Neo-Nazi Christopher Cantwell Watched Tucker Carlson And Got Help From A White Supremacist In Prison To Prepare For His Trial In Charlottesville

CHARLOTTESVILLE — Christopher Cantwell, one of 24 white supremacists and their organizations being sued by the victims of the deadly “Unite the Right” rally in 2017, fumbled his way around court without an attorney this week, interrupting proceedings, asking strange questions, and disagreeing with his fellow defendants.

No lawyer has been able to tolerate his antics, hate-filled online diatribes, puzzling motions he has filed himself, and confusing outbursts in pretrial hearings since the civil lawsuit against him and his codefendants was filed in October 2017.
    “Mr. Cantwell has rendered Attorney’s continued representation of him unreasonably difficult, has created a conflict of interest between himself and Attorney’s other clients, and has engaged in conduct Attorneys consider ‘repugnant or imprudent,’” two of his former attorneys put it before dropping him.

So over the course of the trial, which is expected to last around four weeks, Cantwell will defend himself.

But he still had help preparing.

A man who spent five months with Cantwell in the same unit in a medium-security prison in Marion, Illinois, said Cantwell was inspired and emboldened by the polarizing messages emanating from Fox News — specifically Tucker Carlson. In a filing in the Charlottesville lawsuit, Cantwell specifically cites Carlson as someone with whom he shares many views.
    Jarrett William Smith told BuzzFeed News in a phone interview that a group of white supremacists had banded together behind bars. They learned about what was happening outside the prison walls and the political messaging of the day from the far-right outlet.

After “the whites,” as Smith called the group, finished their legal work for the day, the group would regularly go to a television room in the prison to watch Carlson’s evening program.
    I wonder if it is legally possible to file a lawsuit against Tucker Carlson for, oh what is the best way to phrase it, defaming White Americans by creating an impression that every American of European decent is a far right lunatic like he is.

It's really bad that Tucker Carlson is using his media platform to inspire these White Supremacists and Neo-Nazis. It's bad for everyone, and I'd just love for an reason to launch a legit legal case against him.
    Last edited by Tami; 10-30-2021 at 04:45 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Burned every shred of credibility she had going to TV to champion Trump as the trans ally candidate in 2016, and defending him at every turn when it turned out he very obviously wasn't.
    Just call it your bigotry and don't conflate it with credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Neo-Nazi Christopher Cantwell Watched Tucker Carlson And Got Help From A White Supremacist In Prison To Prepare For His Trial In Charlottesville

I wonder if it is legally possible to file a lawsuit against Tucker Carlson for, oh what is the best way to phrase it, defaming White Americans by creating an impression that every American of European decent is a far right lunatic like he is.

It's really bad that Tucker Carlson is using his media platform to inspire these White Supremacists and Neo-Nazis. It's bad for everyone, and I'd just love for an reason to launch a legit legal case against him.
    I guess you don't put stock in judging people individually but rather by the color of their skin. There is a name for that that eludes me.
    Last edited by Xheight; 10-30-2021 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    If people complain about something every four years, meaning that they complain about it during both Republican and Democratic administrations, then it's likely that they do in fact have a good point.
    When it is evenly distributed then I would say all it shows is that it is fair as the system should be as designed by the founders.

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    Just call it your bigotry and don't conflate it with credibility.

I guess you don't put stock in judging people individually but rather by the color of their skin. There is a name for that that eludes me.
    You seem to have things backwards. People like Tucker Carlson are making it harder for all of us to be individuals. They are doing harm to everyone and I wish he'd just stop it.

You seem to have things backwards. People like Tucker Carlson are making it harder for all of us to be individuals. They are doing harm to everyone and I wish he'd just stop it.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

How friendly Trump was to the LGBTQ community

No, Trump Is Not a Friend to LGBTQ+ People. Here's the Evidence
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    That was clearly the rationale and reason behind the success of the early voting and mail ins. And its easy to correlate those taking advantage the most since the GOP and right wing media at the time kept downplaying precautions and mask wearing etc.
    In addition to Republicans badmouthing mail-in voting having an effect on the decisions of voting groups on how to vote, I think Democrats were generally more concerned with the pandemic and thus less-willing to vote in person. I suspect it's more about the type of people who vote for parties rather than voters following signals from the top.

So these are non-random groups that will have different voting patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    Why is that? Could it have anything to do with some people resist the idea that signing up with the Democratic Party as a lifelong commitment to hypocrisy and compromise.

Even Bernie Balked (Politico's word today not mine) at where the rubber meets the road to actually accomplishing progressive agenda items. Hey, but we got a few weeks of Parental leave. (Seriously isn't his career done and should draw a line in the sand somewhere. A lot of the Squad is young so I can see having an eye on the future but Bernie has what for the history books?)

The plain fact is that the party is led by the moderate oligarchs and no revolution is forthcoming like it did in the Republican Party to put the populists in charge. If you are going to look out for number one then you might as well go all in and cash out.

That NY mag psycho profile has got to be one of the most self serving and convoluted attempts to trash principle and defend politics I have seen in a while. But to go to your point about Super PAC money and going the Staci Abrams route, an example of the bought and sold, that is more understandable if you want to bed down with Democrats for the long term but that assumes that one BELIEVES that the Democratic party is the true protector of the values the motivate Green Style progressives. Abrams deep down still thinks that what ever the Dems need to do to win is consequentialist and justifies means.
    Sanders didn't balk. There isn't much he can do when 52 Senators are against much of the agenda. I think the idea that progressives didn't get what they want is a lie, since from my understanding they like the infrastructure bill in that they would prefer its passage to not getting anything in it. There's a weird bad-faith argument from the left that progressives are getting ripped off when it's more that they want to go further. Their main problem is the inability to convince enough of their colleagues that their plans have merit.

Regarding Sinema, my comments about taking Democratic Super PAC money were just to note why it doesn't make sense for her to sell out progressive principles. If it's all about selfishness, she would have an easier time making the same amount of money by being one of the most progressive members of the Senate.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    It's easy to be unaware of things when you bury your head in the sand because it conveniently allows your party to win election even though they don't have a majority, I reckon.

Here's an explanation from 2012, after a few years' of Scott and the Florida leg suppressing democracy:
    https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...xtreme-184830/

The Florida GOP hasonly gotten worse from there.
    The arguments about voter suppression in Florida seemed to disappear when Obama won the state, and when Bill Nelson was reelected comfortably against a qualified opponent in the same cycle.

I still don't see any information about the impact on the effects of gerrymandering on state legislative decisions on election outcomes.

On another note, the criticism of Rick Scott running for Senate while dealing with hurricanes seems misguided. Any party would want a popular governor to run for Senate, especially in what looks to be a bad year for the party. If the situation were reversed, it would be political malpractice for Democrats to say that a popular Governor shouldn't run for an important office. I don't think it's a standard to which you would hold a Democratic Governor running for Senate or national office, especially when the stakes are high.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Yesterday, a group of young men with tiki torches went to a Youngkin rally. It was initially reported neutrally.

https://twitter.com/holmes_reports/s...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

It turns out that it was a stunt by the Lincoln project, working with progressive activist Lauren Windsor. None of the men were supporters of Youngkin, and it was meant to criticize his connection to Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md...ille-youngkin/

This seems to be ill-advised.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Yesterday, a group of young men with tiki torches went to a Youngkin rally. It was initially reported neutrally.

https://twitter.com/holmes_reports/s...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

It turns out that it was a stunt by the Lincoln project, working with progressive activist Lauren Windsor. None of the men were supporters of Youngkin, and it was meant to criticize his connection to Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md...ille-youngkin/

This seems to be ill-advised.
    I don't think it is ill advised to remind people how much Youngkin supported Trump.

Youngkin-and-Trump.jpg

Should I post this to Twitter?

How about this one?

Jack-and-Trump.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I don't think it is ill advised to remind people how much Youngkin supported Trump.
    The ill-advised part was making it look like a failed effort to frame Youngkin (even if they always intended to come forward.)

For example, Tami's memes are valid. It doesn't seem like an effort to trick anyone.

For a while, people reported progressive activists and critics of Republicans as if they were white supremacists supporting Youngkin. This included one of the activists involved.

https://twitter.com/lawindsor/status...44137603661826
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Ultimate Member

The ill-advised part was making it look like a failed effort to frame Youngkin (even if they always intended to come forward.)

For example, Tami's memes are valid. It doesn't seem like an effort to trick anyone.

For a while, people reported progressive activists and critics of Republicans as if they were white supremacists supporting Youngkin. This included one of the activists involved.

If this was a stunt by the Lincoln Group, then it's not progressives attacking them. Let the GOP eat itself.

When your satire is so subtle that even smart people don't immediately recognize it as satire, it's a fail.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Youngkin-and-Trump.jpg

Should I post this to Twitter?
    Is Youngkin taking a job at Target or Home Depot? That's what his red vest looks like. I guess he's hedging his bet in case he loses the election.
    Watching television is not an activity.