Page 237 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 1371872272332342352362372382392402412472873377371237 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 75153
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sammy_hansen View Post
    This is an interesting debate here, because it could be a slippery slope, and I don’t mean that in a hyperbolic way. How many of the founding fathers were slave owners or slavery defenders? And think about how many places and things are named after them!
    Why, that slippery slope might slide us all the way to Columbus day not being a holiday and making election day a holiday instead.
    The horror!
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

With the funeral going on, I thought this would be a good thing to share right now:

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I'm glad that General Colin Powell publicly denounced Mr. 45. It is truly bizarre to see these high profile “black conservatives” over the years like Armstrong Williams, Herman Cain, Jessie Lee Peterson, Omarosa (I don’t care if she did have a “Paul at Damascus” moment, she’s still galling, and now folks like Paris Dennard, Candace Owens and this updated Trump-era of black folks whoa are lock-in-step with right-wing orthodoxy to the point of being more Tea Party, WhiteVangelical and NeoCon than the white representatives are. Absolutely shameful.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/07/polit...ntv/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I'm sure claiming the elderly guy bleeding out of his ear was "faking it" after he was brutalized by the cops will help Trump reverse the trend of losing the support of voters over 65.

Or, quite literally, the opposite of that.
    I wish I were making this up but: The day it happened, several of the MAGA bot and propaganda accounts I monitor spread the conspiracy theory that the man had a bubble of movie blood hidden under a fake piece of skin on the back of his head. They posted a picture of the back of his head (older bald men have bulgy wrinkles on the backs of their heads) with a picture of a bottle of prank blood.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Considering that a stunning 84% of Americans agree that the protests are justified because the police sucks eggs, maybe it's wishful thinking by far right types like you that it's a bad slogan. Just some food for thought.
    Again though, if even Biden is against defunding police maybe the message needs a bit of tweaking. Maybe.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Just for sake of posing a hypothetical question I’m going to make a completely erroneous assumption...

Let’s imagine the Donald has a shred of realism about assessing his chances of re-election. Then he must realise he will very likely lose, quite possibly by a record margin.

If he wanted to avoid that...how late in the process could he decide not to stand against Biden to let another Republican the take the beating instead?
    Trump's swollen ego would never allow him to step aside. In his mind, he doesn't think there's any possible way he can lose, so why cut and run? Self-preservation plays a part too because a trial about his dirty dealings detailed in the Mueller Report is waiting for him after he leaves office, a trial that could land him in prison, and only the presidency is keeping him safe. Even if he loses, Trump will literally have to be dragged kicking and screaming from the White House as there's no way in hell he'll leave willingly.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

N.J. coronavirus stay-at-home order lifted by Murphy as state reopening moves forward

New Jersey is lifting the stay-at-home order put in place nearly three months ago to slow the spread of the coronavirus as the reopening plan nears Stage 2 with nonessential retail set to allow customers inside again next week, Gov. Phil Murphy announced Tuesday.

Murphy has cited continued progress with fewer numbers of newly infected people and deaths in recent weeks as the reason to lift unprecedented restrictions put in place. He issued the stay-at-home order March 21.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    8 percent? Damn! I'm surprised it was THAT high, and that's not counting the likelihood Baghdad Barbie pulled that number out her ass.

====================

The Fall Of America’s Monuments To Racism

Worldwide protests over anti-Black racism and police brutality renewed efforts to take down Confederate monuments.

Guardsman Told Barr Protest Was Peaceful Before Violent Attack, Lawmaker Says

The attorney general has insisted that the White House crowd was violent before he ordered an aggressive clearing of the area where Trump staged a photo-op. Why am I NOT surprised about that relevation?

William Barr Flatly Contradicts Trump’s Story That He Was In His Bunker For ‘Inspection’

He was being protected from protesters, the attorney general reveals in a Fox News interview. Well, ****, Droopy Dogg, we all knew that!

Trump Is Opposed To ‘Kneeling In General,’ Raising Hell With Religious Worship

“Jesus likes kneeling,” a Twitter critic reminded the White House. Perhaps Trump's reticence about kneeling comes from the fact he's too obese and out of shape to do that.

Tucker Carlson Stuns Twitter Users With ‘Most Racist’ Thing He’s Ever Said

Carlson tells Fox News viewers that a Black Lives Matter “mob” is coming for them. Oh, boy! Words fail me.

I’m Immunocompromised. Marching For George Floyd Could Kill Me, But I’m Still Doing It.

“I’ll step out again, even if this time ends up being the last time.” A piece that's well worth reading, regardless of what color your skin is.
    The reason that Trump got 8% of the Black vote and Romney only got 2% may have been because there were Black voters who voted for Obama in 2012 and stayed home in 2016. So Trump could have actually had fewer votes from Black people but have it a higher percentage of the number of Black people who voted.

And I wonder if Trump actually ever knelt down, who would help him get back up.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Intermediary

"Confessions Of A Former B*****d Cop"

I was a police officer in a major metropolitan area in California with a predominantly poor, non-white population (with a large proportion of first-generation immigrants). One night during briefing, our watch commander told us that the city council had requested a new zero tolerance policy. Against murderers, drug dealers, or child predators?
    No, against homeless people collecting cans from recycling bins.
    See, the city had some kickback deal with the waste management company where waste management got paid by the government for our expected tonnage of recycling. When homeless people “stole” that recycling from the waste management company, they were putting that cheaper contract in peril. So, we were to arrest as many recyclers as we could find.
    One of the most important thought leaders in law enforcement is Col. Dave Grossman, a “killologist” who wrote an essay called “Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs”. Cops are the sheepdogs, bad guys are the wolves, and the citizens are the sheep (!). Col. Grossman makes sure to mention that to a stupid sheep, sheepdogs look more like wolves than sheep, and that’s why they dislike you.
    This “they hate you for protecting them and only I love you, only I can protect you” tactic is familiar to students of abuse. It’s what abusers do to coerce their victims into isolation, pulling them away from friends and family and ensnaring them in the abuser’s toxic web. Law enforcement does this too, pitting the officer against civilians. “They don’t understand what you do, they don’t respect your sacrifice, they just want to get away with crimes. You’re only safe with us.”

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

You could tell from the video that the victim was put off balance when the cop shoved him. And when you get up there in years with backward momentum on top of that , you are a high risk for a bad fall.

Intermediary

Georgia is having serious problems with their primary today, reports of machines not working in various precincts, people in line since 7am still waiting

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    Georgia is having serious problems with their primary today, reports of machines not working in various precincts, people in line since 7am still waiting
    Brian Kemp loves this. his background as secretary of state there proves it. Horrible.

Intermediary

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Brian Kemp loves this. his background as secretary of state there proves it. Horrible.
    one of his buddies is the current Secretary Of State (in charge with overseeing elections and primaries)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Perhaps if a slogan is not meant to be taken literally, there was a major communications error in the adoption of said slogan.
    It was organic, not developed.

Perhaps when people have a visceral or gut reaction to something, the stance should be, "Let me learn about it," instead of minimizing it.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    The reason that Trump got 8% of the Black vote and Romney only got 2% may have been because there were Black voters who voted for Obama in 2012 and stayed home in 2016. So Trump could have actually had fewer votes from Black people but have it a higher percentage of the number of Black people who voted.

And I wonder if Trump actually ever knelt down, who would help him get back up.
    Damn good question. My guess would a member of the Secret Service, probably two members since Trump is a major league lardass and would require a tag team effort.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!