I think what is objectively wrong is that the Democrats are wholly corrupt and wholly-owned by the ruling elite.
    It's not that their aren't Democrats who are, but the Party and it's platform does not stand with that.
    The GOP on the otherhand.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That's the thinking that gave us Trump over Hillary, cause "no difference". Now we have a SCOTUS that will ban abortion.
    Get real.
    Stop blaming third party voters.

And start blaming the politicians for not keeping their promises on the platform on which they were elected to.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I mean, that's an okay stance if you live in a left leaning state where you have the luxury of vanity voting( I live in Mass and have been guilty of that) but you see how that could shoot you in the foot if you live elsewhere right?
    I am from Hawaii, a blue state that voted for Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I think what is objectively wrong is that the Democrats are wholly corrupt and wholly-owned by the ruling elite.
    It's not that their aren't Democrats who are, but the Party and it's platform does not stand with that.
    The GOP on the otherhand.
    Imagine how different the last 20 years would’ve gone if we didn’t have two corrupt ruling class parties who use our government to enrich themselves & their corporate donors. Blaming Ralph Nader and third parties because you can’t accept how corrupt the Democrats are is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Everyone pretty much wants to see the GOP go. Is the answer to that just having a one party Dems running the whole show? I dont like that. I have no issue with a 3rd party. If people dont like them fine but no one should say that the people have their choice then say

"Well no 3rd parties though. Have your choice but only with these two people and who cares if neither meets your goals."

Some 3rd parties are crackpots. Some main stream are crack pots. But under our system if a person meets the legal requirements to be put on a presidential ballot they should not be denied because it would cost your party votes. That smacks of voter restriction and that is what we are bitching about the GOP for doing.
    We effectively do have a 2 party system though(no less with one side openly trying to rig it in their favor), I agree that we shouldn't but that's what we are, and voting for 3rd party candidates in races where they have absolutely no chance in hell of winning really is pointless. Third party/Independents in local races/state level where they actually have a shot? By all means, if you think they are the best choice go for it...but when you get to stuff like the senate and presidential races everyone has to realize the reality that in the vast majority of those elections, it's going to be the Democrat or the Republican. All I ask is for people who go on and on about refusing to vote for either and not voting/voting for a snowballs chance in hell candidate is that they own that their stubbornness helps contribute to whatever status quo we end up in, such as with Trump and supreme court.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

Some Democrats don't like Medicare For All, a phrase that is also intentionally vague which makes it easy to campaign on, but difficult to make policy.
    They may call themselves "Democrats" but they don't really believe in democracy or equality or anything to do with the working classes. They only believe in helping themselves & their corporate sponsors.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The Northeast got hit harder than I expected. Not as bad as in Louisiana, but the news is showing flooding in PA, NJ, and NY.
    Much of the video was insane.

By the way, I'd like to offer a public shoutout to Tami for a legitimately helpful response to the question below.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Legitimately, if you know of a place in New Jersey that is cheap and where public transportation can get me to Yankee Stadium (the place I work at is in the vicinity) within an hour on weekdays, I'd love to get the info by PM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    'Democrats have a majority, they just don't have balls!' is a deeply naive point of view.
    It is absurd that Democrats always act powerless. They control the House, Senate, and White House. They could be fighting for a living wage and single-payer healthcare. But instead they just keep making excuses and finding scapegoats so they can govern for their corporate donors.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Stop blaming third party voters.

And start blaming the politicians for not keeping their promises on the platform on which they were elected to.

I am from Hawaii, a blue state that voted for Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden.
    So you have the luxury of vanity voting, and that's all well and fine...but as a general principle it doesn't really hold up these days. Gone are the days when having a Conservative majority would mean no real life style change for people then if there was a Liberal majority; now when they have the ball it means that the rights of millions of people are on the firing line which means you have to be a little pragmatic in your decision making. Sure, it'd be nice if the Democratic party wasn't so cozy with big tech companies and their ilk...but the opposite is worse.

That the DNC worked to get the Green Party off the ballot, corruptly worked against Bernie and then said they had the “right” to rig primaries, and that they work for Wall Street & not the people are 3 reasons I left the Democratic party.

I will believe that the “Democratic” party believes in democracy when it stops suing to kick the Green Party off the ballot & starts respecting people’s right to vote for third parties and independent candidates who have the courage to take on both corrupt ruling class parties.
    Last edited by Zauriel; 09-02-2021 at 07:20 AM.

They may call themselves "Democrats" but they don't really believe in democracy or equality or anything to do with the working classes. They only believe in helping themselves & their corporate sponsors.
    Do you believe these Democrats are to the right of where the party was during another time (IE- the first two years of the Obama administration)?

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    We effectively do have a 2 party system though(no less with one side openly trying to rig it in their favor), I agree that we shouldn't but that's what we are, and voting for 3rd party candidates in races where they have absolutely no chance in hell of winning really is pointless. Third party/Independents in local races/state level where they actually have a shot? By all means, if you think they are the best choice go for it...but when you get to stuff like the senate and presidential races everyone has to realize the reality that in the vast majority of those elections, it's going to be the Democrat or the Republican. All I ask is for people who go on and on about refusing to vote for either and not voting/voting for a snowballs chance in hell candidate is that they own that their stubbornness helps contribute to whatever status quo we end up in, such as with Trump and supreme court.
    Regarding third party campaigns, it's also worth noting that the energy to get a third party campaign going can be more effective in primaries where a smaller number of votes has more impact.

Bernie Sanders came close to the Democratic party nomination twice, and rather than split the vote to allow Trump to win, he's working with Biden as chair of the Senate Budget Committee.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Everyone pretty much wants to see the GOP go. Is the answer to that just having a one party Dems running the whole show?
    In the context of US politics? Yes. That is the answer. It is also the only answer due to the structure of the system.

That the DNC worked to get the Green Party off the ballot, corruptly worked against Bernie and then said they had the “right” to rig primaries, and that they work for Wall Street & not the people are 3 reasons I left the Democratic party.

I will believe that the “Democratic” party believes in democracy when it stops suing to kick the Green Party off the ballot & starts respecting people’s right to vote for third parties and independent candidates who have the courage to take on both corrupt ruling class parties.
    The nonsense you believe is facepalm inducing.

Complaining about the Democrats "not respecting people's right to vote" is akin to trying to squash an ant in a house that's on fire.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    I thought the GOP was all about keeping government out of your life.
    Except when it comes to abortions I guess.
    That is why they are turning to vigilantes to get into women's lives.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

The democrats control the entire government (snip).
    You started with a lie.
    The SCOTUS is part of the government.