THe GOP here in Ohio is all in on the Trump Train. In the JD Vance race He is being blasted by other GOP members and they are running ads where he bad mouthed and insulted Trump and claim he is not at all a real Republican or a Republican who will represent their values. Meanwhile JD Vance is trying to jump on the Trump train saying he deeply regrets those comments and Trump was a great President.

Sigh!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Well, the saga of the Western turned horror movie shoot Rust is turning even more messed up. Looks like it was a systemic failure due to a budget that was too low to safely shoot this movie. Members of the crew went plinking during lunch, and might have brought back live ammo to the set. The armorer was inexperienced and lacked confidence in her own abilities. The AD had been fired from a previous production for safety concerns, and there were serious complaints about his conduct on Rust. They both may face criminal liability, (the DA has said they have not ruled out criminal prosecution), as may Baldwin, (for negligence both as an actor for not confirming personally that the gun was safe, and for his role as executive producer).

Sad affair all around, and not what the movie industry needs right now. Hopefully, Hollywood will do something to improve set safety...but I won't hold my breath, as Brandon Lee or Hexum or Vic Morrow should have already done it. Not to mention all the near deaths on other movies like Titanic or The Abyss, or the more recent death on that train bridge. And countless injuries on both TV and movie sets.
    I don't think this will be seen as a blight on the industry. The standards on this set were so low, even the members of the crew walked off. Reportedly, it's just not something you'd see on a typical shoot. It will interesting to see who exactly will be held legally responsible though.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I don't think this will be seen as a blight on the industry. The standards on this set were so low, even the members of the crew walked off. Reportedly, it's just not something you'd see on a typical shoot. It will interesting to see who exactly will be held legally responsible though.
    To be sure, this was apparently a very troubled production. Still, there should be industry standards for the use of firearms on set, including training and custody of the weapon issues. But it seems safety on this set was job number 3762.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It seems you're stretching the truth here. I've covered the war games before.

https://www.newsweek.com/bipartisan-...-house-1520561

They weren't saying the goal was for Trump to leave the White House no matter what. Hell, a purpose of the war games was to see what the options were for parties if someone does something unprecedented.

These legal document seems to be different things. Some guy writing about Marc Elias doesn't mean everything he says is inarguably correct.
    War Gamed or planning that must hide its sedition? You are being far too generous as I got word election day from a anarchist friend in DC about street organizing already happening. Under reported is that the "grassroots" .orgs used the same app, Zello, to communicate with people as the Jan. 6 people did later. MSM didn't and doesn't care to report.

As to Elias that - quote is an excerpt from his filing on behalf of the Abrams project demonstrating his involvement and hypocrisy about election integrity.

but thanks yes the Bill of rights says freedom "of" not "from" and the legal history is about how to protect it for everyone by not having an official one.

lastly that Sanders gets along with Biden is no indication of the political goals being the same only Senatorial history. Biden came up in a conservative blue collar base and internalized that to his detriment as that has mostly moved on to Trump and his alliance with the left is and will be one of calculation as we have seen in the BBB and BIF. Looking at the primaries the one thing you neglect to note is the African American vote he brought/bought with Clyburn that under cut every Left candidate not just Bernie. If it is one thing we know about Democratic politics the machine still has greater hold than ideology.
    Last edited by Xheight; 10-27-2021 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    You posted an example of one person. great job. if I posted a list of the Dumbass GOP nutjobs who go one with the stolen election conspiracy theory I would crash the board. Also a huge crowd of terrorists did not storm a government building with zip ties and weapons while chanting about hanging a government official.

This is not at all a both sides issue like the GOP wants to make it out to be. One party has gone off the rails, supports lies, supports terrorists storming the capital to stop a lawful election with weapons and passes voter suppression laws.

But yea both sides.
    Elias isn't some nobody nor is he alone in cooking up all Kinds of BS and working with the Left insurgency. A quick look up will show his work with the Cole Perkins firm where the the whole russiagate confab came out of and was under FBI investigation.
    There are a host of Left PACs that do all kinds of dirty work, one of the latest was involved in the VA race making impersonating phone calls to Right leaning voters or mailings https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...mp-mail-tricky or fake websites https://1010wcsi.com/fox-politics/mc...igation-finds/. Yes both sides.

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/202...per-pacs-2020/

for every American Action Network there is a Sixteen Thirty Fund

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Well, the saga of the Western turned horror movie shoot Rust is turning even more messed up. Looks like it was a systemic failure due to a budget that was too low to safely shoot this movie. Members of the crew went plinking during lunch, and might have brought back live ammo to the set. The armorer was inexperienced and lacked confidence in her own abilities. The AD had been fired from a previous production for safety concerns, and there were serious complaints about his conduct on Rust. They both may face criminal liability, (the DA has said they have not ruled out criminal prosecution), as may Baldwin, (for negligence both as an actor for not confirming personally that the gun was safe, and for his role as executive producer).

Sad affair all around, and not what the movie industry needs right now. Hopefully, Hollywood will do something to improve set safety...but I won't hold my breath, as Brandon Lee or Hexum or Vic Morrow should have already done it. Not to mention all the near deaths on other movies like Titanic or The Abyss, or the more recent death on that train bridge. And countless injuries on both TV and movie sets.
    It has to be said again ...Alec Baldwin was under no responsibility to check a gun he heard the AD yell COLD GUN and was supposed to be cleared. He has been handed guns for years on movie sets. The guy is working with police and thus far the biggest ones coming under blame is the inexperienced armorer and AD who supposed to clear the gun for use.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    At times, suspect the Donald is a negative billionaire owing the banks so much money they dare not pull the plug.
    Trump has been quoted as saying “When you owe the bank 1 Million you have a problem; when you owe the bank 100 Miillion the bank has a problem.”
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It has to be said again ...Alec Baldwin was under no responsibility to check a gun he heard the AD yell COLD GUN and was supposed to be cleared. He has been handed guns for years on movie sets. The guy is working with police and thus far the biggest ones coming under blame is the inexperienced armorer and AD who supposed to clear the gun for use.
    It has to be said again---Baldwin DOES indeed bear responsibility, both as the actor who was the final, fatal part of the chain of fatal failure, and as a producer. Negligence, or criminally negligent homicide is what he might be up for.

I don't care if Baldwin is helping police. So is everyone else involved; it means nothing. Absolutely anyone who has ever handled guns and took the safety course can tell you it absolutely IS the total responsibility of the person handling the gun---they ALWAYS MUST check the gun personally. That "Cold gun" thing is nice, but meaningless----Baldwin should have checked himself. By not doing so, he's opened himself up to those charges. And also by pointing the gun AT someone---which is apparently in direct violation of industry standards. It's worth nothing that actors who have been in films with guns say they'd NEVER just take someone's word a gun is clear---and for reasons this tragedy have made clear. Those actors say they'd ALWAYS check themselves. Jeffery Wright even goes so far as to say he'd leave a production where those rules were not being followed.

Here are the rules for gun safety:

https://www.nssf.org/safety/rules-firearms-safety/

Here is one relevant part of those rules relating to Baldwin's responsibility. Note that these are standard and well known rules of gun safety---breaching them as Baldwin did, (and others on the production as well), can be considered criminally negligent homicide or something similar, which don't need intent as an aspect. My gut feeling is he won't be charged; as one LA defense lawyer said, New Mexico won't want to chase off movie production by holding Baldwin and others in the production criminally culpable. In other words, yep, he probably can be charged, but won't for political reasons.

2. Firearms Should Be Unloaded When Not Actually in Use

Firearms should be loaded only when you are in the field or on the target range or shooting area, ready to shoot. When not in use, firearms and ammunition should be secured in a safe place, separate from each other. It is your responsibility to prevent children and unauthorized adults from gaining access to firearms or ammunition.

Unload your gun as soon as you are finished. A loaded gun has no place in or near a car, truck or building. Unload your gun immediately when you have finished shooting, well before you bring it into a car, camp or home.

Whenever you handle a firearm or hand it to someone, always open the action immediately, and visually check the chamber, receiver and magazine to be certain they do not contain any ammunition. Always keep actions open when not in use. Never assume a gun is unloaded — check for yourself! This is considered a mark of an experienced gun handler!
    I will note that instruction in gun safety is available at every gun shop in the country, so it's easy to get training.
    Last edited by achilles; 10-27-2021 at 12:15 PM.

Astonishing Member

Republicans Are Losing Their Minds Because the DOJ Wants to Help Protect Threatened School Officials

Attorney General Merrick Garland appeared before Senate Judiciary Committee. He ran into a buzzsaw of outraged Republican senators who took the attorney general to task for … allowing federal law enforcement to consult with local law enforcement about how to handle a rash of violent threats against school board officials.

In question was an Oct. 4 memo in which Garland directed the FBI and U.S. attorneys’ offices “to discuss strategies for addressing” the “increase in harassment, intimidation and threats of violence against school board members, teachers and workers in our nation’s public schools.” The memo also called for the creation of a task force “to determine how federal enforcement tools can be used to prosecute these crimes, and ways to assist state, Tribal, territorial and local law enforcement where threats of violence may not constitute federal crimes.”

The memo followed a plea from the National School Boards Association for the Biden administration do something about the increase in “physical threats” school officials are receiving in response to mask mandates and, as the NSBA put it in the memo, “propaganda purporting the false inclusion of critical race theory within classroom instruction and curricula.” The NSBA last week apologized for some of the language it used in its letter, but Garland on Wednesday stood by his Oct. 4 memo, arguing the threats still warrant federal intervention.
    This Garland hearing is typical of the GOP. They are twisting themselves in knots trying to be more outraged than the other. He is trying to tell them DOJ is looking into violence against school boards and members, thats all the memo is doing. They are turning it into the base culture war that DOJ is threatening parents and trying to stop them from speaking out on mandates and "critical race theory" boogeyman.

I don't know how things are gonna be next year, But I got a feeling it won't be good. Voting Districts gerrymandered all to ****, giving republicans an unfair advantage all around, Constant infighting between progressives and centrists that's hurting Biden and the American public at large while the Republicans are foaming at the mouth at their 2022 chances. We got folks out there saying that they will never vote again because their voices aren't being heard which means self-preservation has taken precedent over fighting for social change. How much can We The People take. Just thinking about it makes me hella depressed

Astonishing Member

It has to be said again---Baldwin DOES indeed bear responsibility, both as the actor who was the final, fatal part of the chain of fatal failure, and as a producer. Negligence, or criminally negligent homicide is what he might be up for.

I don't care if Baldwin is helping police. So is everyone else involved; it means nothing. Absolutely anyone who has ever handled guns and took the safety course can tell you it absolutely IS the total responsibility of the person handling the gun---they ALWAYS MUST check the gun personally. That "Cold gun" thing is nice, but meaningless----Baldwin should have checked himself. By not doing so, he's opened himself up to those charges. And also by pointing the gun AT someone---which is apparently in direct violation of industry standards. It's worth nothing that actors who have been in films with guns say they'd NEVER just take someone's word a gun is clear---and for reasons this tragedy have made clear. Those actors say they'd ALWAYS check themselves. Jeffery Wright even goes so far as to say he'd leave a production where those rules were not being followed.

Here are the rules for gun safety:

https://www.nssf.org/safety/rules-firearms-safety/

Here is one relevant part of those rules relating to Baldwin's responsibility. Note that these are standard and well known rules of gun safety---breaching them as Baldwin did, (and others on the production as well), can be considered criminally negligent homicide or something similar, which don't need intent as an aspect. My gut feeling is he won't be charged; as one LA defense lawyer said, New Mexico won't want to chase off movie production by holding Baldwin and others in the production criminally culpable. In other words, yep, he probably can be charged, but won't for political reasons.

I will note that instruction in gun safety is available at every gun shop in the country, so it's easy to get training.
    In general firearm safety yes individuals should be responsible. But, there are child actors who have used guns in performances etc. I don't know enough about movie/entertainment in general processes for weapons. But, I would think actors just trust that the people who hand them weapons for a scene whose job it was to make sure of that type thing actually "did their job". Maybe this will be a Lesson Learned moment. And one of the takeaways will be anyone even if the weapon is fake or supposed to have blanks checks it or fires it a couple times whatever at some object before starting the scene

I do put some of this on Baldwin. Yes the person told him the gun was safe. but how many actors have said they always check any way. of course they could just be saying that I dont know. But aside from that there were problems with the fake guns safety issues in the days leading up to the shooting. So it is clear that on at least 2 instances the so called experts messed up, and he still didnt thing to check the gun himself. Maybe he didnt know how? I dont know. But he has been in all kinds of movies with guns to at least know the minimum of gun safety. So he was careless at best.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    I don't know how things are gonna be next year, But I got a feeling it won't be good. Voting Districts gerrymandered all to ****, giving republicans an unfair advantage all around, Constant infighting between progressives and centrists that's hurting Biden and the American public at large while the Republicans are foaming at the mouth at their 2022 chances. We got folks out there saying that they will never vote again because their voices aren't being heard which means self-preservation has taken precedent over fighting for social change. How much can We The People take. Just thinking about it makes me hella depressed
    O am pretty sure the GOP is going to be sitting very pretty after the mid terms. This whole thing is crazy and will set up for the worst presidential election ever in 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    O am pretty sure the GOP is going to be sitting very pretty after the mid terms. This whole thing is crazy and will set up for the worst presidential election ever in 2024.
    Although a lot can happen between now and the ‘22 midterms

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    Although a lot can happen between now and the ‘22 midterms
    Yea it can. But with Biden's approval rating dropping and the Dems infighting in public and the press giving the GOP so many talking points, they are making it hard on themselves. Not to mention what was talked about above the groups who voted for the promise of change and feel like it was not delivered and taking a "Why bother." attitude for next time. I just dont see the Dems doing well in the Midterms. I wish that was not the case but I just dont see it. I mean they control the house, Senate, and White House and they cant even pass their own bills. That is the narrative tat the GOP is taking and running with right now. And a lot of people sadly are listening.