Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    To be Honest I think the way things stand now Biden would have a tough spot to run. To be honest I thought for sure Harris would have had a bigger role in the White House thus far and kind of be groomed as the hier to biden but that does not seem to be happening. I dont know what Dem would be a good choice for Biden if he doesnt run in 24. I havnt really heard any names jump out in the news and such. To be honest right now I think he is backed into a corner to run despite his age.
    I suspect Harris may be keeping a low profile while the heat from Afghanistan and the COVID mandates dies down. If they plan to run her in 2024, the more distance she has from those negative talking points, the better. When voters in ‘24 think back about these events they’ll hold Biden accountable.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I know you hate that Hillary won the popular vote, and it's telling to that fact that you started bleating about 2016. But in that year Trump BARELY won multiple swing states WITH Russian help, whereas Biden won several comfortably, and won Georgia in a surprise without any. (And Russia was helping Trump again.)

2020 wasn't even close.
    Which makes it all the more painful for those on the fringe left who were hoping that Biden would lose so they could declare "I TOLD YOU SO!"
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Which makes it all the more painful for those on the fringe left who were hoping that Biden would lose so they could declare "I TOLD YOU SO!"
    I care not for what the fringe of either side says...

I care about the numbers and the reality. It. Wasn't. Close.

It is contested. By loons.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I know you hate that Hillary won the popular vote, and it's telling to that fact that you started bleating about 2016. But in that year Trump BARELY won multiple swing states WITH Russian help, whereas Biden won several comfortably, and won Georgia in a surprise without any. (And Russia was helping Trump again.)

2020 wasn't even close.
    His opponent was in the middle of taking a flame thrower to his chances by face planting during a pandemic, and Biden only won those states comfortably.

It was close with Biden having a legitimate advantage that should have made it a potential slam dunk.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I suspect Harris may be keeping a low profile while the heat from Afghanistan and the COVID mandates dies down. If they plan to run her in 2024, the more distance she has from those negative talking points, the better. When voters in ‘24 think back about these events they’ll hold Biden accountable.
    In a world where everyone and their brother can pretty easily point to that you were ducking actually dealing with the things that your ticket ran on?

Coin toss.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    His opponent was in the middle of taking a flame thrower to his chances by face planting during a pandemic, and Biden only won those states comfortably.

It was close with Biden having a legitimate advantage that should have made it a potential slam dunk.
    "iT wAsN't As BiG a WiN yOu SeE bEcAuSe TrUmP wAs A TeRrIbBlE pReSiDeNt FoR fOuR yEaRs EspEcIaLlY bY BoTcHiNg CoViD. sHoUlD hAvE bEeN bIgGeR."

I don't care. Biden WON. Biden WON BIG.

Full stop. Those are the numbers. With a sane GOP that weren't ready to have an insurrection weeks later, maybe they wouldn't have voted for the former occupant, especially given his botched leadership killed hundreds of thousands of people. Especially if they weren't actively suppressing the minority vote since a certain Supreme Court decision.

So if it's not bigger? Look at Fox News, look at GOP voter suppression. That's why it was "close" at a 7 million difference.

"iT wAsN't As BiG a WiN yOu SeE bEcAuSe TrUmP wAs A TeRrIbBlE pReSiDeNt FoR fOuR yEaRs EspEcIaLlY bY BoTcHiNg CoViD. sHoUlD hAvE bEeN bIgGeR."

I don't care. Biden WON. Biden WON BIG.

Full stop. Those are the numbers. With a sane GOP that weren't ready to have an insurrection weeks later, maybe they wouldn't have voted for the former occupant, especially given his botched leadership killed hundreds of thousands of people. Especially if they weren't actively suppressing the minority vote since a certain Supreme Court decision.

So if it's not bigger? Look at Fox News, look at GOP voter suppression. That's why it was "close" at a 7 million difference.
    More like how someone wants to see the numbers.

For starters, three states decided by under three-quarters of a percentage point.

Past that, winning Pennsylvania by under one and a quarter percentage points running against someone taking a flame thrower to their chances. Never mind the couple of other states that stayed under three percentage points.

Any of that could have broke the other way.

With Biden running against someone who was trying to hand him the win.

It was anything but a big win.

It was one that Biden pulled out under pretty singular circumstances that he will never be able to count on again.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

More like how someone wants to see the numbers.

For starters, three states decided by under three-quarters of a percentage point.

Past that, winning Pennsylvania by under one and a quarter percentage points running against someone taking a flame thrower to their chances. Never mind the couple of other states that stayed under three percentage points.

Any of that could have broke the other way.

With Biden running against someone who was trying to hand him the win.

It was anything but a big win.

It was one that Biden pulled out under pretty singular circumstances that he will never be able to count on again.
    Sadly, those results said more about a sizable portion of the populace that clamored for four more years of hate, racism, misogyny, xenophobia, homophobia, white supremacy, greed, incompetence and all around chaos. I see that as a disease almost as deadly as the virus that's killed nearly three quarters of a million Americans, only, unlike COVID, there is no vaccine for this sickness.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Sadly, those results said more about a sizable portion of the populace that clamored for four more years of hate, racism, misogyny, xenophobia, homophobia, white supremacy, greed, incompetence and all around chaos. I see that as a disease almost as deadly as the virus that's killed nearly three quarters of a million Americans, only, unlike COVID, there is no vaccine for this sickness.
    When it comes to what is in blue?

That is the one place that I might disagree.

Even the really thick blockheads might be able to see that you made their everyday lives better.

The problem being that Biden has a pretty tough row to hoe when it comes to trying to do so.

A decreasing body count in all the places where Republicans still aren't actively doing everything they can to spread disease is a pretty good statistic to cite.
    Can you quantify competence and a lack of crimes being committed? Because that's a low to zero number.

He's not perfect. But goddamn, it's nice to read the news on a daily basis and not be horrified and terrified by what's being said and done by those in power. Sure, I get disappointed with some stories, but it's not literally like 3 moments of deep despair at the stupidity of it a day.

My main grievance is nobody's arrested Trump yet. For, y'know, all the crimes.

A decreasing body count in all the places where Republicans still aren't actively doing everything they can to spread disease is a pretty good statistic to cite.
    Can you quantify competence and a lack of crimes being committed? Because that's a low to zero number.

He's not perfect. But goddamn, it's nice to read the news on a daily basis and not be horrified and terrified by what's being said and done by those in power. Sure, I get disappointed with some stories, but it's not literally like 3 moments of deep despair at the stupidity of it a day.

Trump going to jail is a fun thought and it gives the talking heads something to talk about for a couple segments to get ratings. But truth is it will never happen. His lackeys as we have seen yes, Trump himself? Never going to sit in a cell.

If he is arrested he will bail out, his lawyers will file motion after motion and things will go super slow. if he ever does go to trial a jury trail would be his best friend.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Trump going to jail is a fun thought and it gives the talking heads something to talk about for a couple segments to get ratings. But truth is it will never happen. His lackeys as we have seen yes, Trump himself? Never going to sit in a cell.

If he is arrested he will bail out, his lawyers will file motion after motion and things will go super slow. if he ever does go to trial a jury trail would be his best friend.
    Well, everyone that should be going after him is probably to concerned with their piece of the pie to even take a run at it.

Tax dodging in one state seems like the most realistic possibility.

One guy's take...

It's a very short path back to there(or something like it...)

Those disappointments are all how that ball starts rolling.

While I'd rather it didn't go that way, I'm not seeing anything out of this administration so far that puts my mind at ease as far as the future goes.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    You think voters in 2024 will remember stuff from 2021? That's beyond optimistic.
    Watching television is not an activity.

One guy's take...

It's a very short path back to there(or something like it...)

Those disappointments are all how that ball starts rolling.

While I'd rather it didn't go that way, I'm not seeing anything out of this administration so far that puts my mind at ease as far as the future goes.
    My mind isn't at ease... so much as I can emphatically say I am not feeling extreme unease that we're doomed every time I look up. We're not devolving into fascism or authoritarianism.

It would not be so bold as to describe my feelings about the Biden administration as... hope. I just need competence to not blow everything up. And that's what they're giving. It's better than the Trump alternative... certain doom.

And that's my pitch for a bumper sticker for 2024... "Biden 2024: It's Not Certain Doom".