Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Perhaps the one of the first things the Democrats need to do is kick Conservative members like Joe Manchin out of the party. Why are they bothering to keep him in the party membership ?
    Because to do so would mean the Senate becomes Republican controlled and absolutely nothing would get done with Mitch in charge again. It is easy to blame Manchin, who is a wanker, but I blame the American votes for not giving the Dems a clear majority. Look at Maine, they voted for Biden, but then put obstructionist / GOP loyalist Collins back in the Senate.

Objectively look at the Biden's $3.5 trillion infrastructure bill and tell me it's the same as what the GOP would do. It might not pass because of the 50/50 split in the Senate and a couple of ******* Dems, but when 90% of the Democratic Senators support something, and 0% of the Republicans do, you really can't say, "both the same". It's just a nonsense.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Perhaps the one of the first things the Democrats need to do is kick Conservative members like Joe Manchin out of the party. Why are they bothering to keep him in the party membership ?
    Who should run against Manchin in West Virginia, a state that has become very, very Republican over the last 20 years? Manchin absolutely sucks, he's still better than the best Republican senator.

What I find upsetting and clever at the same time is how the GOP is pretty much responsible for the spread of Covid at this point but they are piling all the blame on Biden nd are causing people to question him.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    What I find upsetting and clever at the same time is how the GOP is pretty much responsible for the spread of Covid at this point but they are piling all the blame on Biden nd are causing people to question him.
    This is because of the willful assistance of the Mainstream media. There is a problem with them often adopting the GOP narrative for many things.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Instead of begging all these right wing idiots to take a vaccine that can save their lives, why not just start shipping some of the millions doses that we are hoarding and are about to expire to poor countries that actually need them and will take them without question? The pandemic doesn't end until we can achieve herd immunity across the entire globe, so rather than pandering to the whims of a bunch of conspiratorial dickwads, let's actually try to help some people in need for once.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

It’s as I’ve speculated, this is a concerted plan by the GQP to weaken Biden and the Democrats, thus putting them in a position to lose next year’s midterms. Remember, during the worst of the lockdown a year ago, Qpublicans openly suggested seniors sacrifice themselves so the economy could reopen, a year later, they’re all but telling their constituents to die from COVID so they can reclaim the House and Senate in ‘22. But yeah, BOTH sides are bad. Give me a break.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Instead of begging all these right wing idiots to take a vaccine that can save their lives, why not just start shipping some of the millions doses that we are hoarding and are about to expire to poor countries that actually need them and will take them without question? The pandemic doesn't end until we can achieve herd immunity across the entire globe, so rather than pandering to the whims of a bunch of conspiratorial dickwads, let's actually try to help some people in need for once.
    Hell, I’m all for that. I’m surprised that actually hasn’t happened, because, frankly speaking, it should.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post

US Has Shipped 110 Million COVID-19 Vaccine Doses to 65 Countries

The Biden administration has joined China and Russia in the vaccine diplomacy race in Latin America. See where U.S. donations have arrived.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

One thing I think the Dems need to do is find a face for the party. In 2016 the put all their hope into Clinton and have really I feel lost direction when she lost. Even though Biden was the nominee not all the Dems still got behind. And Biden's only real message was "Hey I am not Trump." That wont fly too well in 2024 I think.
    \
    There was the whole he is boring, he is Not Sanders etc... Even though he is in the White house with the GOP fighting Covid measure, Afghanistan, and The GOP pushing BS Abortion Bills in the states as well as filing lawsuits to fight protections for Trans and LTGB people The party will still not rally around Biden or to be honest around some other Dem.

I kind of feel like the Dems are a lost ship right now trying to find the course but you have some of their members hiding the maps.

I dont know as much about politics as some of the other members on this board. But these are just my thoughts.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It’s as I’ve speculated, this is a concerted plan by the GQP to weaken Biden and the Democrats, thus putting them in a position to lose next year’s midterms. Remember, during the worst of the lockdown a year ago, Qpublicans openly suggested seniors sacrifice themselves so the economy could reopen, a year later, they’re all but telling their constituents to die from COVID so they can reclaim the House and Senate in ‘22. But yeah, BOTH sides are bad. Give me a break.
    At first I thought the GOP was doing this to make Biden look bad was just some goofy conspiracy theory. But looking at how they are fighting things and the reaction of people I am really starting to believe this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    You seem to have blamed someone else for something I wrote.

I was saying that many of the claims about weird situations in elections are outliers. It's not typical to have a situation where lines stretch for hours, so that's not really the point to address. It's often been the case that when someone brings up a weird situation, if you go into that particular disaster in more depth it turns out that it's not quite as bad as critics think.

The focus on the source of the arguments ignores the merit, but it's also worth noting that Democratic-run areas have had their own election problems, and that some have made serious missteps. It would be wrong to blame the entire party for that.

It's a good point that this would be a situation that would have to be carefully handled.

Counselors would need to tackle sensitive questions, and differentiate between positions they disagree with and positions that are red flags, and more importantly, between beliefs and the actions you're willing to do based on those beliefs. It will be a clusterfuck if someone makes a bad call and penalizes someone for believing something that reasonable people could believe. There are some people here who should not be trusted with that power.

And what happens if someone is criticized for a position that seems conspiratorial but turns out to be correct (IE- the Cuomo administration undercounted Covid deaths)?

Doesn't the Paterson story show that the system worked?

Ballots that were improperly submitted during a chaotic time were identified and dismissed.
    That sounds like a half full kind of optimism that really shouldn't have a place in lawmaking. Is it not as likely that the iceberg is just below the surface? Local corruption and party domination go hand in hand as legal but not lawful use and abuse of power to slant elections.

One thing I think the Dems need to do is find a face for the party. In 2016 the put all their hope into Clinton and have really I feel lost direction when she lost. Even though Biden was the nominee not all the Dems still got behind. And Biden's only real message was "Hey I am not Trump." That wont fly too well in 2024 I think.
    \
    There was the whole he is boring, he is Not Sanders etc... Even though he is in the White house with the GOP fighting Covid measure, Afghanistan, and The GOP pushing BS Abortion Bills in the states as well as filing lawsuits to fight protections for Trans and LTGB people The party will still not rally around Biden or to be honest around some other Dem.

I kind of feel like the Dems are a lost ship right now trying to find the course but you have some of their members hiding the maps.

I dont know as much about politics as some of the other members on this board. But these are just my thoughts.
    When a Party is in the White House, the President is the face of the Party. That is just how it is. If Biden chooses not to run in 2024, that will change.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Well said. I’d love to hear a non-bullshit explanation how shortening the number of days and the times polling places are open contributes to security of the process.
    then you would have called the election on election night and allowed for courts to hold up the process for investigations? The idea of limits both before and after is to proscribe interference and challenge. Right or wrong that is the operative notion of elections being snapshots of the electorate.

At first I thought the GOP was doing this to make Biden look bad was just some goofy conspiracy theory. But looking at how they are fighting things and the reaction of people I am really starting to believe this.
    It's their mantra. Basically Republicans have so little confidence in their ability to attract voters based on policy and hard work, that they believe that the only way they can win is by commandeering elections, make it as close to impossible as possible to stop voters who won't vote for them from voting at all, and sabotaging and undermining and demonizing their opponents [Mostly Democrats, but some Republicans who refuse to follow the 'Party Line').

If they expended even a fraction of this energy on actually accomplishing something productive and beneficial to Americans, they might start wining elections on their own merits.

Democrats are playing chess, Republicans keep stealing the chess pieces and overturning the board.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.