Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Like pastors and politicians going hard against homosexuality/LGBTQ+ rights, when in reality it shouldn't impact day-to-day bigots beyond being an easy lay-up moral superiority stance (if you're not gay, pretty easy to slam someone for being gay if you view that as a bad thing sky daddy disapproves of), when someone "protest too much" there's probably some fire beneath the smokescreen.
    Fifties style Freudian flimflam. Okay sure. Put down your copy of Seduction of the Innocent and read more comics.
    Last edited by Xheight; 11-01-2021 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    The assumption here being that rational equals being against the use of violence in order to save our country. Unless you are a Quaker or something, Redemptive Violence is completely within the American Tradition. It is debatable but it is a rational debate. Curious though how that number might have shifted since the Sixties over political affiliation or non-party Americans like SDS or Black Panthers.
    There is rational, and there is rationalization. It is apparent where this lies.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Roger Stone said this weekend that he would consider running for governor in Florida against Ron DeSantis if the Republican leader refuses to conduct an audit of the state's 2020 election results.
    Pray for WBE.

Pray.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

How fucked in the head is that thinking ? Trump won Florida ? Why would they wanna recount where he won ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    How fucked in the head is that thinking ? Trump won Florida ? Why would they wanna recount where he won ?
    Because they won MORE, don't you know.

Astonishing Member

Justices wrestle with Texas abortion ban

The Supreme Court wrestled Monday with the most significant abortion case it has heard in nearly three decades, mulling the fate of a Texas law that has sharply restricted abortions in the state by opening health care workers and others to the threat of private lawsuits for facilitating the termination of a pregnancy.

Early in the arguments, Justice Amy Coney Barrett raised the hopes of abortion rights advocates by questioning a provision in the Texas law that limits which legal arguments alleged abortion facilitators can make to defend themselves when sued under the statute. She noted that the law seeks to block defendants from arguing to state judges that allowing members of the public to collect thousands of dollars in damages over someone’s abortion could chill others seeking to obtain or provide abortions.
    Several justices from across the ideological spectrum took issue, however, with the clinics’ attempt to sue Texas state court judges and clerks to stop them from hearing cases brought against abortion providers.

“You might appreciate that the idea of suing judges caught our attention,” Chief Justice John Roberts remarked dryly. “That seems to me to raise a real problem.”

Justices Stephen Breyer and Samuel Alito — who rarely agree — also raised potential objections to the clinics’ strategy. Breyer asked whether it could open the door to people suing judges in common tort suits, while Alito was skeptical that a judge merely hearing a case against an abortion provider makes them an agent of enforcing the state’s ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    There is rational, and there is rationalization. It is apparent where this lies.
    51kMUICnFJL._AC_AA220_.jpg

So you say.

Yes, a perfect description of most of your posts.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Fifties style Freudian flimflam. Okay sure. Put down your copy of Seduction of the Innocent and read more comics.
    So there haven't been Catholic pastors saying homosexuals are bad because they're the same as pedophiles, while the pastors themselves were molesting children? There literally have been books and movies on this. Where have you been, Xheight?
    Watching television is not an activity.

It isn’t about the results of the count. The objective is to create general distrust in the system.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    It isn’t about the results of the count. The objective is to create general distrust in the system.
    Exactly. That’s been the been the plan ever since 1/6. And it’s not going to stop anytime soon.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    There is a retired General who contributes to MSNBC (can't think of his name at the moment) who once said that Flynn should be recalled to active duty, for the express purposes of Dishonorably Discharging him. And I absolutely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Yeah, it's definitely wrong to blame him when it's possible that the investigation will show he wasn't at fault.

With the John Wick series and any movies that have close quarter gun combat (which looks cool on film, but is unrealistic) the armorers basically created fake guns.

https://www.cracked.com/personal-exp...y-not-die.html
    For a moment I thought "Now, why don't all movie sets do that with guns?" Then I realized it would cost money, and studios hate shelling out for little things like that. Though, after this, I would think there would be a push to make those kind of gun modifications in film required.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    There is a retired General who contributes to MSNBC (can't think of his name at the moment) who once said that Flynn should be recalled to active duty, for the express purposes of Dishonorably Discharging him. And I absolutely agree.

For a moment I thought "Now, why don't all movie sets do that with guns?" Then I realized it would cost money, and studios hate shelling out for little things like that. Though, after this, I would think there would be a push to make those kind of gun modifications in film required.
    They should just spay paint their Nerf guns black for a cheap solution. *joke*

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

I mean sure. But lets face it how many hours of westerns have been made in the history of cinema? I don't know the ratio of real vs fake guns on theses sets. But Hollywood has managed to keep the number of people shot with real bullets on westerns to a very low ratio. Whatever they were doing for the last 100 years was working. This movie set was obviously the exception.

They need to make the "Deep State" look huge, to radicalize their base further so that the next coup works.