In "Republicans who should just go away" news...

Jim Bob Duggar is going to make his first run for Arkansas State Senate since 2006, trying to win in a special election
    . He needs a new grift since he has 19 kids (in a home widely reported to have abuse in it, given his son Josh), and he hasn't gotten any TLC money since 2015. The elder Duggar held a seat in the Arkansas House of Representatives from 1999-2003.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Then it's relevant for me to say that I've heard it said that people that waste everyone's time sharing the absurd arguments of others are clowns and charlatans who no one should take seriously.

I'm not saying it, of course. Others are. At least what the argument I've heard and am sharing isn't absurd or detrimental to the well being of others.
    I understand. Obviously you don't fall into this category but there are some people who lack the basic capacity to understand that articulating an argument is not the equivalent of endorsing it. That has worrisome implications in any discussions about politics, making it harder for people to talk about issues or simple political strategy, which is more effective when there's open and honest discussion about the positions held by voters.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member

Well, evidently Alec Baldwin is all over it; he's resumed normal tweeting as if nothing had happened. Maybe wait more than a week next time you shoot someone to death, Alec. It sort of gives the impression, mistaken no doubt, that you just don't really care all that much.

Also, he's trying to avoid the blame. Sorry, Alec, it isn't "one in a trillion", it's one YOU messed up on. No, he's not the only one to blame, but he was the last in the chain of death, and he could have stopped it, if he had bothered. Pity, I liked his acting.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Well, evidently Alec Baldwin is all over it; he's resumed normal tweeting as if nothing had happened. Maybe wait more than a week next time you shoot someone to death, Alec. It sort of gives the impression, mistaken no doubt, that you just don't really care all that much.

Also, he's trying to avoid the blame. Sorry, Alec, it isn't "one in a trillion", it's one YOU messed up on. No, he's not the only one to blame, but he was the last in the chain of death, and he could have stopped it, if he had bothered. Pity, I liked his acting.

Why do you say he could have stopped it? Based on what? Do you know the rules and regulations and protocols for actors checking and clearing weapons on movie sets?

BANNED

This Alec Baldwin tweet aged like bad cheese.

Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 10.05.16 PM.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Why do you say he could have stopped it? Based on what? Do you know the rules and regulations and protocols for actors checking and clearing weapons on movie sets?
    You've never handled a gun, have you? The rules for gun handling don't change if you're an actor. And yes, on responsible sets, he would have to give it the once over to verify for himself. Everyone who wants to not kill someone who is handed a gun by someone else checks it themselves, period. No exceptions ever. Anyone who doesn't is negligent, and if they kill someone, probably criminally negligent. As the last person in that chain, he doesn't get to blame anyone else. That at least two other people seem to be criminally negligent, and possibly more, has not bearing on his responsibility. And personally, if I were an actor, I would never appear in anything with Baldwin if he had to handle a gun. And I don't think anyone with brains would, either.

And that's without considering his other huge, fatal error, pointing it at someone. Which is another rule of gun safety that is absolute that he broke, only point it at someone you want to kill, or something you want to ruin. Or in other words, don't point a gun at someone you are not willing to shoot and kill. He's in rehearsal, just practicing his moves, using a real gun, and the idiot pointed it at someone. They want to work out spots and camera angles, use a non functioning gun.
    Last edited by achilles; 10-31-2021 at 07:12 PM.

- Stopped, and checked to see if the blanks were actually blanks and not live rounds.

- Taken it out, and fired once to make sure they were blanks.

- Never mind the other things that he could have done.

Not like it is all on him, but he also could have done some things differently.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    You've never handled a gun, have you? The rules for gun handling don't change if you're an actor. And yes, on responsible sets, he would have to give it the once over to verify for himself. Everyone who wants to not kill someone who is handed a gun by someone else checks it themselves, period. No exceptions ever. Anyone who doesn't is negligent, and if they kill someone, probably criminally negligent. As the last person in that chain, he doesn't get to blame anyone else. That at least two other people seem to be criminally negligent, and possibly more, has not bearing on his responsibility. And personally, if I were an actor, I would never appear in anything with Baldwin if he had to handle a gun. And I don't think anyone with brains would, either.
    I was a cop for 22 years and in the military before that. I have fired tens of thousands of rounds so don't lecture me about handling guns. You don't know what the rules are within these unions regarding firearms usage on sets. Going off half cocked acting like you do is being troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Devil View Post

"Wrongfully..." is not the same thing as "Accidentally..."

Shouldn't even need to be said, but there is a particularly clear difference between the two.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    - Stopped, and checked to see if the blanks were actually blanks and not live rounds.

- Taken it out, and fired once to make sure they were blanks.

- Never mind the other things that he could have done.

Not like it is all on him, but he also could have done some things differently.

Again. Is this something actors are even permitted to do on sets? Why does everyone on here acting like they know, about safety rules and regulations regarding firearms on movie sets?

Again. Is this something actors are even permitted to do on sets? Why does everyone on here acting like they know, about safety rules and regulations regarding firearms on movie sets?
    Local AM radio/That Day...

An armorer and an actor both brought that very thing up.

Even a blank has the potential to hurt someone. From what they said, it is not particularly unusual to be on the safe side.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Devil View Post

You think that is the wrong response to a cop killing an innocent person?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Local AM radio/That Day...

An armorer and an actor both brought that very thing up.

Even a blank has the potential to hurt someone. From what they said, it is not particularly unusual to be on the safe side.

Movie sets themselves do not follow basic firearms rules. One can watch any of the thousands of movies over the last 100 years to know that. They point weapons at people. A typical John Wick w movie has hundreds of actors pointing guns at people. You are not even suppose to do that, with basic firearms rules, unless you intent is to shoot them. So that right there is a violation of a basic firearms rule. This is why there are experts on sets. Or there is suppose to be. These people are in charge and are suppose to make sets safe. Not actors. Actors act. They are not trained in clearing firearms and making sure they are safe. The movie industry has run on this idea for decades. Of course blanks can be dangerous.Thats why you have safety officers and armorers on sets to make sure things are being done right. Even when I was in the Military where I shot thousands and thousands of rounds when I came off the range with a weapon I myself knew inside and out, the range master checked again to see if my weapon was cleared properly. And even then there were accidents.

Extraordinary Member

I was a cop for 22 years and in the military before that. I have fired tens of thousands of rounds so don't lecture me about handling guns. You don't know what the rules are within these unions regarding firearms usage on sets. Going off half cocked acting like you do is being troll.
    Yeah, I do, they've been going on about it almost since it happened. The union, that is---they don't want to be associated with this. They don't allow his conduct, and the production replaced them. It was a non-union crew on set that day. Not knowing that is...well, whatever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    You think that is the wrong response to a cop killing an innocent person?
    I wasn't talking about nor suggesting that. Follow the conversation.