Effing lawl.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis says he won't run for president because he's busy 'trying to make sure people are not supporting critical race theory'
    https://www.***************.com/ron-...theory-2021-10

*sigh* It's a business Insider link, so you can figure out how to follow it from there. xD

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Effing lawl.

*sigh* It's a business Insider link, so you can figure out how to follow it from there. xD
    My guess? DeathSantis knows he has ZERO shot at the presidency, especially if Trump throws his undead animal toupee in the ring.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My guess? DeathSantis knows he has ZERO shot at the presidency, especially if Trump throws his undead animal toupee in the ring.
    Plus he might lose the governor's mansion if he goes against His Orangeness. Donnie remembers every imagined slight, and I'm sure he would take running against him in a primary that he considers his by right to be a pretty major thing.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Effing lawl.

I am taking myself out of the running for something I never had a shot at to begin with. But I will give this BS reason that will play huge with my ******* racist base so I look like the hero.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I am taking myself out of the running for something I never had a shot at to begin with. But I will give this BS reason that will play huge with my ******* racist base so I look like the hero.
    And DeSantis' approval rating is falling pretty handily in Florida and he has a real shot at losing the govenrorship, which is why he's making even harder right turn now in the hopes that it will work for him.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The entire country is horrified by the monster that DeSantis has become with his covid horse ****. So of course whoever runs against him will paint him as a f'n ghoul on the main stage ...repeatedly. So who wants to be known nationally in 2024 as a man who led their state into having tons more death ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

As a Floridian, I don't trust a damned word DeSantis says. I fully expect him to still run in 2024, even if keeps the governorship(which, because Florida, I think is still a high possibility), even if it is just to try and get that sweet VP gig with Daddy Trump in the hopes that Trump croaks in office and he gets to take over(or at least eventually set himself as an heir).

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    As a Floridian, I don't trust a damned word DeSantis says. I fully expect him to still run in 2024, even if keeps the governorship(which, because Florida, I think is still a high possibility), even if it is just to try and get that sweet VP gig with Daddy Trump in the hopes that Trump croaks in office and he gets to take over(or at least eventually set himself as an heir).
    He'll run, as will many other wannabe Trumps, in 2024 if trump himself doesn't.

The VP gig depends on it trump is open to consider VPs, instead of just choosing one of his children.

TBH, I doubt DeSantis would stand a chance no matter what he does, so I'd rather he tried and failed then have to deal with Trump running again.

Doing so would also free up the FL governor's seat and hopefully someone sane might get it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

And DeSantis' approval rating is falling pretty handily in Florida and he has a real shot at losing the govenrorship, which is why he's making even harder right turn now in the hopes that it will work for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The entire country is horrified by the monster that DeSantis has become with his covid horse ****. So of course whoever runs against him will paint him as a f'n ghoul on the main stage ...repeatedly. So who wants to be known nationally in 2024 as a man who led their state into having tons more death ?
    Moscow Mitch and Craven Kevin will probably talk DeathSantis into not running for president because the governor's office figures to be in play, and the GQP absolutely doesn't want to risk losing Florida to the Dems.

Moscow Mitch and Craven Kevin will probably talk DeathSantis into not running for president because the governor's office figures to be in play, and the GQP absolutely doesn't want to risk losing Florida to the Dems.
    Even if that happens, DeathSentence will just sign his powers over to the legislature anyways rather than risk a Democrat appointing state judges or trying to govern.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Got an alert that Kegger Kavanaugh tested positive for COVID. It was reported he had been vaccinated and showed no symptoms. Makes me wonder if other members of SCOTUS got the shot.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 10-01-2021 at 06:26 AM.

Got an alert that Kegger Kavanaugh tested positive for COVID. It was reported he had been vaccinated and showed no symptoms. Makes me wonder if other members of SCOTUS got the shot.
    I could believe that there's a couple of dumbasses on the conservative side getting "advice" from RWNJs in their ears that they haven't yet. Clarence Thomas' wife Ginny was nuts enough to have been present on 1/6, and I wouldn't be surprised to learn he passed on the shot.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

On this date, in both 2014, as well as in 2015, "Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day" profiled Bishop Phil Gingrey, a former OBGYN who was so vehement in his dislike of healthcare reform, that on an episode of Hardball, he advised Tea Partiers to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights and bring firearms into the town halls where they were already deliberately making ugly scenes just to disrupt progress. Gingrey also defended former Rep. Todd Akin’s “Legitimate Rape” comments, which is even more sad when you consider his medical background very clearly should have told him that no, in fact, a woman’s body does not “have ways of shutting that whole thing down”. But perhaps his saddest moment as a former doctor came in 2014 when he claimed migrant children from South America were bringing the Ebola Virus across the U.S. Mexico border into the United States, which defies all logic and epidemiology. He failed at getting elected to U.S. Senate in Georgia in 2014, and has gone on to become a K Street lobbyist.

In 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, as well as in 2020, "Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day" profile of the U.S. House Representative from Mississippi’s 1st Congressional District, Trent Kelly, a former District Attorney, who when he was presented with the opportunity to prosecute a hate crime committed against Devin Norman on federal charges, a man who was brutally beaten for being gay in March of 2015. Campaigning solely on his service to his country, Kelly won a terribly crowded GOP Primary against more challengers than can be counted on your fingers, in spite of having almost no stated stances on the issues. And the only thing he did specify is that he would like the 14th Amendment, which normally covers birthright citizenship to also cover “pre-born human beings”. For those needing a translation of what that means, it means that Kelly’s making an end-around attack on Roe v. Wade by having the 14th Amendment declare zygotes and fetuses to be fully functional human beings and not just clumps of cells, so they get the constitutional rights that would make aborting them murder.

So it probably will come as little surprise that right around the time Trent Kelly arrived in Washington, D.C., and the Republican Party was s***ting itself in fury over the Center for Medical Progress’ “sting” video of Planned Parenthood, that he signed onto a letter promising he would vote to shut down the government if Planned Parenthood was not defunded, based off of a video that experts have debunked as a fraud. During the controversy over the Trump administration’s “family separation” policy in July of 2018, Rep. Kelly went on record after touring immigrant detention centers that were imprisoning children in cages and deemed those methods “appropriate”.

Trent Kelly won re-election in 2020 with 69% of the vote, and resumed having one of the most conservative voting records, even for most Bible Belt Republicans:

Trent Kelly survived re-election even with the FEC investigating his illegal campaign fundraising finances of accepting donations larger than the allowed limit, and is currently doing everything he can to avoid talking about how his state was one of the worst in Covid-19 vaccination rates and its medical system is being overwhelmed by the unvaccinated spreading the disease. When he gets cornered about it, he certainly is speaking out of both sides of his mouth, recommending people get vaccinated, but calling any effort to mandate people in government employ to do so “illegal and unconstitutional.

Guess he’s only “pro-life” when the lives are still at the zygote stage.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 10-01-2021 at 09:30 AM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I could believe that there's a couple of dumbasses on the conservative side getting "advice" from RWNJs in their ears that they haven't yet. Clarence Thomas' wife Ginny was nuts enough to have been present on 1/6, and I wouldn't be surprised to learn he passed on the shot.
    Either Thomas or Amy "Covid" Barrett. Maybe both.

This Deal that democrats are working on better get passed.