Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    ...except that they're objectively wrong.

This isn't a "whatabout" kind of thing, it's objective reality on one side and delusions on the other.
    I am afraid it is as the idea of 'objective' gets blurred as it gets further and further away from science dragging even science down with it. Politics like social sciences that feeds it is seen, and rightfully so, as not objective but willed subjectivity filled with 'ought to be' rather than 'the way it is' as we see in the climate "debate" or about Covid being injected with a morality that is misplaced in science. The law certainly tries to create order and objectivity but like so much in our post-structural age a constructed or fabricated norm can be taken for pernicious one that serves some end of those in power rather than the common good.

or to get specific about elections, law changes and exceptions right before an election feeds this sense of being played. It isn't as if elections have never been false and used by vested powers?

According to the account by Johnson biographer Robert Caro, the future president won a runoff primary by a mere 87 votes, after 200 extra votes were added to what Foley calls “the infamous Ballot Box 13.” That election may well have seen manipulation beyond that instance too, and on both sides. As Foley points out, though there’s no demonstrable evidence that Johnson himself participated in what happened, there were certainly people in the area who had an interest in his victory and who would have been able to make sure it happened. That sort of planned and intentional manipulation qualifies, for Foley, as rigging an election.
    Ballot Battles
    The History of Disputed Elections in the United States
    Edward Foley

heck the 1876 presidential election is an even grander example of he said she said .

One of the elections that sometimes comes up in discussions of possibly rigged presidential contests is 1960, as some claim there is evidence that John F. Kennedy’s victories in Illinois and Texas—and thus in the Electoral College as a whole—were illegitimate. In fact, Foley says it’s impossible to know either way. Kennedy’s opponent Richard Nixon knew that he would have to overturn both results to win the election, and that Texas was a one-party state (and home of JFK’s running-mate Lyndon Johnson) where there was no fair process for a recount, so there was no point in pursuing any such charge. That lack of a good recount system may have led Nixon to give up when he could have won. Or, on the other hand, it may have left an undeserved mark of speculation on Kennedy’s record, which would have been cleared by a recount.

The real lesson of 1960, the same lesson that was seen in the 1820s and in 2000, is that it’s important to have a reliable system for verifying an election result.
    https://time.com/4536566/rigged-elec...rican-history/
    Last edited by Xheight; 10-04-2021 at 11:08 AM.

Facebook is having a wonderful day.

On the heels of the whistleblower, they are now having a widespread outage along with a massive stock drop.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Facebook is having a wonderful day.

On the heels of the whistleblower, they are now having a widespread outage along with a massive stock drop.
    Been busy working, but the last feed on my account was some four hours ago, so I guess things aren't back to normal.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Been busy working, but the last feed on my account was some four hours ago, so I guess things aren't back to normal.
    Mine won't even connect.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Andrew Yang is 'breaking up' with the Democratic Party and is now an independent

So he's finally done it. But if I were in his shoes, I'd join the Green Party instead of launching a new party. Vote Green, not blue.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Andrew Yang is 'breaking up' with the Democratic Party and is now an independent

So he's finally done it. But if I were in his shoes, I'd join the Green Party instead of launching a new party. Vote Green, not blue.
    Vote Green, get a Red president, like in 2000...

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I don't think Trump supporting Republicans want a Democracy, they don't want people to vote. All they want is a way to hold onto power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    Gosh and you think the Trump people don't think the same about those that stole the election as serving some greater good in their minds and justifying their hold on power with legalist constructs?
    Except no credible evidence has ever been presented that the election was stolen, whereas the attempt of Trump supporters to override democracy via force so that their preferred candidate could hold onto power was seen by the entire world live on television. Not only that but some of those participating in the attempt shared their involvement on social media.

Claims the election was stolen have no basis in reality, while there's a multitude of evidence that many Trump supporters would dispense with democracy if it enabled them to monopolize the levers of power.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Yea. The link I posted a couple pages back where he claims 9/11 was CGI and Photoshop. A unique POV and not a batshit crazy loon spouting batshit crazy lies!
    To be fair his comments about September 11 being photoshopped came after the mental health evaluation.

That said, he provided much reason for concern about his mental health well before expressing the apeshit insane opinion that 9/11 was photoshopped.

More use by the Law of a field of medicine as "science" and proof of something. This is why red flag laws are regarded with such suspicion as just authorities getting together to crush individuals which unique POVs. It is Okay to tolerate writers and artists with such but not law makers, lawyers and constituencies that buck some larger agenda. (until they too are "dangerous" to the state) **sigh**
    First, these aren't just eccentric opinions.

In addition, it's not just his opinion, but his actions. He refused to undergo a mental health evaluation.

As for your point, we should actually treat lawmakers and lawyers differently, because they've got more access to information, so they shouldn't be spreading complete and utter bullshit. These are professions with clear procedures, so there's an obligation to follow those procedures which doesn't apply to artists and writers. Amateurs will always be held to a lower standard than the professionals.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    Vote Green, get a Red president, like in 2000...
    So that's why the Democrats worked so hard to suppress the Green vote in 2020! https://www.gp.org/dem_voter_suppression

First the burn Bernie then broke Howie.

The Democrats routinely seek to knock the Greens off the ballot due to technical problems in meeting the rules written by the two parties. In Pennsylvania, which has attempted to charge candidates tens of thousands of dollars for the fees of lawyers who challenged Green ballot petitions, Democrats are challenging the Green presidential ticket over the routine practice of listing stand-in candidates that are replaced once the national nominating convention picks the ticket. In Wisconsin, Democrats are challenging because VP candidate Angela Walker moved during the petitioning period. The campaign notified the Wisconsin election commission and followed their instructions. In Montana, the Democrats harassed 600 individuals to remove their names from petitions that had been submitted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

In addition, it's not just his opinion, but his actions. He refused to undergo a mental health evaluation.

As for your point, we should actually treat lawmakers and lawyers differently, because they've got more access to information, so they shouldn't be spreading complete and utter bullshit. These are professions with clear procedures, so there's an obligation to follow those procedures which doesn't apply to artists and writers. Amateurs will always be held to a lower standard than the professionals.
    I dont say this often but Mets you nailed it on the head
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post

Apparently, Yang he wasn't happy with getting 12% of the vote in New York and would rather consign himself to 1%. If you're going to fail, fail big!
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    To be fair his comments about September 11 being photoshopped came after the mental health evaluation.

That said, he provided much reason for concern about his mental health well before expressing the apeshit insane opinion that 9/11 was photoshopped.

OMG - my sheepskin sez I am more qualified to tell you what is right and wrong. Sorry that's just authority in place of rationales. Lawmakers are no different than artists in that they deal in opinion and politicians in particular are intended to reflect opinions. I am not saying some opinions aren't better than others when it comes to verifiable and falsifiable conclusions about reality. 9/11 has material conditions and hundreds of eyewitness but elections are not such more and more so because of the role of technology and intentionally lax standards of voter ID.

As to mental health, Vincent "The Chin" Gigante should tell you all you need to know about the "science" of mental health in our law and how malleable it is. The FB story should also tip us to the fact that this is just more of why the technocrats are not to be trusted with the truth expert or no .
    Last edited by Xheight; 10-04-2021 at 02:33 PM. Reason: sp. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Apparently, Yang he wasn't happy with getting 12% of the vote in New York and would rather consign himself to 1%. If you're going to fail, fail big!
    It is unfortunate that Working Families teams with Democrats so we will never know how viable any third party is.

Mighty Member

It is unfortunate that Working Families teams with Democrats so we will never know how viable any third party is.
    Why aren't the Republicans making a third party?

Ultimate Member

Yes, how unfortunate that people stay with the party that helps them. Unheard of, truly