Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Out of curiosity, can you post a link to your info?
    Don't be silly, there isn't one. It's nonsense pure and simple.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Devil View Post
    The vaccines do work at lowering symptoms but according to the CDC they do not stop someone from spreading or catching COVID.

For me I am concerned about being required to get jabbed whenever the pharmaceutical company wants some more money. So endless jabbing for the same sickness is where I see us going and I'm not a fan.
    Nothing is going to prevent you from spreading something if you actually catch it (outside of quarantine)- but I'm pretty sure you are misreading about the vaccine not reducing your chances of catching it.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Ultimate Member

The vaccines do work at lowering symptoms but according to the CDC they do not stop someone from spreading or catching COVID.

For me I am concerned about being required to get jabbed whenever the pharmaceutical company wants some more money. So endless jabbing for the same sickness is where I see us going and I'm not a fan.
    That's why we have the CDC to evaluate the information and advise the government

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Hey.

There isn't an argument, you're denying FACTS. Vaccines work.

Stop spreading your party's propaganda that gets people killed. I don't know how many posts in a row I need to say it before you stop participating in casual genocide by right-wing rhetoric.

Then again, the rebrand for your party is to enjoy the suffering for others, so ideologically, this tracks. But it's still wrong, and just stop.
    I agree that vaccines work.

One argument that exists is that "vaccination is a good thing, but it shouldn't be mandated."

I do not endorse this argument. I am simply acknowledging its existence. I am curious how acknowledging a perspective that other people hold is the equivalent of casual genocide.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Nothing is going to prevent you from spreading something if you actually catch it (outside of quarantine)- but I'm pretty sure you are misreading about the vaccine not reducing your chances of catching it.

In this case, it's important to note that vaccines make it less likely that someone will catch Covid, while also making it less likely that those who catch Covid transmit it, get hospitalized from it or die from it.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02689-y

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...690-3/fulltext

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...smission-rates
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

One argument that exists is that "vaccination is a good thing, but it shouldn't be mandated."

I do not endorse this argument. I am simply acknowledging its existence. I am curious how acknowledging a perspective that other people hold is the equivalent of casual genocide.
    Because it isn't an actual argument and even acknowledging other people's dangerous ignorance only furthers the spread of dangerous misinformation.

This is something of a disappointment to me about CBR of late, so many other message boards have strict rules about spreading covid-19 misinformation but like Facebook CBR does nothing.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 10-31-2021 at 04:50 PM.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Ah, your habit of sharing terrible arguments that your party has, but then going, "it's not my argument, though".

If it's not your argument, and it's not helping, don't f***ing propagate it. Like, you might not agree with Neo-Nazi arguments, but you shouldn't post those, either, and then give a lame ass defense of, "Well, I'M not saying that, but SOME people do." That is a cowardly debate tactic worthy of... well... Donald Trump. "Some people are saying..." You're acknowledging they're not factually correct, fine. If you'd like to also waste our time presenting the arguments of Flat Earthers, that would probably do less damage during a pandemic, but you'd still be wrong for doing it.

Dr. Deborah Birx just stated that Trump's misinformation and mishandling of Covid-19 and his party aiding that anti-mask and anti-vaxx crusade caused hundreds of thousands of additional deaths. That would be what I am referring to as "casual genocide".

It's Halloween. I'm walking away from this absolute farce of a discussion that seems to have folks willing to aid the ignorant in their either deliberate or unintentional quest to get people killed.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I've said this before: it's like wearing a seatbelt. Seatbelts don't prevent car accidents, but they do significantly lower the probability of serious injury or death from a car accident. So if my doctor tells me to get a booster shot for Covid, I'm going to believe my doctor rather than assume some pharmaceutical conspiracy.
    Watching television is not an activity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I've said this before: it's like wearing a seatbelt. Seatbelts don't prevent car accidents, but they do significantly lower the probability of serious injury or death from a car accident. So if my doctor tells me to get a booster shot for Covid, I'm going to believe my doctor rather than assume some pharmaceutical conspiracy.
    That is fair but I know to well that there is no reason to fix a problem if endless profit can be made from temporary solutions.

Astonishing Member

It should be mandated because you can hurt others if you catch COVID.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Because it isn't an actual argument and even acknowledging other people's dangerous ignorance only furthers the spread of dangerous misinformation.

This is something of a disappointment to me about CBR of late, so many other message boards have strict rules about spreading covid-19 misinformation but like Facebook CBR does nothing.
    It's objectively not misinformation to say that some people believe that vaccination is a good thing, but it shouldn't be mandated. That is an opinion some people hold.

Who would determine that the people who actually believe that vaccination is a good thing, but it shouldn't be mandated are spreading misinformation? It seems to be an opinion. Who should have the ability to say that this is an opinion no reasonable person can hold?

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Ah, your habit of sharing terrible arguments that your party has, but then going, "it's not my argument, though".

If it's not your argument, and it's not helping, don't f***ing propagate it. Like, you might not agree with Neo-Nazi arguments, but you shouldn't post those, either, and then give a lame ass defense of, "Well, I'M not saying that, but SOME people do." That is a cowardly debate tactic worthy of... well... Donald Trump. "Some people are saying..." You're acknowledging they're not factually correct, fine. If you'd like to also waste our time presenting the arguments of Flat Earthers, that would probably do less damage during a pandemic, but you'd still be wrong for doing it.

Dr. Deborah Birx just stated that Trump's misinformation and mishandling of Covid-19 and his party aiding that anti-mask and anti-vaxx crusade caused hundreds of thousands of additional deaths. That would be what I am referring to as "casual genocide".

It's Halloween. I'm walking away from this absolute farce of a discussion that seems to have folks willing to aid the ignorant in their either deliberate or unintentional quest to get people killed.
    In this particular case I was explaining why someone might feel a particular way. Sharing the arguments of others is relevant in that case. Tp use your flat earth example, it could be relevant to say that this is a belief some people claim to hold.

To be fair, those are accurate links.

But it does seem one person misspoke. This is not evidence that transmission rates of Delta (and it is worth noting some people will catch other Covid strains) are the same among the vaccinated and unvaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    It should be mandated because you can hurt others if you catch COVID.
    I completely understand this position as well.
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 10-31-2021 at 05:12 PM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

That is fair but I know to well that there is no reason to fix a problem if endless profit can be made from temporary solutions.
    Past experience does not equal evidence. Yes, many corporations regularly offer a temporary fix for problems that could easily have permanent solutions but generate less profit. That's only a good enough reason to refuse the temporary fix if it's not risking your life to refuse.
    Watching television is not an activity.

In this particular case I was explaining why someone might feel a particular way. Sharing the arguments of others is relevant in that case. Tp use your flat earth example, it could be relevant to say that this is a belief some people claim to hold.
    Then it's relevant for me to say that I've heard it said that people that waste everyone's time sharing the absurd arguments of others are clowns and charlatans who no one should take seriously.

I'm not saying it, of course. Others are. At least what the argument I've heard and am sharing isn't absurd or detrimental to the well being of others.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Past experience does not equal evidence. Yes, many corporations regularly offer a temporary fix for problems that could easily have permanent solutions but generate less profit. That's only a good enough reason to refuse the temporary fix if it's not risking your life to refuse.
    If someone insists on a permanent solution for a rapidly mutating virus they will be waiting a very, very long time. There isn't a cure for either the common cold or the flu yet. This also doesn't account for the fact that viruses are like evil Lego sets - if someone has two strains of the same thing, they can exchange DNA fragments and create a new variant.
    Dark does not mean deep.