Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

If HRC had won, no one would have said a single word about how her Electoral College win represented an issue that has needed to be addressed since Gore's loss in the Electoral College.
    You mean if she won the popular vote AND the EC, it would not have been a big issue? Of course not, but people would still be unhappy with the EC.

Just because the media was as concerned with it as here ails or Benghazi doesn't mean people weren't advocating changing it.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 08-30-2021 at 05:54 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    So was the EC created so that one or two Stares could over ride the majority will? Or is it an antiquated system designed for a time when counting the vote was vastly different. Yes, it is the system we are stuck with, and the GOP will never allow it to be changed, not when they can win the Presidency twice in a matter of decades with a candidate who loses the vote. But that Democrats show their displeasure at losing with a candidate the majority of voters want should not be a surprise. You sound very content with this system. Others feel it is a bad system. Including over 60% of all voters.
    It's reasonable to try to change the Electoral College, and to advocate for those changes.

That is different from the argument about how to respond when someone wins based on clearly established rules. To use a popular vote loss as rationale for any obstruction shows that there's no need to abide by the clearly established rules, a lesson the other side will incorporate.

There is also the wrinkle that the Clinton campaign's focus on increasing the popular vote to get more legitimacy meant that resources that could have made a difference went to boosting out turnout in Calfornia, New York or New Orleans. Their response to progressive complaints about the electoral college meant that they compromised on the quality of the electoral college strategy.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...lege-strategy/

https://www.thewrap.com/hillary-clin...-popular-vote/

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    You are goofing around, right?

"I believe he knows he's an illegitimate president. He knows that there were a bunch of different reasons the election turned out the way it did, and I take responsibility for the parts that I should, but it was like applying for a job and getting 66,000,000 letters of recommendation and losing to a corrupt human tornado, so I know that he knows that this wasn't on the level. I don't know if we'll ever know everything that happened but clearly we know a lot and are learning more every day and history will sort it all out."

This does not sound like someone who believes her loss was legitimate, or that it is important for the losing candidate to convince voters of the legitimacy of their loss.

Her reasons for an election not being on the level could be adopted by losing Republicans, who can always find something to complain about (IE- media favoritism, bad timing, activist lies) to paint an election as illegitimate.
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 08-30-2021 at 08:48 AM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    "I believe he knows he's an illegitimate president. He knows that there were a bunch of different reasons the election turned out the way it did, and I take responsibility for the parts that I should, but it was like applying for a job and getting 66,000,000 letters of recommendation and losing to a corrupt human tornado, so I know that he knows that this wasn't on the level. I don't know if we'll ever know everything that happened but clearly we know a lot and are learning more every day and history will sort it all out."

This does not sound like someone who believes her loss was legitimate, or that it is important for the losing candidate to convince voters of the rightness of their cause.

Her reasons for an election not being on the level could be adopted by losing Republicans, who can always find something to complain about (IE- media favoritism) to paint an election as illegitimate.
    If only she had non-paid lawyers taking to the courts filing lawsuits they knew were bulls*** (by their own admissions), and then incited an attack on the Capitol, or had repeatedly and out loud asked for foreign countries to aid her in that election, you might have a "both sides" point.

You don't. Everything she says there? True. Trump knew he was never legit. From the jump. Day 1, the inauguration crowd size, he knew everyone knew, and I'd say "he lost it" but he never had it.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

OMG - He's crazy and dangerous.

Rand Paul Says “Hatred for Trump” Influences Scientists Not Studying Ivermectin as Potential Covid-19 Treatment

Senator Rand Paul (R-Ky.) claimed that researchers won’t study ivermectin, a toxic anti-parasitic used to treat parasitic worms, lice, and skin problems in livestock because of their “hatred” for ex-President Donald Trump.

“The hatred for Trump deranged these people so much that they’re unwilling to objectively study it,” Paul said in an interview with The Cincinnati Enquirer. “So someone like me that’s in the middle on it, I can’t tell you because they will not study ivermectin. They will not study hydroxychloroquine without the taint of their hatred for Donald Trump.”

Although he acknowledged that he does not know if ivermectin works, Paul said he will “keep an open mind.”

Former President Trump often promoted treatments that have not been shown to be effective in preventing or curing Covid-19 infections. He infamously endorsed using hydroxychloroquine, an anti-malarial drug, when in office, even though doctors advised against it.

Ivermectin has not been shown to be effective in preventing or curing Covid-19 infections. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has warned advised individuals to stop taking it after receiving reports that people had been hospitalized for using the drug.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Attorney representing *17* defendants in US Capitol breach cases has fallen ill

Per court filing from federal prosecutors, John Pierce "is reportedly ill with COVID-19, on a ventilator, and unresponsive"
    Per feds, an associate told the court last week that Pierce had "been in an accident" .. when he failed to appear at session
    Prosecutors also report Pierce has gone quiet on Twitter, and that he "generally posts multiple messages to Twitter on a daily basis"

The Pierce twitter account referenced by feds has track record of anti-vax and anti-mask mandate tweets
    Feds: "It appears that Mr. Pierce’s absence has already caused Mr. Marshall to take actions on behalf of Mr. Pierce’s clients that he is not permitted to do, including appearing for a defendant who agreed to exclude time under the Speedy Trial Act"
    Twitter Link

How is it that an unlicensed attorney is being allowed to appear in this proceeding for any purpose whatsoever? I can not imagine any federal judge permitting this to occur, although, apparently, it is happening here.

The associate isn’t a licensed attorney. So, is he a 1st year associate, whose bar application is pending?

This keeps getting stranger and stranger.
    Last edited by Tami; 08-30-2021 at 08:11 AM.

According to Daily Telegraph report today, American military left a lot of high grade military equipment in retreat from Afghanistan.

Numbers quoted were 75000 military vehicles, 200 aircraft/helicopters, and 600,000 small arms.

If that’s reasonably accurate it’s disastrous.

Thought standard military practice for hundreds of years was to make sure all things left behind were rendered useless…and in many armies leaving so much useful weaponry behind would lead to commanders being court martialled.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    According to Daily Telegraph report today, American military left a lot of high grade military equipment in retreat from Afghanistan.

Numbers quoted were 75000 military vehicles, 200 aircraft/helicopters, and 600,000 small arms.

Thought standard military practice for hundreds of years was to make sure all things left behind were rendered useless…and in many armies leaving so much useful weaponry behind would lead to commanders being court martialled.
    Kind of a no win here. Biden and everyone thought the Afgan Army would fight so it was left behind.

If Biden ordered it destroyed then he would still get the blame for Afgan falling because he destroyed the equipment.

I am sure the Taliban is thankful for the gifts though. And I am sure Russia and China are putting in offers for those planes the Taliban cant use.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Aren’t people already getting sick from using that ****? I mean, come on, now! HORSE DEWORMER? Seriously? Meanwhile, Paul’s hatred of scientists, most notably Dr. Fauci is making him look and sound like a flaming lunatic.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Aren’t people already getting sick from using that ****? I mean, come on, now! HORSE DEWORMER? Seriously? Meanwhile, Paul’s hatred of scientists, most notably Dr. Fauci is making him look and sound like a flaming lunatic.
    Then there is this

Ohio judge orders hospital to treat patient with Ivermectin despite warnings

An Ohio judge has ordered a local hospital to treat a patient with Ivermectin despite warnings from medical officials that it shouldn't be used against COVID-19, ABC affiliate WCPO reported.

In a court document last week, Butler County Common Pleas Judge Gregory Howard said that doctors at the West Chester Hospital (WCH) should treat patient Jeffery Smith with the drug.

Smith, 51, will start receiving the 30mg of Ivermectin for three weeks, according to WCPO.
    Smith’s wife, Julie Smith, brought out the case after her husband was placed on a ventilator after spending 19 days hospitalized battling the virus. Smith asked WCH Dr. Fred Wagshul to prescribe her husband the drug treatment, but other staffers at the hospital refused to do so

I just saw this on my local News and was coming to post it. The City Of West Chester is near me. The woman sued the hospital to get them to give this treatment.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Sadly there are a lot of stories of doctors on our local news pushing Ivermectin right now. It is really sad.

Astonishing Member

NBC News reporter accosted during live coverage of Hurricane Ida

An angry man confronted NBC News correspondent Shaquille Brewster on Monday while Brewster was doing a live shot from Gulfport, Miss., which has been slammed by the outer bands of Hurricane Ida.

"The rain has stopped, the wind is still going," Brewster was saying during his live hit on MSNBC when a white pickup truck pulled up behind him and a man jumped out of the cab.

"I think we even have a random person ... going around," Brewster says turning away from the man who is visibly upset and shouting something at Brewster and his crew about "accuracy."
    What a nut job. He woulda got popped in the mouth rolling up on him like that all in his face at the end.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

And after the wife’s husband dies from that ****, she’ll hire the first strip mall ambulance chaser she can find and sue the hospital for letting him croak.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post

But then the Pentagon gets to buy so much more stuff, because there is no question of whether we can afford it when it comes to Defense contractors.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Sadly there are a lot of stories of doctors on our local news pushing Ivermectin right now. It is really sad.
    I will say this, at least if it is taken under a doctor's supervision, it still won't do any good but it might be less likely to make things worse. In other words, it might be like a placebo to keep the patient calm enough to actually be treated correctly.