioned Hillary's loss, after all she won the popular vote. It was nowhere as widespread as the Big Lie from Trump.
    Don't "both sides" us please.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Ok we could compare but all I was saying is that they both complain and make things up when their candidate looses and that is a fact.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    And she actually won 3 million more votes than Trump did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    While there were some who questioned Hillary's loss, after all she won the popular vote. It was nowhere as widespread as the Big Lie from Trump.
    Don't "both sides" us please.
    Even though the Electoral College put Trump in the Oval Office, he still whined like a child about losing the popular vote.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Ok we could compare but all I was saying is that they both complain and make things up when their candidate looses and that is a fact.
    If you're talking about the Russian collusion, trump admitted the trump tower meeting with the Russians was to collude with them to get dirt on Hillary. I couldn't find any links but I recall trump promising something huge on Hillary on a Wednesday but that big reveal never arrived.

BANNED

For 4 years Democrats said the elections were unfair and unsafe and said there was Russian collusion. Then they win and Republicans say the voter machines are rigged but then the Democrats say that elections are 100% safe and secure and nothing like that could happen.

BANNED

I'm sorry, but I think a reasonable person might interpret your last couple of posts as saying what we a experiencIng now is American politics as usual, and I know that can't possibly be what you meant, so I honestly want you to have the opportunity to clarify your meaning.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Admittedly, my memory isn’t what it used to be, but I don’t recall Hillary complaining about the 2016 loss. If you have examples of that, I’d like to read them.
    I don't recall her complaining either... at least, not publicly. as an ambitious and professional politician I would expect that.

but, it did seem like half of all the people I knew kept talking about Russian hackers interfering with the election. nobody could prove that even a single vote got changed, though. so, I just figured it was the usual partisan anger at an election not going the way they wanted it to. all available evidence and sources I've read about points to Trump winning fair-and-square via electoral college in 2016. it also points to him losing fair-and-square in 2020.

I think a lot of people were HOPING that, by following the Russian hacker lead, they could prove that Trump was not a legally elected president. I knew people that seriously speculated that if Trump hadn't been voted president that those rampant wildfires and the COVID-19 epidemic would never have taken place!

but, to be honest, I think the only people that took that "Russian hackers stole the election" idea seriously were people desperately clinging to any sort of hope that he could be removed. I figured it was better to just wait until his first (and only term) ended. he was such a divisive, offensive president that it just didn't seem possible for him to have the office more than a single term.

BANNED

Both sides complain, both sides have bad actors, both sides play political games. One side tries to suppress the votes of the other side on a massive scale. One side tries to undermine democracy itself in the pursuit of its goals. One side pushed its supporters to invade the Capitol. One side talks openly and often about taking up arms to kill their political opponents. One side chose to play footsies with white supremacists and now see demographics shifting and their stranglehold on national politics slipping away and seem to be choosing to sow doubt, suppress votes, suppress rights, and stoke outrage in order to gain support from a shrinking but motivated minority rather than attempting to reach out to new voters (which is admittedly a hard sell when Trump is the face of your party).