More to ponder of Chapple
    But Netflix firing Pagels-Minor didn’t stop the momentum, with employees walking out of a Los Angeles office on October 20. The trans employee resource group also created a list of demands to repair for the harm caused by the Chapelle special, including the creation of a new fund specifically for trans and nonbinary talent, calls for sensitivity readers for controversial content, and recruiting more trans people for leadership roles. As tech reporters have pointed out, this is a massively unprecedented show of worker solidarity that would have been “unthinkable” within the tech industry just a few years ago. It comes in the midst of a massive labor movement across industries, including Hollywood and tech, at which Netflix sits squarely at the intersection. - THEM, October 26, 2021
    so it IS about money and power not rights or punching up or down or any which way.
    Last edited by Xheight; 10-28-2021 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Gee, I wonder why the voter suppression gurus (you know, it's totally overblown and no big deal according to conservative posters) are trying to take over elections in Fulton County?

https://apnews.com/article/elections...195e5aeca75d10
    it is not suppression to restore credibility to our election system.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Hey, the if the Dems in Congress ever manage to hike the tax rate on the wealthy and on Big Businesses, if SALT is reinstated, then the tax rates in NJ will go down. Until then, I can live with higher taxes.
    Not true - why say that one is effecting the other directly? These articles are laughable in their presumptions. The wealthy in the state also pay high local taxes to exclude and advantage their children in public schools to a staggering degree. The profile of the state has been upper suburban for decades and now empty nest flight is adding to the red blue either or urban vs rural divide that plagues many states. The article points to a sector of the state that yes perhaps is being helped but let one not confuse it with why people move there and leave there.

Relatives I have there figure the are paying for good schools at least compared to the tristate area issues which for me isn't such an issue and the urban life saves me on other costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    We both know this is a lie with regards to what's happening here, no matter how much you insist on repeating it, unless you're a credulous rube.

We both know this is a lie with regards to what's happening here, no matter how much you insist on repeating it, unless you're a credulous rube.
    I know that a lie has been sold to the American public through an extensive campaign of PR flacks and interested powers. I have posted links to the push to shore up our "system" even though it was only supposed to be an emergency system.

I believe you are the one who has been sold a bill of goods or you just favor a side to win by any means (as long as they don't get caught out in the open that is).

I know that a lie has been sold to the American public through an extensive campaign of PR flacks and interested powers. I have posted links to the push to shore up our "system" even though it was only supposed to be an emergency system.

I believe you are the one who has been sold a bill of goods or you just favor a side to win by any means (as long as they don't get caught out in the open that is).
    Open societies require protection from people like you. People who would gladly trash democracy when it doesn't go their way. Your guy tried to hold a coup on 1/6, and here you are trying to convince us that the election was 'stolen' by a DNC that couldn't even deliver a working majority in the Senate and anything more than a razor thin margin in congress.

You're not the majority. You will never be the majority again. You might get to wield political power by ensuring only the *right* people get to vote and with gerrymandered districts and a system that favors land over people in the Senate, but a majority of the populace has rejected what is on sale here, and will well into the future.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 10-28-2021 at 07:15 AM.

"Kids today are SUCH snowflakes," say conservative republicans as they try to ban books that might make a child 'uncomfortable'.
    I have said it before - using your opponents weapons against each other only widens the bloody divide.

meanwhile - I love it when KOS is clueless https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...gn=most-shared

Open societies require protection from people like you. People who would gladly trash democracy when it doesn't go their way. Your guy tried to hold a coup on 1/6, and here you are trying to convince us that the election was 'stolen' by a DNC that couldn't even deliver a working majority in the Senate and anything more than a razor thin margin in congress.

You're not the majority. You will never be the majority again. You might get to wield political power by ensuring only the *right* people get to vote and with gerrymandered districts and a system that favors land over people in the Senate, but a majority of the populace has rejected what is on sale here, and will well into the future.
    Open as an clique that enforces its way of thinking you mean. As to being glad what do you think drives the anger of Jan 6? Pure Trumpism? The Democratic party has moved from Majority rule to Majoritarianism as its tool to power no different from the collapse of the Roman Republic to Imperial use of the masses. I am not a majority person to begin with so it is not power that I seek to reclaim but protections of my individuality even if you find them loathsome. And don't talk to me about gerrymandering where Asians in this city have had to share their political clout with every other minority thanks to Democrat machine politics.

True, but what Republicans in Georgia and Texas are doing will not restore credibility to our election system. It is an attempt to keep the "wrong" people from voting.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Oh look. A paragraph of absolute rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    True, but what Republicans in Georgia and Texas are doing will not restore credibility to our election system. It is an attempt to keep the "wrong" people from voting.
    Credibility to whom - Divisive Fiction created by the Democratic party that it is about "wrong people" when it is about deliberation and accountability.

WUSA9 has learned more residents have already cast their ballots early for the hotly contested governor’s race between Democrat Terry McAuliffe and Republican Glen Youngkin than in the last gubernatorial election (2017).

Check out these numbers from the Virginia Public Access Project:

As of Monday, Oct. 25 almost 724,965 people voted early compared to 195,634 early voters in 2017 (calculated 11/7/2017).

Voters standing in line at the Walter Reed Community Center in Arlington Tuesday credit the accessibility of early voting.

“Much easier, absolutely,” said voter Bob Stacy, “national and local elections.”

And this year, there are incentives.

“It’s like one-stop shopping you come up [to] get your early voting and get your COVID booster as well,” said Steve Shimel.

So, let’s zero in on the numbers: Who are these early voters?

According to the latest data from the Public Access Project, Democrats have historically dominated early voting, but Republicans are gaining headway. So far, Democrats make up 56.8% of early in-person votes, Republicans 40.8%.

Democrats who mailed in their votes account for 75.9% of the tally, Republicans 21.4%.

"I’m happy to see people get out and vote no matter who they vote for,” said Stacy.
    Early voting in Virginia ends Saturday, Oct. 30 at 5 p.m.
    Last edited by Xheight; 10-28-2021 at 09:34 AM.

Credibility to whom - Divisive Fiction created by the Democratic party that it is about "wrong people" when it is about deliberation and accountability.
    If Only the former guy hadn't spent months demonizing vote by mail maybe the Republicans would actually use it.

Sinema's gonna switch parties, isn't she?

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Republicans Are Losing Their Minds Because the DOJ Wants to Help Protect Threatened School Officials

This Garland hearing is typical of the GOP. They are twisting themselves in knots trying to be more outraged than the other. He is trying to tell them DOJ is looking into violence against school boards and members, thats all the memo is doing. They are turning it into the base culture war that DOJ is threatening parents and trying to stop them from speaking out on mandates and "critical race theory" boogeyman.
    It interferes with their mission to convert every parent with too much time on their hands and a Facebook account into a GOP activist.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    So I guess the only solution is to simply give up and learn to live with it
    Or vote. Get all your friends and relatives and their friends and relatives and so on to vote.
    Incumbents are less likely to be voted out so let’s get Democrats into those seats so real lasting change can finally be made.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe