Page 221 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 1211712112172182192202212222232242252312713217211221 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

City of Columbus looking into OSU grad’s death after she was reportedly sprayed with tear gas at a protest

COLUMBUS (WCMH) — The City of Columbus is looking into social media reports saying a young woman died after being sprayed with tear gas during a protest in Columbus.

The woman has been identified on Instagram as 22-year-old Sarah Grossman, a recent Ohio State graduate.

The City of Columbus said on Twitter the Columbus Fire Department does not have a record of an EMT transport to any Columbus-area hospitals.

The City of Columbus replied to their original tweet, adding that the Montgomery County Coroner’s Office is handling her autopsy and the City will look into any possible Columbus connection.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I live and work in Detroit. It was tough to put together. But instead of just seething, I’ve gathered some thoughts about these current affairs and put them into a blog. Feel free to read or share.

https://tinyurl.com/y85tbr3d

#AfricanAmericans

In 1967, Detroit had an iconic rebellion, which contributed highly to it's current state of affairs, struggling economically and racially.

There is no "antifa." At least not as an organization. It's barely a movement. It doesn't even register as a word on my spellcheck.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I heard about this. How stupid does Droopy Dogg Barr think we are?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Condoleezza Rice: Trump should 'speak in the language of unity, the language of empathy'

Condoleezza Rice: Trump should 'speak in the language of unity, the language of empathy'
    © Getty Images
    Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice on Sunday called on President Trump to address Americans in “the language of unity” amid ongoing protests over the police-involved killing of George Floyd.

“I would ask the president to first and foremost speak in the language of unity, the language of empathy. Not everyone is going to agree with any president, with this president, but you have to speak to every American, not just to those who might agree with you,” Rice, who served during the George W. Bush administration, said on CBS’s “Face the Nation.”

“I've heard the president talk about the resilience of Americans. I'd love to hear more of that. Twitter and tweeting are not great ways for complex thoughts, for complex messages,” she added. “When the president speaks, it needs to be from a place of thoughtfulness, from a place of having really honed the message so that it reaches all Americans.”
    This kinda **** just pisses me off. She is smart. I completely disagree with her politically. But, she knows good and damn well Trump does not have an empathetic bone in his massive body. Why you being fake and evasive? The language of Unity? He can barely speak the English language let alone a philosophical language of "unity". Get out of here with that ****

Not only does he not want to unify. He revels and loves being divisive. He thinks racial fights are a win for him. And she damn well knows that.

At least Colin Powell was honest in his remarks today.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    There is no "antifa." At least not as an organization. It's barely a movement. It doesn't even register as a word on my spellcheck.
    It might mean more over in Europe, but here it's an odd dog of an movement. Basically, if you hear about a White Nationalist march or event in or near your community, you and your friends can dress in black, cover your faces with masks, and intercept them. Face them and try to stop them or challenge them.

That, in a nutshell, is Antifa in the US from what I have read. Anyone can do it, if they want.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post

This kinda **** just pisses me off. She is smart. I completely disagree with her politically. But, she knows good and damn well Trump does not have an empathetic bone in his massive body. Why you being fake and evasive? The language of Unity? He can barely speak the English language let alone a philosophical language of "unity". Get out of here with that ****

Not only does he not want to unify. He revels and loves being divisive. He thinks racial fights are a win for him. And she damn well knows that.

At least Colin Powell was honest in his remarks today.
    Colin Powell is indeed way more honest. It's too bad that in white Republican/Tea Party culture, General Powell is looked upon as a "RINO" (Republican In Name Only) and is spoken of horribly in these social circles.

Astonishing Member

Jacksonville-area Naval Academy alumni board member resigns after accidentally broadcasting racial slurs

“Somehow I clicked onto some live event,” Scott Bethmann can be heard saying in the now-viral video.

In video reviewed by the Times-Union, Bethmann can be heard talking about how large companies including Citi Bank are coming out with statements denouncing racism and showing solidarity to the Black Lives Matter movement.

“I’ve got the emails about how we’re supporting and we need to fix this problem, f--- you,” he said in the video. “So all the white people have to say something nice to the black b---- that works in the office. But the black b---- don’t get fired. It’s bulls---. Management’s going to fire the white people.”

At one point, Nancy refers to the black community and the “f---ing Asians” and Scott uses the N-word.

“The white m-----f----- can’t say anything,” Bethmann said on the live video. “That’s the point we’re making here, Nancy.”

The pair also discussed how minority groups, particularly women, in the military were going to “steal our intellectual property.”

By the end of the 33-minute accidental stream, which mostly shows a black screen, the video shows Bethmann realizing he’s live and pointing the camera at his cream colored couch. He starts reading the comments aloud and asks “What are they talking about?” before muttering “Oops,” and cutting the feed.
    Ok this self own made me chuckle. Technology coming for another racist. You cant even lament with your wife all your pent up racist frustration on your own couch anymore! Damn technology and accidentally streaming!

Then the obligatory "apology" . Please lol. They meant every single word they said that was their hearts speaking. They are only sorry it got out.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Jacksonville-area Naval Academy alumni board member resigns after accidentally broadcasting racial slurs

Ok this self own made me chuckle. Technology coming for another racist. You cant even lament with your wife all your pent up racist frustration on your own couch anymore! Damn technology and accidentally streaming!

Then the obligatory "apology" . Please lol. They meant every single word they said that was their hearts speaking. They are only sorry it got out.
    Foolish thoughts such as “Management’s going to fire the white people.” and “steal our intellectual property.” goes to show that “Black Lives Matter“ should not only encourage improving the quality of life black people, but also a sense of unity in communities with a diverse range of individuals who are willing to throw away their misguided assumptions and come together to work towards a better society as equals.

Mighty Member

So, if a four black cops did the same thing to a white man, and he was under the same conditions that George Floyd was, would this be starting national news and protests?

Ultimate Member

[Deleted.]
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 06-07-2020 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    So, if a four black cops did the same thing to a white man, and he was under the same conditions that George Floyd was, would this be starting national news and protests?
    Consider this:

A Black Officer, a White Woman, a Rare Murder Conviction. Is It ‘Hypocrisy,’ or Justice?

Majority of cops don't get convicted, so why is it that one of the few that did is a Black Cop who killed a White Women?

I'm not saying that he shouldn't have been held accountable, the question is why aren't more White Officers held accountable for similar acts?

If the situation set up occurred as you suggested, what are the odds that the Black Cops would have been immediately prosecuted?

In the current case, it took days, several videos, and a public outcry before the Officers were even fired much less charged with a crime. The Local DA was even trying to come up with excuses why they weren't going to get charged until the state AG Ellison got involved and they were held accountable.
    Last edited by Tami; 06-07-2020 at 01:59 PM.

BANNED

Ultimate Member

Technology is exposing them for the racists and liars that they always try to pretend not to be while in "mixed" company.

That's why they like to focus on hypotheticals about "what if" instead of addressing "what is" with regards to white supremacy and police brutality.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 06-07-2020 at 02:02 PM.