Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I will say this, at least if it is taken under a doctor's supervision, it still won't do any good but it might be less likely to make things worse. In other words, it might be like a placebo to keep the patient calm enough to actually be treated correctly.
    The problem comes in the misinformation even in that case. Say they get better they start telling people that's what did it. And "media" is pushing an agenda saying its bad for you. It was the same with all the other false cures and treatments.

Then people start demanding it or buying it from the feed store and treating themselves because other doctors are being responsible and not prescribing it for treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    The problem comes in the misinformation even in that case. Say they get better they start telling people that's what did it. And "media" is pushing an
    agenda saying its bad for you. It was the same with all the other false cures and treatments.

Then people start demanding it or buying it from the feed store and treating themselves because other doctors are being responsible and not prescribing it for treatment.
    I agree, that is a very real and serious potential problem.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Just announced. The USA withdraw of Afghanistan is officially complete according to the News and The Pentagon.

Thus ends 20 years on American misadventure. Any over/under on how many years until the next one?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    You seem to have blamed someone else for something I wrote.

I was saying that many of the claims about weird situations in elections are outliers. It's not typical to have a situation where lines stretch for hours, so that's not really the point to address. It's often been the case that when someone brings up a weird situation, if you go into that particular disaster in more depth it turns out that it's not quite as bad as critics think.

The focus on the source of the arguments ignores the merit, but it's also worth noting that Democratic-run areas have had their own election problems, and that some have made serious missteps. It would be wrong to blame the entire party for that.
    I don't blame, I attribute, and I attributed correctly. I contended that there are broad regulations making it more difficult to vote. You responsed with "there are outlier situations." Both are true. Making policy about reducing polling places that are unfavorable to one party or the other is not an outler, it's official government policy, and should not be tolerated.

EDIT: my apologies to you and Spidey. You are correct. I don't know how that other poster ended up being quoted.
    Last edited by green_garnish; 08-30-2021 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Just announced. The USA withdraw of Afghanistan is officially complete according to the News and The Pentagon.

Thus ends 20 years on American misadventure. Any over/under on how many years until the next one?
    The next Republican administration?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Whenever the next Qpublican is sworn in as president.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    NBC News reporter accosted during live coverage of Hurricane Ida

What a nut job. He woulda got popped in the mouth rolling up on him like that all in his face at the end.
    Followup

Man confronts NBC News correspondent Shaquille Brewster on live TV during Ida coverage

An irate man confronted NBC News' Shaquille Brewster on live television Monday as he was reporting on Tropical Storm Ida in coastal Mississippi.

Brewster was doing a live MSNBC shot from Gulfport when a white pickup truck pulled up behind him and a man jumped out and sprinted toward him.

Moments later, the man got in Brewster's face before he calmly ended the report. The man could be heard shouting at Brewster to "report accurately."

"Hey, hey, hey," concerned anchor Craig Melvin said. "We're going to check in with Shaq Brewster just to make sure all is well. There's a lot of crazy out there, a lot of crazy."
    The man was moved off-camera for a few seconds when Brewster had the camera shift to another angle, and an NBC News producer intercepted the charging heckler.

Brewster used his forearm to shield himself as the man walked back up to him and incoherently rambled "report accurately!" before the producer and the photographer were able to separate the men. The heckler then left.

MSNBC President Rashida Jones praised Brewster as a "consummate professional" who kept his cool and wouldn't be intimidated.
    So, anyone want to guess what "Report Accurately" meant to that guy who went after Brewster?

Last edited by Tami; 08-30-2021 at 02:48 PM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Followup

Man confronts NBC News correspondent Shaquille Brewster on live TV during Ida coverage

So, anyone want to guess what "Report Accurately" meant to that guy who went after Brewster?
    Pfft! I’ve better things to do with what few remaining brain cells I have left than to figure out what that lunatic was ranting about. Probably some MAGA Maggot needing to go off on a black man for reasons known only to him.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

It's august, It's the Gulf Coast, and the guy is wearing a long sleeved shirt. Speculation on Twitter is that he isn't native to the area. There is possibly some writing on his shirt, like a company logo, but it's impossible to tell for sure. The hat he's carrying, why is he carrying a hat? And it's not like any hat I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Pfft! I’ve better things to do with what few remaining brain cells I have left than to figure out what that lunatic was ranting about. Probably some MAGA Maggot needing to go off on a black man for reasons known only to him.
    I guess so.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    I don't blame, I attribute, and I attributed correctly. I contended that there are broad regulations making it more difficult to vote. You responsed with "there are outlier situations." Both are true. Making policy about reducing polling places that are unfavorable to one party or the other is not an outler, it's official government policy, and should not be tolerated.
    Yes outliers, in Clevend, and Detroit, and Houston, and Atlanta, all Democratic cities in Red or Putple States. Funny how that works.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Got another one for you WBE and WestPhillyPunisher, I believe this crazed lunatic is in your neck of the woods.

PA GOP Gov candidate Steve Lynch today: “Forget going into these school boards with freaking data. You go in to these school boards to remove them. I’m going in with 20 strong men and I’m gonna give them an option - they can leave or they can be removed.” https://t.co/A0M6SsOldI

BANNED

We left Americans there. May God protect them. Biden said he would get all out. He didn't. He left them to the Taliban.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    We left Americans there. May God protect them. Biden said he would get all out. He didn't. He left them to the Taliban.
    And the general giving the briefing on CNN. of course we will be back. We will be working with the government of Afghanistan and the Taliban (As if they are not one in the same) to bring them home. Then he wanted to note that several wanted to stay behind for different reasons.

Ill believe this when I see it.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

And the general giving the briefing on CNN. of course we will be back. We will be working with the government of Afghanistan and the Taliban (As if they are not one in the same) to bring them home. Then he wanted to note that several wanted to stay behind for different reasons.

Ill believe this when I see it.
    There are Americans who choose not to wear masks or get vaccinated, it's not hard for me to believe.