It would have been better if they had been honest and complained about the amount of the state that is federal land (about 65% in Utah, 2nd or 3rd most of any state, behind Nevada and maybe Alaska) rather than invoke tribes whose last statements on the matter are the exact opposite of what he claimed.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    It would have been better if they had been honest and complained about the amount of the state that is federal land (about 65% in Utah, 2nd or 3rd most of any state, behind Nevada and maybe Alaska) rather than invoke tribes whose last statements on the matter are the exact opposite of what he claimed.
    But hey, why would Qpublicans be honest when it's easier and more convenient to lie? Hell, I'm gonna guess Romney and Lee never even met with the tribes before they spoke (i.e., lied) on their behalf.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    As I said on another thread, Chapelle seems to be turning into a 21st century Lenny Bruce. When Bruce started talking more about his run-ins with the law than his observations on life, he stopped being funny. As Chapelle talks more about the controversies over his act than the act itself, he runs the risk of no longer being funny as well.
    Chappelle judging from his humor and spots I have seen of his last few specials seems to have drifted into more observational humor impacting him and the world now at times. Its a lot different than the guy in his late 20's/30's who did Chappelle's Show. A lot now are calling him a comic voice of the generation and he seems to have a number of comics praising him for his non-PC stance with his act (Damon Wayans , Norm MacDonald (before he died as TMZ tried to get him to blast Dave in a spot but Norm praised him instead) etc.

Comedy itself is one where Jerry Seinfield told years ago he won't do college campus tours because the audience there would not accept his humor. He has said Seinfeld today would not have worked due to the changes nowadays.

A lot of comedians would shock the audiences today. Richard Pryor would be ripped on due to humor about women , marriage , drugs etc. Then there is George Carlin who really would say some things as well.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

GOP rallies around Manchin, Sinema

But in a 50-50 Senate, where Manchin and Sinema can make or break Biden’s policy goals, many Republicans hail them as saviors.

“I tell them I think they’re saving the county,” said Senate Minority Whip John Thune (R-S.D.).

“I know they’re getting beat up by their leadership and their base and everything else, but I think they’re in a really good place right now because they’re in a position to influence and shape what comes out of this,” he added.

When Manchin told reporters recently that he didn’t want to spend more than $1.5 trillion on Biden’s Build Back Better agenda because he didn’t want “to change our whole society to an entitlement mentality,” it was music to the ears of GOP colleagues.

Thune said both Manchin and Sinema are “playing an incredibly constructive role in trying to make the country stronger, not weaker.”

Progressives see Manchin and Sinema as stubborn opponents and disloyal to their party and president.
    Same old same. They may as well swap to GOP at this point. Their refusal to work with a Democratic agenda that is actually popular with the public will be a big reason that it will be harder to get the necessary turnout and enthusiasm to possibly stave off losses in midterms.

Biden's approval is low and he's made some mistakes obviously. But these 2 have played a massive part in not being able to get a fraction of the agenda moved forward after the hard fought 50-50 control of the Senate.

GOP is still pushing Trumps election fraud agenda and still don't offer any actual policy platforms other than "owning the libs" and banning health mandates and masks.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post

Same old same. They may as well swap to GOP at this point. Their refusal to work with a Democratic agenda that is actually popular with the public will be a big reason that it will be harder to get the necessary turnout and enthusiasm to possibly stave off losses in midterms.

Biden's approval is low and he's made some mistakes obviously. But these 2 have played a massive part in not being able to get a fraction of the agenda moved forward after the hard fought 50-50 control of the Senate.

GOP is still pushing Trumps election fraud agenda and still don't offer any actual policy platforms other than "owning the libs" and banning health mandates and masks.
    Well, it only stands to reason hypocritical Qpublicans would be cheering on Manchin and Sinema since they're doing the GQP's dirty work of wrecking Biden's agenda. Manchin no doubt feels it's important to keep the filibuster intact by any means necessary, even if that results in the country crashing down, but Sinema's a nutbag who's in it just for the money she's getting from donors. Yeah, I agree those might as well switch parties as they couldn't do anymore damage if they were full time right wingers.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Chappelle judging from his humor and spots I have seen of his last few specials seems to have drifted into more observational humor impacting him and the world now at times. Its a lot different than the guy in his late 20's/30's who did Chappelle's Show. A lot now are calling him a comic voice of the generation and he seems to have a number of comics praising him for his non-PC stance with his act (Damon Wayans , Norm MacDonald (before he died as TMZ tried to get him to blast Dave in a spot but Norm praised him instead) etc.

Comedy itself is one where Jerry Seinfield told years ago he won't do college campus tours because the audience there would not accept his humor. He has said Seinfeld today would not have worked due to the changes nowadays.

A lot of comedians would shock the audiences today. Richard Pryor would be ripped on due to humor about women , marriage , drugs etc. Then there is George Carlin who really would say some things as well.
    Some of those same comedians shocked audiences back then, too. I've heard some comedians and critics of comedy make the argument that it is the job of comedians to shock people.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post

You know they are in the wrong party when Fox News calls them some of the most common sense and brave political figures right now.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    You know they are in the wrong party when Fox News calls them some of the most common sense and brave political figures right now.
    Manchin and Sinema are to the GQP today what people thought Trump was to the party in 2017 until he eventually took it over....useful idiots.

The thing that upsets me about Manchin and Sinema isnt just that they are shutting the bill down. But they are giving great clickbait and talking points to the GOP. Biden's Agenda is so flawed even his own party will not support it. They blame us in the GOP for stalling things but his own party is fighting each other. That is why nothing is getting down. They are painting it as if Manchin and Sinema were not fighting this they would be all on board for the bills and it would pass in a second. And people are buying it!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

The fix for the Manchin and Sinema problem is to keep the seats we have and take as many seats from the GOP as possible in 2024.
    Those two will wake up the day after the elections to find out they have no power and few friends.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Southlake school leader tells teachers to balance Holocaust books with 'opposing' views

This makes me beyond furious. If you hold an 'opposing view' to the Holocaust, you can piss off.

I see people talking about how great it is to live in Texas, and sure, it's beautiful country. But with the government they got on the state level, the way the deregulate utilities and over-regulate women, the restrictions they are placing on businesses and schools- I wouldn't want to live there, let alone raise a child there. I'd even be hesitant to visit, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    The fix for the Manchin and Sinema problem is to keep the seats we have and take as many seats from the GOP as possible in 2024.
    Those two will wake up the day after the elections to find out they have no power and few friends.
    We need to take some in 2022.

There are 14 Democrats and 20 Republicans up for reelection in 2022. 5 Republicans (Roy Blunt of MO, Richard Burr of NC, Rob Portman of OH, Richard Shelby of AL, and Patrick Toomey of PA) have announced they are retiring. I'm not sure if any Democrat has a chance of winning in those states (we did have Clair McCaskill in MO for years, but the rural areas of the state have gotten redder and tend to overwhelm the major cities during elections).

What worries me is Georgia. With all they are doing to suppress the vote, it will be very hard for Raphael Warnock to win re-election against whatever Trump-loving Republican runs against him.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Southlake school leader tells teachers to balance Holocaust books with 'opposing' views

This makes me beyond furious. If you hold an 'opposing view' to the Holocaust, you can piss off.

I see people talking about how great it is to live in Texas, and sure, it's beautiful country. But with the government they got on the state level, the way the deregulate utilities and over-regulate women, the restrictions they are placing on businesses and schools- I wouldn't want to live there, let alone raise a child there. I'd even be hesitant to visit, to be honest.
    The obvious issue...

“Just try to remember the concepts of [House Bill] 3979,” Peddy said in the recording, referring to a new Texas law that requires teachers to present multiple perspectives when discussing “widely debated and currently controversial” issues. “And make sure that if you have a book on the Holocaust,” Peddy continued, “that you have one that has an opposing, that has other perspectives.”

“How do you oppose the Holocaust?” one teacher said in response.

“Believe me,” Peddy said. “That’s come up.”
    "That's come up..." as in...

- Yeah, agreed.

or

- I'm trying to dodge this.

Someone seriously needs to get that person in front of a camera.

This is the dumbest **** I have every heard! I am not even Jewish and this pisses me off.

I remember I was in prison. And there was a man in there that said there is no 100 percent proof that not only did the holocust happened but that there is no proof of World War 2 happening. I asked how they Hell he could even think this. he said Well I have never seen it. Videos can be faked and people can make up fake stories.

Every one in the prison thought he was a dumbass. I never thought I would live in a world where the dumbest man in prison would be the standard for the way a large group of people think.

We need to take some in 2022.

There are 14 Democrats and 20 Republicans up for reelection in 2022. 5 Republicans (Roy Blunt of MO, Richard Burr of NC, Rob Portman of OH, Richard Shelby of AL, and Patrick Toomey of PA) have announced they are retiring. I'm not sure if any Democrat has a chance of winning in those states (we did have Clair McCaskill in MO for years, but the rural areas of the state have gotten redder and tend to overwhelm the major cities during elections).

What worries me is Georgia. With all they are doing to suppress the vote, it will be very hard for Raphael Warnock to win re-election against whatever Trump-loving Republican runs against him.
    On paper?

That is an absolutely reasonable plan.

Out in actual reality?

The party has a lot of room for improvement when it comes to selling the voter on that the next time will be the one where the part actually delivers results.

As for those seats you think are a long shot?

I think that you don't ever stop trying to create a situation where government actual does Regular Joe/Jane good. Throwing your hands up on trying to have a back and forth with them is probably not the play.